Old 12-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
NYcarrie
Ribbing the Cuff

Help with Vogue Holiday 2006 pattern. Anyone own this?
Hi,

I hope this is an okay question to ask here, and I hope the mods will delete it if it is not.

I'm a Vogue Knitting subscriber. Last Christmas, I made my sister the cover scarf on the Vogue 2006 holiday magazine. We're on a family vacation now, and my sister-in-law liked the scarf so much that she wants one of her own. Since I have a lot of free time at the moment, I decided to start it now, but I didn't bring the magazine with me.

This is not a free pattern, so I don't want anyone to post the whole thing, and I've made it before, so I mostly know what I need to do. I just can't remember how to transition from the garter stitch border to the first i-cord. If I can figure that out, the rest I can do from memory. It's just that one line I can't remember. I've checked the Vogue website, but this isn't one they put up.

Has anyone made this scarf before or looked at the pattern? I think it's something like K4, slip a bunch, slip a bunch more, K4 or something like that, but I think I'm missing something because it looks weird.

I have the magazine back home, so I guess I could wait until after New Year's to start. I was just hoping to get a jump on vacation knitting. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
NYcarrie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
With larger dpn, k4, slip 23 to a holder, sl 22 to a second holder, knit last 5 with larger dpn. You'll have 9 stitches.

next cord, knit 5 from stitch holder, slip 4 from end of second stitch holder and knit these 4 and work as for first icord.

Enough?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ingrid For This Useful Post:
NYcarrie (01-05-2008)
Old 12-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
NYcarrie
Ribbing the Cuff

That's all I needed. Thanks so much!
NYcarrie is offline   Reply With Quote