Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Lady M
1st Leg of the Journey

On Hold Until Later Date- EZ PI Shawl With Yarn From Your Stash
This Kal is on hold until a later date. My Mother is under the weather and I am having to help her with my neice. Thank you for understanding.
Louann

I was talking to other “Stashies” on the “ 2008 Year Of The Stash” thread and we decided to start a KAL for The EZ Pi Shawl from Elizabeth Zimmerman’s book , The Knitters Almanac, made from yarn that we already have in our stash. The pattern is called the PI Shawl and can be found on page 71 in the book and you can find the book at most online book stores or retailers for about 8 bucks.

This beautiful shawl can be knit from any lace weight, fingering weight or DK weight yarn. It is so versatile that you can even make the center using a light colored yarn and graduate to a darker yarn for the border.

I would love to knit the EZ PI Shawl, while knitting along with others. We will take our time, as this can be a large project and some of us work or have other projects on the needles. It is a great time to knit a light airy project during the hot summer months and when the fall comes, we will have a beautiful shawl to cover our shoulders on those chilly nights before winter sets in. We will be discussing things that we get stuck on and post pictures of our progress as the shawl grows on our needles.

If you are interested in knitting this classic shawl with us, we would be honored to Knit-Along with you while we bust some of our stash yarns and create a beautiful lace shawl at the same time.

Posted below are two pictures of the shawl, from EZ’s book, so that you can see what it looks like. Their are two different versions, One version is a plan easy knit and the other version steps it up a notch with more of a lacier look. Both versions are absolutely beautiful and you may even consider doing both. Either version, in my opinion, would be a fascinating knit because we are knitting in the company of each other.

I hope that everyone who is interested in this Stash-Busting KAL, finds a version that they like. Lets take the next week to get our book and dig out our yarn, because we will be starting soon.

The Plain Version

The Lacier Version

Last edited by Lady M : 04-04-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Lady M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady M For This Useful Post:
Yarnmouse (03-13-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Yarnmouse
Casting On

[quote=Lady M;1079405]I was talking to other “Stashies” on the “ 2008 Year Of The Stash” thread and we decided to start a KAL for The EZ Pi Shawl from Elizabeth Zimmerman’s book , The Knitters Almanac, made from yarn that we already have in our stash. The pattern is called the PI Shawl and can be found on page 71 in the book and you can find the book at most online book stores or retailers for about 8 bucks.

I hope that everyone who is interested in this Stash-Busting KAL, finds a version that they like. Lets take the next week to get our book and dig out our yarn, because we will be starting soon.

Woohoo!!! Now all I need to do is either find my copy of the book or bite the bullet and order another one. LOL! I know it's hiding around here somewhere, but it's doing such a good job that I can't find it anywhere. sigh.

Now, to dig through the stash and chose something for the KAL while I'm waiting for the pattern. What I would *really* love to do is make it out of Marble by James Brett, but I don't think I have enough in my stash to do the whole thing. :( Hmm... Do I break down and purchase more?!?!? Oh, dear...

Anybody know how much it would take to make one of these out of a DK weight yarn? TIA for any help there!

And Thank You for starting this KAL!!! I'm very excited about it.

FWIW, tomorrow is 3/14, the day of the Pi! An auspicious day to be starting this venture!
Yarnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Yarnmouse
Casting On

Okay, you aren't going to believe this! I was all set to order the book for this on Sunday evening. However, it still bugged me that I knew I had a copy *somewhere*. Sooo I decided to look for it one more time. And on my manga shelves, in the middle of a stack of books that were sitting on their side so I couldn't see the spine or the cover, I FOUND IT!!! Yay! So, now I have the book AND my Knitpicks Harmony needle set arrived on Friday so I have my needles. Now, about that yarn...

I plan on making the lacy version on the cover of Knitter's Almanac. However, I'm not sure I have a yarn that I want to use in sufficient quantity in my stash. I may have to resort to buying this one. However, I just fnished off a baby sweater, so I guess it could be my reward yarn, right? Doesn't matter that it's going to be about ten times more yarn, right? And I'm going to use it right away, so that makes it okay, right?

Today I'll be looking around at various stores to see if I can find the "right" yarn for this. I'm wondering if a color changing yarn would work. I'd love to use James Brett's Marble. It's one of my favorite yarns.

So, when are we going to start knitting this wonderful project?

EnjoY!
Yarnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
kgkrause
Casting On

EZ Pi Shawl
Has this KAL started yet or is it closed?

KKrause
kgkrause is offline   Reply With Quote