Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #10051
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

We lost our internet yesterday being out here we only had 2 choices dial up or a new wireless company...we went with the wireless but it's new so they are still getting the bugs out...so if I come up missing ya'll know why

We went to the old house yesterday and painted but ran out so gotta get more for Friday...I was hoping to be done there ...I've also messed up my knee so it's not wanting me to move things around today...hopefully tomorrow it will be better. It's suppose to be hot here today so the kids are wanting to get in the pool and then I'm going to knit while I watch them, I can't wait to knit again

Our kittens are doing really good...I have one of the older litter kittens kinda tame I guess you would say...she still spooks easy but I can hold her...the other 2 won't let me. Then the new litter we can get them and hold all 3 of them...when they are ready mom is taking them. Bella and Gideon seem to be adjusting well now, the first 2 days were rough on them...The cows are fine all ya gotta do for them is let them eat the pastures

I miss you guys and hope to get back in a routine soon, that is the worst thing for me...I like to have things run on a schedule and lately that hasn't been happening...

Carey~that is wonderful, I'm sure you can get her going!

Chris~I hope today has that in store for me

Lieke~Enjoy your day off

Julie~I missed my knit night last night...I hope you had a wonderful time, fingers crossed for ya

Sue~No worries, I don't either...we like just hearing from ya!

Christine~So glad you got the shawl back...and she looks very cute in her recital picture!

Hi everyone, I hope you guys are enjoying warm summer temps

Well I need to go attack Roo's room today so we can go out to the pool after lunch...I did find my camera cable so should be able to get pictures up soon on my blog...

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-24-2009), Lieke (06-25-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #10052
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Good luck on Thurs. Carey. Definately give her the site to look at and refer to.

Well I didn't go to knit night last night because Brian didn't get home till almost 8, well 7:45 and it takes about 15 min to get there & then it's over at 9 and I was tired & Brian was tired & the kids were full of energy & Katie was super cranky (had been since 5) so I decided to heck with it I'll just stay home. Not to mention my back hurt like he** after I lifted Katie up above my head to touch a light fixture on the ceiling. (dumb me) Back is lots better this am, but I wontbe mopping today. Mostly studying and maybe knitting. Gotta do the dishes; back hurt too much last night to do them.
We had a new recipe last night; Tater Taco Casserole
2 pounds ground beef (though I used ground turkey to be healthier)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 envelope taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 can (11 oz) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted (couldn't find this in either of the 2 grocery stores so we used 16 oz of fiesta velveeta cheese-yum)
1 package (32 oz) frozen tater tots
in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in taco seasoning and water. simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. stir in corn and soup(velveeta)
transfer to a greased 9"x13" baking dish. arrange tatertots in a single layer over top. bake uncovered at 350' for 30-35 min or until tater tots are crispy and golden brown...
this was so good & we're having the second half of it tonight
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-24-2009), dustinac (06-25-2009)
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #10053
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Julie what type spinning wheel do you have?

I found the thread where you say you purchased a Fidelis Spinning Wheel.

Thank you

Last edited by cacunn : 06-25-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #10054
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Julie~That sounds yummy...I'm going to write it down ...

I just remembered that you asked me about my wheel after reading Chris question about yours...I haven't had a chance to really get the wheel out since I got it...with looking for house, packing, and now unpacking...I might take it to WV with me so mom can help me...that is one good thing about mine it's so small that I can take it about anywhere

Sue~Thank you so much for the new home card that you made us...it is so pretty! JD still can't get over that you make the cards, he said the same thing over the Christmas card...I told him you had started selling them and now he thinks I should do it ...when???

Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing good! Miss reading your posts!

Not much today suppose to be in the nineties and muggy...we are suppose to take my car down for an oil change then go after more paint...and then go paint but it might be to hot...the old house has no a/c...

I did get to knit yesterday

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-25-2009), jberry16 (06-25-2009), sue in canada (06-25-2009)
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #10055
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
I'm FINALLY back from Washington into the heat of Texas. Ugh. We had a good time, but it was more of a trip than a vacation. It was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and we tried hard to spoil them.

I've read all the posts since I left, but forgive me for not commenting. I do remember seeing some beautiful knits! I knit a hanging towel for my mom to give as a gift. Her hands are in really bad shape so knitting is slow for her. I began on her needles (I think some Boye circulars) and ended up giving her a set of my KPs b/c hers bothered my hands so much and once SHE got knitting on my KPs, she really liked them. So maybe she can knit again?!?

I didn't have a lot of knitting time, but I have been plodding along on my Athos. I'm almost finished, but I'm also almost out of yarn. I don't think I'll have enough to do the sleeves, so I think I'll do the same lace strip that's around the neck edge for the sleeves.

Of course, we did find a couple of yarn shops in Tacoma. One didn't have anything that piqued my interest, but at the 2nd one, I got some very fine fuscia colored yarn that I will knit in with my DK cotton from ColourMart that should really punch it up and give me enough yarn to make the February Lady sweater out of it.

Today is going to be busy. Pay the bills, unpack, do laundry, water the yard, pick up the house.... Not as busy as you, though, Dustina! SO glad you're in the new house!

Hi to all of you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-25-2009), dustinac (06-25-2009), jberry16 (06-25-2009)
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #10056
cacunn
Instepping Out

Dustina what type of wheel did you get?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #10057
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Julie what type spinning wheel do you have?

I found the thread where you say you purchased a Fidelis Spinning Wheel.

Thank you
I purchased a Fidelis Spinning wheel from Heavenly Handspinning; if you hurry they have free shipping through the month of June!!! I LOVE it! I can spin bulky (though I dont knit with it so why spin it) and lace weight on the same wheel without changing the bobbin or anything. It's pretty small and I can take mine anywhere too, it's just the right size to sit behind my rocker in the living room so that the kids dont touch it; though I catch Katie back there every once in a while. If you have any questions please feel free to send them my way; I dont know a lot about spinning wheels but I know I love this one! And Jan, the lady who makes them (well her dh makes them) has videos on you tube on how to spin with them...look up fidelis spinning wheel on youtubes search and you'll get them.

Ok well kids and Dh are gone for a while so I'm going to try to get that second exam out of the way...
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-25-2009)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #10058
Lieke
Working the Gusset

good evening!

Well, had a great day off. I went to work out a bit first thing this morning, because it was going to be a hot day (and it was). Did some laundry and made some dinner for the freezer, so I don't have to cook when I come home late from work. Then I took the train and went to my moms place, who has a garden (I don't have one) and sat in the garden with my mom for the rest of the afternoon. DBF will be gone again tonight, so if I'm not to hot, I think I'll finish the body of my camisole with gussets. If it stays this hot, I might knit on my socks, or don't knit at all. (it's now 27 degrees celcius here in the house, that's about 80F and it's REALLY humid, no airco here :()

Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #10059
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
I purchased a Fidelis Spinning wheel from Heavenly Handspinning; if you hurry they have free shipping through the month of June!!!
Do you have a single or double treadle?

Thanks unfortunately the money I was saving for a wheel is now in DSHMBO&A's laptop. Her old laptop was having power problems and needed to be replaced as a laptop. She got a small (12.1 screen) and I will take her old laptop and use it to replace my very old desk top.

I'm looking and thinking about a wheel and trying to teach myself to use a spindle. My main interest is in spinning mareled (sp) yarn for kilt hose. Just what I need is another project.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #10060
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Sounds like everyone is busy! (and hot!)

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
I'm looking and thinking about a wheel and trying to teach myself to use a spindle. My main interest is in spinning mareled (sp) yarn for kilt hose. Just what I need is another project.
Yay for spinning! I'm watching at our LYS - they used to give spinning classes but of course now that I'm around and able to take them, they aren't offered anymore.

So, I had a really crappy day yesterday. At work we had a real estate closing that was extra complicated, but the boss decided he thought I could handle it (despite my telling him repeatedly that I don't know what I'm doing), and then it turns out that a bunch of numbers got left of what I was given, but nobody bothered to tell me this until half an hour before the closing. So the last half hour was me running around re-doing bunches of paperwork and faxing and emailing it all over, and writing checks, and in general having no clue how to make things work out correctly. Then, while Bill was at the bank for the closing, his next appt. showed up - although eventually Bill called and told me what information he needed from them, so I took that and worked on their stuff. In the meantime, I had to figure out how to do yet another paper for the closing, which I would like to point out I was SPECIFICALLY told that I did NOT need. So finally I went home and mom suggested we go get picture frames from Wal Mart to finish putting things on the walls in my room. First off, all of my stuff is wierd sizes, so some of the frames I didn't think would work to begin with. Secondly, mom took her entire Wal Mart list with us, so we didn't get done until almost 9. Then, on the way home, mom said she would help me put things up and she did - for about five minutes. While I was trying to get all of this finished - mostly to make dad happy - dad decided that he wanted me to do the laundry instead. Part B - I had a frame that was 1/2 inch to big for one of my posters, in both directions. So I trimmed the edges, but of course had to do it with scissors, so they are all ragged now, and it STILL doesn't fit (and I REALLY don't want to cut off the reference marks), so THEN mom suggested just getting a bigger frame. Well, yeah, except now the edges aren't straight, and it doesn't match the other map that it used to match. And yet another of my frames didn't fit the poster that was going into it. And my corkboard for my world map requires a drill, but dad didn't want to help last night. So at 10pm, I have exactly one item hung on my walls, and exactly zero posters in frames. I just wasted an entire night. I did end up going downstairs to sew for a couple of hours since my brother was playing pool with his girlfriend and making noise anyway, but needless to say I was really, really irritated when I went to bed.
When I got to work this morning, Bill announced that several of the numbers I had worked so frantically on yesterday, are wrong. "You've done this before, why didn't you know that this number wasn't right?" Because when I've done it before, I've been given numbers, they've been correct, and none have been missing, and I yes, you've shown me how to figure them but when I have half an hour to do about a million things, and experience says that the bank knows more about numbers than me, I'm not going to waste my time double checking the bank's numbers. Particularly when I would first have to go count up the number of pages in a mortgage which is stuck somewhere in the middle of a 68-page document!

In otherwords: GRRRRR! / Is it July yet?

Sorry about the rant...
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Closed Thread