Old 12-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
redwitch
Working the Gusset

Click here for definitions of difficulty levels.
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Wow, I've just realized I know more than I thought I did...lol...Still don't quite know what I'd really "classify" myself as; never really thought about it, and I've never been one to classify myself. I guess able would be the word...I know much, however, what more I need to know, I will learn

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #13
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

I try to ignore whatever category the designer puts on the pattern and first read through the pattern to see if I'm familiar with the techniques used.

What I really have a problem with is patterns being labeled 'Easy' or 'Quick' projects. These labels can be misleading. I think I'm an intermediate knitter but some of those 'easy' patterns aren't well written. Also, I'm not a speed knitter so a project labeled 'quick', 'fast', or '1-hour' may take me much, much longer.

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
clarkeee
Ribbing the Cuff

It's all what you make of it...
I just started knitting a year ago, but I think I'm more than a beginning knitter. Mason (above) indicated that difficulty levels don't really matter as long as you keep learning, and I would have to agree with that.

If you're wondering so you can figure out whether you can do a certain type of pattern, I've done patterns that I would consider above my difficulty level, and by doing them I learn new challenges and new techniques. I've also looked at some patterns and said to myself, "maybe sometime in the future, but I'm definitely not ready just now."

Also, I've learned a lot of different techniques on small practice swatches, but combining all of them into one big project is when you really prove your knitting prowess.
clarkeee is offline   Reply With Quote