Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
scout52
Working the Gusset

Potential problem at Target Wish me Luck
SOOO I was checking my online banking when lo and behold as was doubled billed by Target. now I went to target on Monday. when I was there I used my debit/credit card. the machine froze and it said to give it to the checker. so i did. she then swiped it. now in fairness we both thought that it didn't go through. since the machine SAID to give it to the checker.

So i called Target when I saw that i was charged twice. now it was not a small shopping day. I spent $153. this target has groceries. So its not like I'm complaining over $10. the lady says Ok come in, with your receipt and in 5 days you will be credited. I'm like Uh no. you will credit me right away. You can charge me right away. and If i was returning something I would be credited right away.

i told her I am still at work and that she has 4 hours to figure out how to credit me right away and that I was bringing my bank statement with me. Now the zinger is I was planning to go to Target to purchase something and I told her this. so i told her figure it out. and I wont be an angry customer.

So wish me Luck and I'll let you know how it turns out. I know why they are trying to hold on to it for 5 days. they want the interest on the money. ugh.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Hopefully it goes smoothly and you're credited promptly!

I think, though, the reason they have the 5 day waiting period is to make sure the funds are there before issuing a return or credit. They want to be sure you have the money to cover your purchase in your bank account so they are not out any money. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's why.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
debb
Knitting the Flap

Also call your bank. This has happened to me a couple of times. My bank temporally puts the money back in my account while it investigates and resolves the issue. I mean it's pretty obvious when it is an identical transaction minutes apart. I think its actually more a bank issue than a Target issue and you will probably get it resolved faster.
debb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
scout52
Working the Gusset

Nope target wouldn't refund the money. ARGGHHHHH So went to my bank. they are refunded the money immediately. My bank is Bank of America. Money is in my account as we speak.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by scout52 View Post
Nope target wouldn't refund the money. ARGGHHHHH So went to my bank. they are refunded the money immediately. My bank is Bank of America. Money is in my account as we speak.

Ummm, why in the world won't they return your money? That's insane.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
Ummm, why in the world won't they return your money? That's insane.
Exactly! What the heck??!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Nice to know that at least B of A was decent about it. I have them as my bank, it's good to know that maybe they'll be on my side if I ever have a problem like that. Now Target, that's another story, I'm a little appalled at their customer service, yipes! Any imbecile can look at a bank statement and your receipt and decipher that you were charged twice for the same transaction. It might be a little harder to explain if it was a some time apart but I'm guessing the time between the two transactions must not have exceeded two minutes if even that.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
alleusion
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by stitchwitch View Post
Nice to know that at least B of A was decent about it. I have them as my bank, it's good to know that maybe they'll be on my side if I ever have a problem like that. Now Target, that's another story, I'm a little appalled at their customer service, yipes! Any imbecile can look at a bank statement and your receipt and decipher that you were charged twice for the same transaction. It might be a little harder to explain if it was a some time apart but I'm guessing the time between the two transactions must not have exceeded two minutes if even that.
Agreed - considering it was an error on Target's part and not your bank.

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

alleusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
scout52
Working the Gusset

Yep I was a little surprised at the customer service at target. especially since when I called earlier at stated that I didn't want to wait 5-7 days and stated I would bring in my bank statement, the day manager said oh well if you bring in the statement I'm sure we can take care of you.

I think it was the specific manager at the time. He was just being difficult for absolutely no reason at all. Even the original customer service person tried to do it but didn't have the authority. The manager was BEYOND rude. He basically accused me of lying. Even though I brought in my bank statement with my receipt. they even checked the register which showed one transaction but two payments!!! the customer service girl started arguing with him. I said fine lets call my bank and verify and he said no. so I just bypassed him and went to B of A and when I said i need to contest a debit charge they stated oh the one that's charged twice? I didn't even had to tell them which one it was.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Wow! What poor customer service. I've always had very good customer service from Target, but I hear of other people who are always getting the run around. I had a friend who bought a bunch of clothes for her mother who was in the hospital. Many of them didn't fit right or weren't right for the mom. So my friend took 5 pieces back that weren't right. With the reciept. She was told because she returned 5 items in one transaction that she was now blacklisted and couldn't make returns anymore. Huh?!? I could see if she was a habitual returner who never had her reciept but 5 items on the same reciept a few days after she bought them? I guess it just varies from manager to manager. Maybe the bad managers are former Walmart managers.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote