Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #31
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

I'm actually a little sick from this, been lying down a lot last night and today. This beautiful fellow was my favorite actor and when the Academy board chose to ignore his brilliant creation in Brokeback, I was so angry I decided never to watch the awards again.

I believe a performance of that caliber has not been created in the past I dunno, 10 or 20 years. Truly.

I also believe he cannot be compared to John Belushi in any sense. Belushi was known to party and take drugs and lead a very wild life for many years. Heath has been out and about down in Soho these last months at various bars, but it's been stated how polite and well-mannered he was, not crazy, not drunk, not on drugs.
I have the feeling this is something of a youth thing, the anxiety of performing maybe, or living up to a reputation. Or maybe yeah, just the crazy stuff related to Batman and that character.
He also was suffering from anxiety it's been said.

I've never taken a sleeping pill! I guess I'd rather sit up at night and read some stupid (or good) book than rely on pills. My family is hooked on various pills and it's such a shame.

I'm so sad I'll stop now. Send love to his soul in these next few days....

here's a link of some beautiful pictures of him:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...GER_index.html

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #32
scout52
Working the Gusset

Anti-gay group is going to protest at his funeral!! because of his protroyal in Brokeback Mountain. That is just soooo wrong. I'm all for free speech, but I think funerals trump free speech. families have the right to grieve in peace.

congress has been taking too long already from preventing this church from showing up at soldiers funerals and I know they are going to do squat to protect any famous gays or anyone who protrays gays on tv/movies in their funerals. but they could at least protect the soldiers who are fighting for losing their life so this church and their horrible mean spirited members can keep bigoted views

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #33
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by scout52 View Post
Anti-gay group is going to protest at his funeral!! because of his protroyal in Brokeback Mountain. That is just soooo wrong. I'm all for free speech, but I think funerals trump free speech. families have the right to grieve in peace.

Good grief! Use your power for something different. The poor family...

::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
starburst
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Good grief! Use your power for something different. The poor family...

::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::::::::::
this is the same church that protests outside of soldiers' funerals
Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #35
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
I hate what those groups do. I hate it a lot. I hate everything about what they do, except that what they do is constitutionally sound. And I hate the idea of messing with the constitution more than what they do. Congress will have to work TERRIBLY hard to pass a law that would actually pass constitutional muster if brought before the Supreme Court. What needs to continue happening is the press needs to stop reporting their misdeeds and people need to keep showing up to surround the family and protect them from this kind of act. I hate it i hate it i hate it!

Has there been an indication he would be buried here though? I would think he would be buried in Australia.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #36
scout52
Working the Gusset

I Know I HATE THAT what they do is protected under free speech but technically if they incite a riot then its not and if there are a lot of fans that show up they may incite a riot and then its not protected speech anymore and then they have to leave and/or they can be arrested for inciting a riot. but I LOVE the constitution of this country that makes this a great country.

I would think that his parents would want him in australia but that Michelle Willliams would want him in America so she could have his daughter visit his grave much easier. so no clue, most people under 30 have not made their final wishes known.

I'm 30 and i have assets. I have made my wishes known orally but i have yet to write them down and have them notorazed. i have it started. I have life insurance to cover the house so my bf won't be stuck with the mortgage, i have life insurance to care of my siblings, but i told them i want cremation but never what to do with it.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #37
jdee
Working the Gusset

I never was a big fan, but I'm saddened to hear of this, and horrified to learn that he may have protesters at the funeral. While I'm all for free speech, there are certain things that should be off limits, in the name of decency. If they wanted to protest outside a movie theater, or something, then fine, but not at the man's funeral. Where are peoples' manners?

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
misha rf

The group in question has been picketing funerals for years. If someone dies from AIDS, they're there. They'll picket outside displays of the AIDS quilt. Anything gay-related, and they find a way to be there. Even if it's not really gay-related, like soldier's funerals. Hell, they even showed up to picket at my little sister's college graduation (Kansas State) b/c there are gay students there. The group is based near Topeka, & they seem to have a little "enclave" there.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #39
miccisue
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by VictoiseC View Post
I'm actually a little sick from this, been lying down a lot last night and today. This beautiful fellow was my favorite actor and when the Academy board chose to ignore his brilliant creation in Brokeback, I was so angry I decided never to watch the awards again.

I believe a performance of that caliber has not been created in the past I dunno, 10 or 20 years. Truly.

I also believe he cannot be compared to John Belushi in any sense. Belushi was known to party and take drugs and lead a very wild life for many years. Heath has been out and about down in Soho these last months at various bars, but it's been stated how polite and well-mannered he was, not crazy, not drunk, not on drugs.
I have the feeling this is something of a youth thing, the anxiety of performing maybe, or living up to a reputation. Or maybe yeah, just the crazy stuff related to Batman and that character.
He also was suffering from anxiety it's been said.

I've never taken a sleeping pill! I guess I'd rather sit up at night and read some stupid (or good) book than rely on pills. My family is hooked on various pills and it's such a shame.

I'm so sad I'll stop now. Send love to his soul in these next few days....

here's a link of some beautiful pictures of him:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...GER_index.html
With all due respect, John Belushi was only 33 when he died - 5 years older than Mr. Ledger....not that much of a difference, so the "youth" thing could apply to him as well. Yes, Belushi died of an OD of street drugs rather than prescription ones - I suppose to some that makes his death a little "dirtier", but the end result is sadly, the same.
John was known to party, yes, but to know the whole story I would suggest you read at the very least "Wired" and "Samurai Widow". John was not the scumbag you seem to think he was. He was a sweet, gentle, man who also dealt with sudden fame and insecurity, and at times ended up surrounded by the wrong people. He also worked hard to try and quit drugs - hiring a guy named "Smokey" to shadow him constantly.
Gilda Radner, who worked with John even before SNL, wrote to him once that he was the only guy who could "hit me without hurting me, and hurt me without hitting me".
I, for one, miss John and his wonderfully inventive sense of humor. Judy Belushi Pisano wrote in "Samurai Widow" that someone left a card at John's grave one day that said "He could have given us so many more laughs, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO". He was much loved.
miccisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #40
debb
Knitting the Flap

In regard to the so-called church group that protests at funerals, they are basically one family - most if not all of the members are related. I believe they just lost a lawsuit because they did take their 'protest' of one military funeral too far and caused a disruption so while their free speech was protected, their actions were not.
debb is offline   Reply With Quote