Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
I'm in.

1. Going to finish off a pair of socks i started a YEAR ago. Yes you heard me a year ago. I suffered from some SSS on tis pair.

2. going to knit, block, sew seams and add buttons to my second sweater and have it done by Jan 31st.

3. Use up the yarn I got for christmas BEFORE I go buy more. you would be amazed at how far $100 goes expecially when stuff is on sale.

4. finish my entralac scarf and get it blovked to be worn before it get warma again.

I'm sure I can stick to this some what reasonable list of things. I've also got 2 crochet projects that need to get done before Feb.16th but I'm making good time on those.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

KnittinMitchie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
OK I`m in too...

1. Finish that last 7 foot scarf for my DD. It is half done right now.

2. Now that I have all the supplies and Silver`s cute little knitting bag ready, I want to learn to knit socks. My goal was to learn to knit in the round in 2008.

3. Finish the Cameo Shell Stitch Shawl I CO the last day of 2007., which was part of my swap package from my wonderful swapper. This may or may not get finished, depending on how I do on that last scarf I am procrastinating on.

4. I now have two more people wanting scarfs but I am not sure if I will get to them this month or not. I have the yarn in my stash for one of them. I highly doubt I`ll get these done in January though, because I am soooo sick of scarves right now!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Braden
Instepping Out

Wow! Good luck to everybody!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #14
annomalley
Knitting the Flap

I'm in on this one, too.
  1. Knit from my Stash-Which I've already started. I'm working on a winter hat from some yarn in my stash.
  2. Have no more than 4 WIPs at a time (including quick instant gratification projects). I have to have more than one thing going for the times I get bored with one project, but I'm getting dangerously close to always wanting to start new things when the old things are not finished, so I need to set a limit on how many things I have going on the needles at once and not start new ones until I've finished the old ones.
  3. Learn to Knit 2 Socks at the same time. To avoid SSS. I've come close to that myself.
  4. Learn to Knit a toe up sock with a gusset heel. I found a pattern, so it can be done, and I just have to pick it apart and do the math to make work with my yarn and gauge.
  5. Learn to knit lace.
  6. Learn Magic Loop.
  7. Learn Fair Isle/Stranded Knitting.
  8. Knit more sweaters.
Ramona from Sensual Knits

FO:
Several dishcloths

annomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #15
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
1. knit from stash
2. knit 4 shawls (i need to have these done as gifts for January 2009 when we meet up with the tribe to celebrate yule)
3. knit at least ONE THING for myself! (I'm really bad about this... i never even crocheted anything for myself and i knew how for 18 years!)
Old 01-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #16
Marni
Knitting the Flap

Finishing last year's projects is a great way to start the new year. I currently have 2 knit projects OTN:

Clogs for my DH - Nearly finished.
Dog Sweater for my friend's dog Buddy - This is more challenging.

Non-knitting items include the crochet jacket for me - Really just have to learn to pick up stitches for the sleeves then I'll be on my way again. And there's the pile of material I've been collecting for some sewing projects.

In 2008 I'd like to
  1. 1. Use more stash yarn
  2. 2. Buy yarn only for specific projects and actually do them
  3. 3. Knit more from patterns (see #4)
  4. 4. Learn to read those crazy looking X, /, ^ patterns
  5. 5. Knit a pair of socks
I'm sure it can be done! Unfortunately I spend too much time looking at what others are making!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
anastaciaknits
Casting On

more EZ
Mine are very simple:

Knit more Elizabeth Zimmermann. I've knitted up her EPS sweater, and several Baby Surprise Sweaters, and one of her afghans, and I think that's it. Considering how much I adore her (and randomly quote her to knitters & non-knitters alike), it's time I make more EZ! I'm working an adult Surprise Sweater right now, I'm planning a second EPS sweater, and I'm planning a kangaroo sweater. I also want to do some of her hats, socks, and mittens, and we'll see what else falls off of my needles!

My other half of my plan is to try to keep only 2 or 3 current WIPs on th eneedles. I started this last year, and did OK half the year, and horrible the other half. My stress level is much better when I only have a few projects on the needles! I ignore UFOs, cause they are, you know, UFOs, and only count projects I'm actively thinking or working on.
anastaciaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #18
misha rf

This sounds like a great idea!

1. Finish or frog current projects before starting anything else.

2. Knit from stash, and only from stash, unless it's for a charity project & I don't have the yarn.

3. See how well that Knitting Pattern Generator works. One way or the other, I've got some ideas kicking around in my head, and I'd like to see them in yarn! (But not til the UFOs are done!)

4. Limit projects to one portable one, and no more than 2 at the knitting chair.

5. Keep the knitting area tidy!! Put stuff away so that it stops spilling over and I can find things when I need them. Hmmm...maybe this needs to be #1!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
NYcarrie
Ribbing the Cuff

Great idea.

1. Finish scarf I've been working on for more than a year before I start any other major projects.
2. Stashbust by knitting potholders. I need them badly. I have the yarn. I just never seem to get around to it.
3. Switch to continental knitting only. I learned how a few years ago but only really did basic stitches and never learned how to do do yarn overs and stuff like that. I need to practice a variety of stitches until I can use it exclusively.
4. Knit some each day. Even if it's only 15 minutes before I go to bed. It's the only way to get things done!
NYcarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
mom2hancj
Ribbing the Cuff

I have worked on a few of my goals. I casted on for my first sweater...which will be a gift for my niece's birthday. And I researched sock patterns and found one I am going to try. I need to wind the yarn and then cast on probably at the end of the month when the sweater is done.

OTN: dress for a friend's little girl, playfood

In Line: shorties for a trade, fruits and veggies for a swap, stuff to stock on my store, and then sweater for dd

mom2hancj is offline   Reply With Quote