Old 12-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Thank you Mary Glynn! And thank you for updating us on your sister. I'm glad she is cancer free now! Yay!!

Part of the reason that my MIL and I don't talk is because she is mentally ill. She refuses to accept it. She is mean, backstabbing and lies. She is very manipulative and I just couldn't handle her "issues" anymore. She used to call up and say the most hateful things about me and HER SON! I finally just had to distance myself from her and that meant changing our phone number and asking BIL's not to give her our new number. It was a very hard decision to do, but it was that or deal with her daily doses of hate. I know it isn't her fault, but it didn't make it any easier to listen to.

It's my hope that she finds peace during this time.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Wow Knitncook, I am very impressed by your genorosity! I am not sure I could look at things the same way you do. You have really touch my heart. I have a hard time forgiving some people in my life and seeing you write that you care for her simply because she is your DH's mother shows what good heart you have.

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

It sounds like you have well-managed an unmanageable situation, and kudos to you!!! Very difficult to be in that position, and sometimes we have to protect ourselves when from the outside, that looks selfish. But if you don't (protect yourself) then you won't be any good to all of the other people in your life, and that's no good either. Least of all evils. . . So good for you, and even more impressive that you are going to knit for this woman! That's real generosity, and I hope if I'm in your shoes one day, I can be just as giving.
And one more note about the wool issue-- I looked up on a number of sites about chemo caps and they are mostly all adament about using NO animal fibre whatsoever. Some people will be okay with it, but most won't. Bamboo is great, and breathable, which is also very important.
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
WOW
Good on you for your ability to do good for her
I gave a wonderful fmily fried a Oddessa out of malabrigo, she LOVES it, and was seen wearing it no stop for weeks, I even bumped into her at the town office and she was wearing it and she LOVES it. She did not comment about the fibers, but she did have a problem with the nubbiness of the purl side.
she has a terrycoth underhat she wears to help with that

ecb
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #15
hainangel2000
1st Leg of the Journey

You being the bigger person sounds to me like your a wonderful loving person! Thank you that you are not acting like she is and are willing to give even when its not what the person always deserves. You doing the right thing is the right thing! Your touching lives by your generosity! Proud of you
Mary
Craft Forum: http://haincraftforum.org
Bereavement Forum: http://haincomfortforum.org
My Home: http://rockypointschool-homestead.blogspot.com/
hainangel2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
nstssj
Ribbing the Cuff

I knitted two hats for myself a couple of years ago and found the angora to be the softest and lightest--I forgot I was wearing it after awhile, and even under the best circumstances, i.e., with regular hair, I'm sensitive to having stuff on my head. I also used, because it was, um, inexpensive, Simply Soft, which I got at Michael's. That wasn't bad, and it held up great in the wash.

What a wonderful thing you're doing for your MIL; and for your husband too, who is probably overwhelmed as well.

Nostromowww.nastassjamills.blogspot.com
nstssj is offline   Reply With Quote