Old 12-03-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
That is so cool!! My DH will never knit either. He prefers golf and doing wood work. I'm hoping he's finally getting around to changing his mind about thinking that knitting & crocheting is only for grannies. Lots of my friends who are my age knit and lots of teens knit too. I can't even imagine him sitting on the couch knitting with me or going through patterns together! LOL But it's so cool to know that there are men who appreciate this hobby as much as we do.

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
mommydearest
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Knitting_Guy View Post
Mary, that's great but now you two will be fighting over the stash
Nah, I'll just give him all the gray acrylic I have, it's his favorite color. I taught him with the gray also since I didn't want him practicing with my cotton, which I'm using up quickly for my dishcloths.

He doesn't do footfall unless it's the soccer kind but he does watch TV so he thought it would be good to be doing something usefull at the same time. My dh cooks, cleans, will help with dishes and laundry and sews; what more could I ask for

I talk a lot about this forum and that there are several guys that knit and/or crochet, we all think it's great.

Mary

FO's: Lots of dishcloths, beanies, bandanas, Easy Lace Scarf, Christmas Stockings - mini and regular sizes, Central Park Hoody, Scarf & Hat set, an American Flag Table Runner, Chenille Pillow cover

frogged: Log Cabin Stashghan - I'll try again but in different colors.

I'm jamn2knit @
http://www.ravelry.com/people/jamn2knit
mommydearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #13
Eccie
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Eccie Send a message via AIM to Eccie Send a message via MSN to Eccie Send a message via Yahoo to Eccie
My hubby asked if I'd show him a few weeks ago. (He's getting tired of waiting on me to make that Doctor Who scarf I think.) He had no trouble learning to cast on but when he turned to start kntting he always wanted to pull the needles apart, which stretched the yarn loose, which made the whole thing not work so well. He finally got frustrated and said his fingers were too big :P I think I'll get some bulky yarn and let him try on the US 15s and see if it's easier for him.

EccentricScrpn at Ravelry

My blog
'I would be more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her serenity. - EB White'
Eccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
Jaxhil
Working the Gusset

Y'all are so lucky!

My husband said he would learn if we ever move to Alaska.

Hmmm..I don't see that happening anytime soon
too bad, it would be sooo fun to go yarn shopping together
Old 12-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
mommydearest
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Jaxhil View Post
Y'all are so lucky!

My husband said he would learn if we ever move to Alaska.

Hmmm..I don't see that happening anytime soon
too bad, it would be sooo fun to go yarn shopping together
I wouldn't mind a trip to Alaska - maybe someday in the next ???

I'll have to take dh with me sometime yarn shopping and see what happens. He may get more ideas and want to buy more yarn than I do. I'll have to be careful.

Mary

FO's: Lots of dishcloths, beanies, bandanas, Easy Lace Scarf, Christmas Stockings - mini and regular sizes, Central Park Hoody, Scarf & Hat set, an American Flag Table Runner, Chenille Pillow cover

frogged: Log Cabin Stashghan - I'll try again but in different colors.

I'm jamn2knit @
http://www.ravelry.com/people/jamn2knit
mommydearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
cindycactus
Turning the Heel

My dh is very impatient so he wants nothing to do with knitting or using a computer. Now if it is mechanical or wood work he is interested. Oh well!!! I will just keep on knitting myself.
cindycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #17
Sissy
1st Leg of the Journey

Thats so great! We need more men knitters.I enjoy seeing men knit, most of them can out knit me , course thats not hard,LOL!
Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote