Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #10131
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
In our house, it's 29 degrees celcius, so you can imagine I don't want to do any cleaning or ironing (but I have to, I haven't done anything since I've started the job 2 weeks ago).

29 Degrees C (85 Degrees F) and humidity is hot and muggy anywhere. As for the cleaning I could send you one of the signs available over here that says "Dust is a country accent" and you could tell everyone you like the country look for your house.

Or my DSWMBO&A could talk to your DBF and make sure that he knows that the vacuum cleaner handle fits his hand as well as a dust rag. I fact she had the handle for the vacuum custom fit for my hand, wasn't she thoughtful?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #10132
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Or my DSWMBO&A could talk to your DBF and make sure that he knows that the vacuum cleaner handle fits his hand as well as a dust rag. I fact she had the handle for the vacuum custom fit for my hand, wasn't she thoughtful?
What a smart woman you married!

Gina the ants sound aweful! My sis, now lives in Las Vegas, NV and she had to call the exterminator out because her clothes in her closset were covered in ants! She said she had to stand in the closset with the exterminator and shake each piece of clothing to let the ants fall out and then he sprayed the empty closet. YUK. We have 'piss ants' here- not sure that's what they're called but that's what Grandma calls them. They run around like wild indians and they're tiny.

Today I am going to go to Grandma's and cut her grass & clean her house (haven't cleaned it since May 28). Dust here is just part of life, after all it is the desert.
In knitting news I'm to the ball of my foot with the sock; decided to just do plain st st on the foot because it's always in a shoe. I did the gusset decreases on the bottom of the foot, heel area & I love it! It adds a bit more yarn and fits nicer than the regular gusset decreases. I'll post a pic when sock #1 is finished.

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #10133
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Good morning, everyone!

Jackie, yes, Black Stallion is a movie about a horse. I bet Jayne would like it if she likes horse stories. How cool to predict the weather by watching the ants!

Gina, that's great about colourmart! Those ants sound AWFUL! We get ants here at my office in the kitchen sometimes, and my friend Jana calls them crazy ants... but we only get a few, so they sound nothing like the article you posted.

Lieke, hang in there, you'll get used to the new routine.

Chris, as always, you crack me up! How nice of your wife to get you a special vacuum cleaner handle!

Ann, I hope you're doing OK! I think of you often and you are in my prayers.

Sue, Julie, Dustina, Rosalie, Rachejm, Christine, hi!

Um, who did I miss? Hello to everyone!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-02-2009), Lieke (07-02-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #10134
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
29 Degrees C (85 Degrees F) and humidity is hot and muggy anywhere. As for the cleaning I could send you one of the signs available over here that says "Dust is a country accent" and you could tell everyone you like the country look for your house.

DBF is the one doing the vacuum cleaning. I only have to dust. See, it's quite fair around here.

I also made dinner. We're eating salad today, so I guessed it'd be best to have all the things that'll make me hot done. I've also made 3 2-person servings to freeze, so I'm set for next week as well. Now I only have to do the dusting and then I'm finished. I think I'll sit and do nothing, don't move and hope I'll get less hot.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #10135
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16

DBF is the one doing the vacuum cleaning. I only have to dust. See, it's quite fair around here.

I also made dinner. We're eating salad today, so I guessed it'd be best to have all the things that'll make me hot done. I've also made 3 2-person servings to freeze, so I'm set for next week as well. Now I only have to do the dusting and then I'm finished. I think I'll sit and do nothing, don't move and hope I'll get less hot.
maybe an ice cold drink? or several? popsicles?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #10136
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

We are heading out sometime today for WV I can't wait to see everyone and check on my Papa for myself. I'm also going to get caught up on my knitting

Jackie~I used a 24" cable to start off with but as you increase you will need to change cables

Gina~ohh those ants sound awful! I hope you can figure out away to get rid of them

Lieke~I hope it cools off for you soon

Chris~ I had a lady ask me one time to embroidery that onto a pillow for her...

Sue~Yeah it's very different from in town...those came from the big tourist Amish country...but up here not many know they are here so they are very sweet...it's still odd to me see them drive by and throw up their hand...Thank you his eye was back to normal yesterday

Carey~I need to see if the library can get that book in for me too...

Hi everyone hope you guys are doing great and have a good 4th of July!

Happy Canada Day

I need to go get busy on packing...didn't I just unpack everything? Yeah we can get our cars in the garage...I'm FINISHED

I still gotta do some work on my knitting closet but that will have to wait...till I can figure out what I want in there...

I'm not sure when I can check back in again...mom does have internet but it depends on what we get into...I hope you all have a safe and wonderful 4th of July

Hope you all have a great weekend of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lieke (07-04-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #10137
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being so absent lately. I am busy with work because our manager is on vacation and our assistant manager quit, so I am running the show for a little while. I have been offered the assistant manager job, but I'm not sure if I should take it. It is better paid and I am pretty much already used to doing the job. The only catch is that I would have to give a year commitment. I am waiting until my manager gets back on vacation and I'm waiting to hear about a few jobs I applied to. What do you all think?

Dustina- Have fun on your trip! Have a great 4th of July!

Gina- When I was a little girl my mom found ants all over the upstairs of our house. The weird part is that they were dead. One day she caught me carrying ants upstairs in my hand because I thought they were cold outside.

Lieke- Come visit Sue, Christine and I- it's very cool here!

Julie- Can't wait to see your sock. I would say have fun at your grandma's, but you're going to be cleaning, so I'll just say hope it goes quickly!

Hi Christine, Sue, Chris, Jackie, Rosalie, Rachel, Carey ...etc.

And now a picture of actual knitting- can you believe it? These are the socks I have been knitting for Josh's mom. They're for her birthday in August. The yarn is Louet Gems Sport Weight in Neptune and the pattern is Rainy Day Socks. They're much too small for me, which is good because she has a much smaller foot (size 5!).
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandyssocks2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	53034  Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandyssocks3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	53035  

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-03-2009), jberry16 (07-02-2009), Lieke (07-04-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #10138
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
What a smart woman you married!
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Chris, as always, you crack me up! How nice of your wife to get you a special vacuum cleaner handle!
Hey, hey I have this war wound (caused when a six-pack of beer, excuse me, soda exploded in the heat near the DMZ) and repeative actions, like pushing a vacuum back and forth is painful. When in pain I must wrap my hand around something cold to relax it, and DSWMBO&A makes be get my own beer, excuse me cold compress.

You need to look into a air filter with a HEPA filter and electrostatic air cleaners. The HEPA filter will pull much of the dirt out of the air and the electrostatic air cleaner will charge the remaining dirt so it is pull to the floor. Less dusting and DBF has to vaccum anyway.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #10139
cacunn
Instepping Out

Ann good to hear from you. Great Socks Josh's mom is going to love them.

On the job front - my question is why did you apply for the other jobs? What is it about the job you have that made you want to leave or move to the other jobs? Has this or will this change? More money is nice but enjoying the work you are doing is more important. My 2 cents worth.

Last edited by cacunn : 07-02-2009 at 02:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knitgal (07-02-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #10140
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Love the socks, Ann! They are fabulous!

Closed Thread