Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
lost free interweave sock pattern - help!
hi there!

interweave had a toe-up sock pattern a while back, probably last year, that were "flip flop" socks, with the separate big toe. they were designed either by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts or Ann Budd, if I'm not mistaken, and they were a free pattern on their website for subscribers to Interweave, which I was at the time. I downloaded it, but formatted my computer and lost it and I REALLY need it now! I know there is one like this at Knitty, but I really need to see the construction of this other pair. Anyone have it?

Thanks so much!!!!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Mirl56
Instepping Out

http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepat...skilllevel=all

DId you check the knitting daily free patterns yet?

I didn't see a toe sock in the interweave knits free patterns.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
boyforpele13 (01-22-2008)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
right, it's not there anymore. this was a long time ago, and it was one where you had to sign into the interweave site using the password given from your subscription and it was available for free there. thanks!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Mirl56
Instepping Out

yes, I remember those days! I print out almost every sock pattern I see, but I don't have any toe socks. I definitely wouldn't have saved a toe-up pattern with a separate big toe - just thinking about it is giving me a headache!

Good Luck in your search - surely someone will have it.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Heritage yarn has a pattern for the toe up sock with separate big toe. It is a PDF file and cost $5 but it may get you where you are going.

http://www.heritageyarns.com/toe-up-sock-patterns.htm

It is at the bottom of the page.
cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

actually, i really just need to see the construction of the sock, i don't need the pattern. i've been asked to write a sock pattern for a book and that was my big idea, but I think the method I was considering is the one used in that pattern and I don't want to copy it, so wanted to take a peek at it before I got started. I wrote a couple friends who I think have it and I think I'll write IK too.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

i found it, but they're still saying "subscriber only" and i am no longer a subscriber. :(

it's the last pattern at the bottom: http://www.interweaveknits.com/preview/2006_fall.asp

i e-mailed them to see if they'd let me download it again.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
bethany
Turning the Heel

someone just posted looking for these too...http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=74256

there are some links there too

OTN: Old Shale Lace Triangle
OTH: blanket
FO: 3 pairs Pocketbook slippers, Kickline socks, baby cloths, 007 monkey, market bag, Ocean socks, chemo cap, 12 Stitch-It! blankets, 9 Charity Oddball baby blankets

: Bethanyg

bethany is offline   Reply With Quote