Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
iwfinley
Ribbing the Cuff

What Do You Want to Knit Now that the Holidays Are Over?
I don't know about anyone else, but now that Christmas (or whatever winter holiday you celebrate, I don't want to exclude anyone!!) is over, what do you want to knit? Are you knitting for yourself or for others? Did you get cool yarns/needles that you are dying to use???

As for me, to start the thread, I need to finish my son's Harry Potter scarf long neglected due to the holidays and then make his hat while it's still cold out and he's still at the age where he would actually wear it. My other son wants a scarf, too. I also have a baby blanket to make for oldest son's teacher who is due in March. I want to make a sweater for my dog and I have the yarn to make an OSU throw for my husband who is about the hugest Ohio State fan I've ever met and I graduated from there so I've met a few!!!

Happy New Year to All and Happy Knitting to You, too!!!

Planned Works: Baby Blankie for my other son's teacher, who is now expecting as well!

Hat and scarf for my 7 year old son, who is not a Harry Potter fan, so they will probably be in blue, his favorite color!

A "Posh Pooch" Sweater for my four legged baby, Ruby!!!!

A scarlet and grey "Ohio State" throw for my DH for Christmas.

I'm RubySue on Ravelry!!!
iwfinley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
CountryKitty
Knitting the Flap

I'm going to finish the clapotis scarf I started for myself, and then do 2 baby blankets for a couple of classmates who are expecting their first babies in march and april.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

I started a pair of fancy-cabled Scottish knee socks - intended for the County Fair next fall and [I hope!] destined for a blue ribbon - and will finish these up. They take a lot of attention, which is good because we had to put our little dachshund down yesterday and I need to hide in a difficult project for a while.

I also want to finish a pair of socks for my nephew's birthday.

Dot

PS - I also need to prepare for my class of beginning knitters, starts on Jan. 2! And get my website expanded greatly. And make a dvd for teaching non-knitters how to knit Continental-style.

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Sanibelle
Turning the Heel

I still have some things to make - I made felt clogs as gifts this year. My parents saw a picture of them the other day and now they each want a pair! I wore my "pidge" scarf to work and one of my friends wants one. And another friend gave me this huge carton of vintage knitting, needlepoint and crochet books - when I asked him how much - he said he just wanted me to make him a scarf. Then I have 2 birthdays next month so I am making scarves for both of them...and I usually knit something for my assistants for Valentine's Day!

I think by Jusy 4th I will be able to knit for me... oh no that is when I start Christmas knitting again!

It never ends and I do not even have a scarf for myself yet this year...

Sanibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Well I am almost finished with another beanie for myself, and then I need to get back to work on the Palindrome scarf I am making for a friend.

After that, who knows?

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
iwfinley
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by DorothyDot View Post
They take a lot of attention, which is good because we had to put our little dachshund down yesterday and I need to hide in a difficult project for a while.
Dot -- so sorry to hear about your dachshund. I just got a dog last year after losing one we loved dearly in 2004, it took a while for me to be ready to have another one. I just wanted to offer my condolences, that's so hard!!!!!

Planned Works: Baby Blankie for my other son's teacher, who is now expecting as well!

Hat and scarf for my 7 year old son, who is not a Harry Potter fan, so they will probably be in blue, his favorite color!

The Following User Says Thank You to iwfinley For This Useful Post:
DorothyDot (12-27-2007)
Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

Thank you. Yes, it is hard. But she had had severe seizures for almost a year - and Christmas, she seized almost non-stop. Horrible to see - but it made the Decision a no-brainer.

Oh yeah, she was also incontinent. I created a set of Doggie Piddle-Pants to keep her diapers on... took her like 3 days to figure how to get that diaper off without losing her piddle-pants. So much for that!

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
iwfinley
Ribbing the Cuff

I was lucky when our dog passed away that she just went naturally, in her sleep at home, but I understand about the medical issues -- she was diabetic and had thryoid problems so I was doing insulin shots and thyroid medicine daily for the last couple of years of her life. Good luck -- I hope your knitting can help your healing process!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
lostchyld
Ribbing the Cuff

I want to make socks and a pair of handwarmers I had an idea for. I'd also like to make a sweater, but I doubt that will happen this year.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
Mirl56
Instepping Out

I've got 2 pair of socks, each half done, that have been patiently waiting for Christmas knitting to be finished, so I need to get back to them. I received bamboo sock yarn as a gift, so I have to start at least one of them soon. And I got a pattern and linen to make a string bag so I need to start that soon. In fact, I need to search for some string bag pattersn as I want more of a solid bottom then the pattern that came with the yarn.

After all that, I'd like to make me a scarf. I need to test the cable pattern first, though, before I find some super-duper soft wool for the project. It will be summer before I get this started!!

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote