Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Craft Room Organization... Cheaply?
Okay, I've been slowly taking over DH's office and now my craft stuff is EVERYWHERE. He's given me the green light to organize my stuff. The problem is - I want my organizers to be functional, but attractive and definitely affordable. I am working on a tight budget. Any suggestions or pics of your craft areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
dmknits
Turning the Heel

Hmm, I have one set of plastic drawers which are functional, though not quite attractive, unless you compare it to having knitting supplies lying around everywhere.

Then I have a couple of WalMart bags for storage, which are functional, affordable, and in the closet with the closet doors neatly closed to make them attractive.

dmknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Cristy
Instepping Out

I don't know what you consider affordable nor do I know how handy you are...but....

I am in love with the Elfa systems from The Container Storeand right now they are having a 30% off sale. Just yesterday I purchased a system for our coat closet (it's a knitting closet ). Basically, it's a self assembled cart with pull drawers. You can choose the number and depth of the drawers and you can build the cart in varying widths. Hereis a picture of the one I bought and assembled. They come in moveable systems (like the one I bought) and they can also be mounted to walls, etc. Take a look around at the site and see if you can't figure it out. Some look a little nicer than the one I purchased but they weren't in my budget. :(

I've also used rubbermade pull drawer systems too and they are a little less expensive.

My dream (when we complete our basement) is to have my own room that looks like a mini yarn store. For now--I have to make the elfa systems work.

Last edited by Cristy : 12-30-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typos
Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote