I'm embracing my thriftiness right now. I'm making some argyle socks and do not own any bobbins, so I rigged some up out of index cards. Yay me. They even have a little slit to place the end into.
----------------------- -On the Needles:
1. Simply Ginny Socks (1 complete)
2. Classic Wool Socks (1 complete)
3. Stag Bag (on the back...don't want to do the st st)
4. Five Easy Cables Blanket (1 of 8 skeins used) -On the Hook:
1. Mantilla Lace Doily (I forgot where I am on this)
I always made mine out of the thin cardboard from cereal/etc boxes.. also used the slit to keep my yarn from coming undone until I wanted it to.
__________________ http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.com/ *Check it out!!! Lots of photos
*It's all about: The Life and adventues of an American living overseas who finds time to knit every now and then.
Updated almost daily.. honest! I'm moving to Germany this summer! My name on Ravelry is: iwouldratherknit