Old 12-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you all for your input. It has relieved my fears and given me fantastic tips. The comic relief is a plus... my husband laughed at the prehensile toes comment!

I love this forum, this site, and the members. I am still consider myself a novice after 4 years and I am the only knitter I know. (The only knitting group is at a craft shop and costs $15 an hour!)

Thank you again.

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness. Albert Einstein

OTN: Baby blanket, baby mittens, discloth, washcloth
StefannyJo is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

I was diagnosed with arthritis when I was 14. I had it mostly in my knees. (This was 30+ years ago) It has slowly spread to my hips and now my ankles. My mother had it in her hands and one of the things that helped keep them limber was to knit. She had to watch how long she would knit and take frequent breaks and like Mason, took a pain reliever before taking up her needles.
If I had listened to what that doctor had told me then, I'd have been in a wheel chair for the last 17 years. I have found that if I use my joints (with in reason) I can do pretty much what I want. Please do not give up knitting, talk to your pt person and they can give you lots of exercises to help keep you out of pain.

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote