Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
cincyknitty
Casting On

Pattern troubles - Twinkle's Big City Knits Groovy Sweater
I love the groovy sweater dress from Twinkle's Big City Knits, but I can't understand the twist stitches: T2R & T2L. Any insight on these two stitches?
cincyknitty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I checked this book out at the library and noticed a mistake in the scarf pattern I was working on. I went to the publisher's website and there was a whole page of corrections for this book.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/pot...cityknits.html

Just thought you might want to check to make sure your sweater pattern was mistake-free.

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
cincyknitty (12-27-2007)
Old 12-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
candicane
Working the Gusset

I have made the Groovy Sweater Dress, but don't have the book in front of me right now.

In the section of the pattern requirements, it tells you how to execute those two stitches. It would have been nice if they had laid out that section a little nicer... some space between the lines would make it much easier to read and find info!

candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
cincyknitty
Casting On

Thanks for the quick response! When I read through the special stitches it says:

T2R - K next 2 stitches together, leaving stitches on needle, K 1st stitch again, Sl stitches off needle

question: what stitches are left on what needle - the 2 knitted together stay on the left needle?
then, do you knit the first of the 2 stitches again that was just knitted together?

T2L: K through back loop into 2nd ston left needle and leave st on needle, k2tog through back loops, Sl both st from needle

question: so the back loop means knit into the back of the second stitch? then leave stitch on which needle?

I've tried this multiple times and each time I end up with a knot...
cincyknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Quote:
question: what stitches are left on what needle - the 2 knitted together stay on the left needle?
then, do you knit the first of the 2 stitches again that was just knitted together?
Yes, then you take the knit sts off the left needle

Quote:
T2L: K through back loop into 2nd ston left needle and leave st on needle, k2tog through back loops, Sl both st from needle

question: so the back loop means knit into the back of the second stitch? then leave stitch on which needle?
Each st has a front and back `leg' usually called a loop, so knit into the back of the 2nd st, leave it on the left needle then knit the 1st and 2nd st together.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote