Old 01-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #101
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
Originally Posted by batregre View Post
I just found this tread and I am SO in! A lil bit o info. I have 2 broken feet.
Yikes! I'm sorry, but we're happy to have you!!

As far as my update goes: I had another good day yesterday. I got in my yoga and my dog walk, ate a salad, had a high fiber breakfast, drank lots of water, etc. And I made a really yummy chicken curry for dinner last night. Only problem is I think I still smell like coriander and turmeric Buying spices can be expensive, but once I buy them I've got them in my cupboard for future adventures.

And here's a major non-scale victory for this morning: Today is free bagels and donuts day at work. The cafeteria is filled with Dunkin Donuts bagels, cream cheese and donuts (and this happens EVERY WEDNESDAY!). Guess what I'm eating? Hot oat groats and an apple! Woo!

It's kind of liberating to realize "Hey, just cuz there's free food there doesn't mean I have to eat it!"

Happy Wednesday everyone.

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HamaLee For This Useful Post:
batregre (01-09-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #102
JamOKnit
Knitting the Flap

Happy Wednesday!
Yesterday was tough. I managed 2 bottles of water and ate a ham sandwich on whole wheat (gotta get those whole grains) for lunch with an apple...no snacking all day long. But hubby had an awful day at work yesterday and so at home we ended up making grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner and not doing any exercise. Will be better today hopefully. No knitting yesterday either. Boo!

I'm JamOKnit on Ravelry.
JamOKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #103
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Good Morning and happy Wednesday! Batregre that sounds awful but being able to knit six hours a day sounds great.
Way to go Hama! I am not sure I could have been so strong!
Hope today goes better for you Jamoknit. I hate when life gets in the way of our trying to do something good for ourselves!
Yesterday was my first day on WW and I am pretty happy with how it went. I drank a lot of water got all of my fruits and veggies in, and stayed on points. I got quite a bit of knitting in while I watched the Biggest Loser. I was able to complete another 3 inches or so on my brothers never ending scarf. If this keeps up I might actually finish it while it's still cold out! I only have 15 more inches to go. The best part was I normally snack while watching tv but the knitting kept my mind off of food. I really need to get back into exercising so I am going to do a workout video this afternoon when I get home from school.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog

Last edited by HollyP : 01-09-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
batregre (01-09-2008)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #104
DQ
Working the Gusset

Batregre you poor thing!

I had a bad day yesterday food and exercise wise but I've been very good today so far (apart from one little chocolate). I've found a programme on Sky Sports called 'Aerobics Oz Style' so I recorded a couple and tried them out. They're quite good! Nice to have another thing to add in to my exercise choices.

everyone!
batregre (01-09-2008)
Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #105
Liliyarn
Turning the Heel

Yesterday I chose the right foods, I just indulged in them a bit too much. Other than that I did great. Got in a good mile walk and met all my other daily goals.
Today is also off to great start. I'm about to do an hour of walking/jogging.

I have a premontion that the scale will not budge again this week. Phooey on it. I'm still gonna win. I am definitely enjoying this new healthier life style and finally squeezing in some work outs despite my work hours.
Liliyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #106
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
Hooray to Lilliyarn and everyone else! I'm feeling good about my changes too, thus far. It's tough to get 25-35 grams of fiber in ever day! That's been an entertaining challenge for me and I'm discovering new foods.

I need to remember to take my measurements so I can track those, and I may pick up a scale after work on Friday so I can have one consistent device that tracks my weight.

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #107
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Great job everyone on all of the healthy changes!! I've done well the past few days with my water intake and trying to choose more fruits and veggies. (I even had broccoli in my scrambled eggs yesterday morning...I thought my DH was going to ) Today I chose applesauce over the french fries at lunch, and ate the tomato on my sandwich instead of picking it off, and I hate tomatos! Tonight I have a date with the treadmill.

Knitting wise~I'm almost done with my swap partner's project and I knit for 20 min on the baby afghan. Once the partner gift is done, I'll finish up my DD's socks.

Congrats to everyone for keeping at it and making the small changes!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #108
scout52
Working the Gusset

I just want to congratulation and encourage you all for doing a great job.

I had gained weight when i went on a month and a half business trip. Eating out for 3 meals a day can do that. its amazing how fast it goes on and how long it takes to take it off. i did budokon to take it off. its yoga and martial arts put together. so you get the flexibilty of yoga with the cardio burning of martial arts.

http://www.amazon.com/Cameron-Shayne...9908142&sr=1-1

I did and still do 1500 calories a day with no more than 15 grams a fat a day. I eat whatever I want as long as i don't go over the calories or fat grams. I could never give up bread or chocolate cake. if i want cake i just make sure i don't eat fat elsewhere.

I usually have oatmeal for breakfast, and a lean cuisine for lunch (its just easier at work (they order lunches for us here from 5 different restaurants including my favorite chinese food place. its just too tempting) and I'll make whatever I want for dinner and have a dessert.

I was able to get back down to my normal weight in about 4 months. Can you believe i put the weight on in a month and a half and it took 4 to come off? I've maintained now for about 1 year.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #109
primaknittermom
Casting On

edited

Last edited by primaknittermom : 01-10-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: personal
primaknittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #110
DQ
Working the Gusset

Ooh, I've been naughty...I had a nice healthy dinner (lots of veggies) but I really wanted something sweet after so I had a bowl of breakfast cereal (honey puffs). I just keep telling myself it's not as bad as having a bowl of ice cream or something