Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

Opal Handpainted Question -- answer included
Hi, I've had some of this gorgeous yarn for a few months now (bought on Ebay if I remember correctly), planning on making myself some socks with it. But since the label is all in German and I don't have a clue what it says, I have a small question, hoping somebody here will be able to help me.

What I'm wondering is if there are dye lots of this yarn. I'm on Ravelry and I've looked at other people's stashes; some of them are clearly the same color (#20) as mine, but I can't see on the label any info about separate dye lots and haven't been able to find info on the web. I did check Yarndex but it didn't seem to be there.

ETA: Oops! I did a bit more digging and found the answer. To quote: "Each skein may have slight variations, thus creating a 'one-of-a-kind' skein within each collection." This is from ptyarn.com.

Thanks anyway, maybe this will help someone else!

Christine

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

Last edited by cristina61 : 01-21-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Answered my own question!
cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Cristina, the owner of my LYS says that Opal does have dye lots. I wanted to buy enough to make my DGD a pair of socks to match my husbands, but that dye lot (according to her) is no longer available. I did look online, and couldn't find any.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

Was that the Opal Handpainted Sock and Sweateryarn?

I'd like to believe the LYS owner knows what she's talking about, but I can't find anything about dye lots anywhere, including Opal's own web site.

I'm sorry you weren't able to find your yarn; if you're on Ravelry you might try looking through the yarn stashes to see if anyone has it and is willing to trade or sell.

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

ill keep an eye out for it
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:26 AM   #5
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Quote:
I'd like to believe the LYS owner knows what she's talking about, but I can't find anything about dye lots anywhere, including Opal's own web site.
She may not, she didn't know about Malabrigo until I told her about it. However,she does sell a lot of Opal.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote