Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
hippodamia
Ribbing the Cuff

Help me select a scarf pattern for my Manos yarn!
Hello!
I haven't been on here in quite some time, nor have I knitted in about 2 years (gasp!!!). I spotted this yarn shop yesterday and was compelled to go in and picked up 2 skeins of Manos #43

I plan to make a scarf, figuring it was something I could squeeze in before Christmas and I was thinking either this pattern: http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/sc...arf-scarf.html or of course the My So Called Scarf pattern: http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposi...es/000079.html
Any suggestions? I've never knitted with this yarn before and haven't knitted in a while, so I don't know is that will come into play as far as the ease of either pattern (ok, just the my so called scarf pattern).
Help me pick!!!! :D (or suggest something else!!)
Thank you!
Jen
hippodamia is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
photolady

First one.

btw, what's so wonderful about mano yarn? I've never heard of it, until this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hippodamia (12-17-2007)
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
hippodamia
Ribbing the Cuff

I actually didn't realize it was so popular until after I bought it and started looking up patterns online LOL
It's 100% wool, beautiful rich colors and very soft. I guess a lot of stuff out there may describe that, but the yarn is just so yummy looking in person!
hippodamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I just bought some Manos this weekend. Big mistake... now I WANT MORE. It is so yummy: the variations in color, the variations in thickness, the feel of it across your fingers as you knit.
Quite simply:

Malabrigo is wonderful too.

Oh, this is a lovely scarf pattern as well:
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archiv...pun_scarf.html

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote