Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #41
boo1
Turning the Heel

Mine:
1. Stop buying yarn!!!!! (This one is going to kill me. I have no willpower and I just fall in love with so many.....)

2. Keep the number of WIPs to 3 at a time. One will be mindless, for those times when I need to knit, but too tired to concentrate.

3. Learn to knit socks.

4. Make something wearable.

5. Learn Magic Loop

6. Watch the knitting DVDs that I bought!

7. Get rid of the old acrylic yarn that I will probaby never use.

8. Quit being afraid to try something new. It's YARN. What's the worst thing that can happen? I frog. Maybe learn something. The best thing? I learn!

boo1
boo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #42
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

What fun! I'll play along....

1. Actually KNIT! It has taken me over a year and I am still not finished with DS's scarf. While I'm at it, I could also CROCHET and finish that blanket I started six years ago.

2. Work through the patterns in my little 26 pattern book that I keep in my "yarn bag".

3. Become more confident with casting on. So far, my least favorite thing is starting a new project (which is why I don't have many projects started. lol)

That's really all for now, since I'm still a "new" knitter. I would also like to learn to read crochet patterns -- I can crochet but I don't know what I'm doing and I'm limited to a couple of patterns -- but I think I want to just tackle one craft at a time.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #43
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm working on my mittens this morning. I will post the finished item later.

WshUpnASta on Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/WshUpnASta
Deb in Maine

http://makingtimetoknit.blogspot.com/
WshUpnASta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 AM   #44
evona
Working the Gusset

OK - I am a newbie so my resolutions are simple:

1 - LEARN!! Learn lots of stuff - how to cable, how to knit a sweater, how to use dpns, I think I get the jist of using circular needles but I haven't tried yet, so that is on my to learn as well.

2 - Start and finish a project using circular needles

3 - Build up a stash - everyone wants to get rid of their stash this year and I'm just the opposite. I am aspiring toward next years "use up my stash" resolution. Although I did just go way over my budget on yarn and knitting supplies tonight. Thankfully I came home to an unexpected check that just about covered it!
evona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #45
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
Originally Posted by WandaT View Post
OK, I'm in ...

1. Knit more from stash
2. Learn lace knitting
3. Learn to make socks

I"m sure there's more - I'll add to it as I think of things.
Woohoo!! I'm on #3!! I cast on my first pair of socks yesterday! A friend is showing me how to do 2 at a time on Magic Loop! I've got about an inch done so far. :D

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #46
KnittingNoob
Casting On

Okay, here goes, I'm a beginner so i have a lot to get done!
1) Get rid of the acrylic yarn I'm never going to use now (have just fallen in love with wool blends and wool (especially malabrigo!))
2) Get up the courage to knit a sweater
3) knit 2 socks on one long circular
4) only have 3 WIPs at a time
5) finish the accursed 8' scarf! (I'll never start one like THAT again!)
6) try stranded knitting
7) knit all of my christmas gifts for the family for '08 (have the yarn and the patterns, just can't procrastinate, haha)
KnittingNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #47
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

The mittens are done and show on my blog. I am working on a Baby Surprise Jacket now.

WshUpnASta on Ravelry
Deb in Maine

Old 01-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #48
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I'm not going to get all the things done that I listed. The scarf is finished for my FIL, the shawl has only 23 rows left and then it will be done. I have to make something for my SIL, so I am knitting up a simple paperback book cover with bookmark out of cotton. That is about all I am going to get done this month. I DID try to knit in the round and it did not go well, so I gave up for the time being in order to finish the other things I had on my list. I intend to come back to that next week. That's my update!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #49
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm on row 29 of the baby surprise jacket, its looking pretty fun at this point.

WshUpnASta on Ravelry
Deb in Maine

Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #50
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post

1. Actually KNIT! It has taken me over a year and I am still not finished with DS's scarf. While I'm at it, I could also CROCHET and finish that blanket I started six years ago.

2. Work through the patterns in my little 26 pattern book that I keep in my "yarn bag".

3. Become more confident with casting on. So far, my least favorite thing is starting a new project (which is why I don't have many projects started. lol)

Progress report:

1. DS's scarf is done, with fringes, washed and he's been wearing it to school for the last two weeks. I also put an edge on my dishcloth, so those are two projects done!

I have also started knitting for about a 1/2 hour to hour every night. I've started a scarf for DD that is the same design and yarn as DS's, just a different color. I expect this one will take less than 13 months to complete.

2. Started pattern #1 -- Mesh stitch, on circular needles even. (And I really love the circulars -- no long sticks poking out everywhere! )

3. I'm getting better at casting on. I really like the long tail cast on and it is in the little book I keep in my yarn bag and really easy to grab and reference when I start. Hopefully soon I'll be casting on all by myself.

I'm going to add a couple more, since I'm doing so well with my initial ones (I really thought I'd struggle with #1 but it's been surprisingly easy.)

4. Try socks. On circs. Maybe 2 at a time.

5. Join a KAL.

6. Start a crafting journal/blog.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote