Old 01-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
xwdpuzzler
Casting On

Pattern for a Skirt
Hi, I am new to knitting and new to this forum, even though I have used the videos, which are great to understand stitches.

I have asked this question on another forum but I am looking for additional suggestion in order to either find a pattern or to go about making a pattern.

I am looking for a pattern or suggestion on a skirt, but the skirt is not the main garment it is an over the skirt knitted skirt that can be coordinated with a top but a floral or patterned skirt can go under the knitted one.

Someone suggested crocheted dolies on a grander scale, but I wanted to see if there maybe some more suggestion on there.

I saw the garment in a movie, but I have been unable to obtain a picture where the character is wearing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debbie R
xwdpuzzler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
Mirl56
Instepping Out

What's the movie? Maybe someone will remember it, too. That could help find something similar.

Does sound like crochet would be your best bet.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
xwdpuzzler
Casting On

The movie is "Yours, Mine and Ours" from 2005. There is a scene in the movie were she is talking to her husband and she is getting ready for bed and takes of a kind of lacy, I call, an over skirt. it is black and the bottom skirt shows through.

Thanks
xwdpuzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
astonh
Turning the Heel

I know the scene and the "over skirt" of which you speak. I've not seen a pattern, that I recall, for something like that BUT will holler should I come across something that MIGHT work for you. What she wore looks like it was crocheted rather than knit.

While not like Russo's in the movie, something perhaps along these lines?

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=97024

This one appears to be more along the correct style of what Russo wore. Note that this one is crochet.

http://www.crochetme.com/jolly-rancher

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astonh For This Useful Post:
tarrentella (01-08-2008)