Old 01-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
starburst
Knitting the Flap

That's what I've heard too. I read an interview that he had done recently where he talked about not being able to sleep and having to take more than one sleeping pill to help him go out.

I feel horrible for his daughter--that has to be one of the worst ways to grow up.

My friends and I are getting together to watch Ten Things this weekend in memorial.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #22
starburst
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by miccisue View Post
Don't get me wrong, it is horribly sad....but on the other hand, I get the same kind of feeling I did when John Belushi OD'd. I wanted to grab him by the shirt, shake him, and scream "what the he** are you doing? You've got everything - people who really, truly, love you, money to be comfortable and not have to worry about where your next house payment is coming from, the ability to pick and choose what film you want to do.....and you pi** your life away on drugs?" It's just such a stupid, stupid, waste...............
Belushi was one of the first people I thought of when I heard. John had so much potential. He was really going somewhere and people were taking note and then...nothing. It seems like so many people get thrust into the limelight and they burnout so quickly. John Belushi, Chris Farley, Mitch Hedberg, Kurt Cobain, I mean, the list goes on and on. You just want to grab them all and tell them that from their point of view it might be "better to burn out than fade away," but burning out leaves a lot of people behind who are hurt and confused.

For all we know so far, Heath just had an accident. For all we know, he didn't mean to take too many of whatever he took, but it still leaves the same disastrous wake.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #23
dalisn28
Ribbing the Cuff

[quote=starburst;1048302] Belushi was one of the first people I thought of when I heard. John had so much potential. He was really going somewhere and people were taking note and then...nothing. It seems like so many people get thrust into the limelight and they burnout so quickly. John Belushi, Chris Farley, Mitch Hedberg, Kurt Cobain, I mean, the list goes on and on. You just want to grab them all and tell them that from their point of view it might be "better to burn out than fade away," but burning out leaves a lot of people behind who are hurt and confused.
QUOTE]

After saying OMG!! the first person I thought about was River Phoenix. I just loved him and was so sad to learn of his passing. All I could say was "what a waste" not just of a talent, but of a great person. My heart goes out to Matilda and Michelle, for although they weren't together anymore, I'm sure she still loved him.

Dalisn28
dalisn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #24
CountryKitty
Knitting the Flap

For his little girl's sake I do hope it was just an accident. Even adults have difficulty understanding the suicide of a loved one.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #25
miccisue
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by starburst View Post
Belushi was one of the first people I thought of when I heard. John had so much potential. He was really going somewhere and people were taking note and then...nothing. It seems like so many people get thrust into the limelight and they burnout so quickly. John Belushi, Chris Farley, Mitch Hedberg, Kurt Cobain, I mean, the list goes on and on. You just want to grab them all and tell them that from their point of view it might be "better to burn out than fade away," but burning out leaves a lot of people behind who are hurt and confused.

For all we know so far, Heath just had an accident. For all we know, he didn't mean to take too many of whatever he took, but it still leaves the same disastrous wake.
What to me was so confusing with Belushi was the fact that he did, in fact, have the devotion of so many people. Not just the fans, the people who just wanted to hang around with him, but true, honest, loving relationships. His wife stuck with him through everything - from high school on. Dan Ackroyd loved him like a brother. It wasn't as though he was totally isolated and went home to an empty house and empty life when the cameras went off. I've read the Belushi books, and John was very generous with his family, who he adored. It was just so stupid that he couldn't leave the "cheap thrills" alone.....I still miss him.
miccisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #26
Nobones
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to Nobones
I saw this last night and was very saddened by this. He was the same age as me. I have been a fan of his for a long time. 'The Brother's Grimm' is my top 3 fav films.

Only heard about the sleeping pills thing today and to be honest it's freaked me out. I take sleeping pills, if I don't take them I don't sleep it's that simple. I've been taking for about 4 years now. But I have on occasion taken my 1 pill (as it states on the box) and a couple of hours later been awake (although so horrible tired) and taken a half of another, and then a little while later half again. I've only ever taken 2 1/2, I DO KNOW I shouldn't but sometimes I'm so tired I'll do anything to get to sleep. I'm going to make more of an effort NOT to do this.

Guess it takes a shock like this to learn something.

My dress & costume making website-
www.gothwardian.co.uk

'Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work'. -Aristotle

Nobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #27
msoebel
Turning the Heel

I think this whole things is very sad. I am not a celebrity watcher by any means, but I always find so shocking when a vibrant life is cut down so early.

It appears to be an accidental overdose at this time of sleeping pills. He had been taking them for months, after being unable to sleep while working on the next Batman movie. He said that his role as the Joker was so demonic at times that he couldn't get the images out of his head.

This is such a tragedy...his 2 year old dd will only know him from his films now.

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #28
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
I really loved his work, what a loss and what a terrible blow for his family.

I too think it's accidental. I was caretaker for my grandmother for 4 years and I discovered when I moved in with her, that she used to take more than one sleeping pill each night. I ended up taking them away and rationing them out each night.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #29
Cherinec5
1st Leg of the Journey

i was so shocked yesterday when i seen the headline after opening msn. i still can't beleive it. he was a wonderful actor and i loved him in all his films! i feel so sad for his daughter and michelle because even though they broke up some feelings never go away.
RIP
Cherinec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #30
Lucy78green
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Lucy78green Send a message via MSN to Lucy78green
Cnn website said autopsy was inconclusive, we'll probably never know what really happened