Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #10541
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello everyone!

Busy day at work today. The manager is away again, so I am working her job and my own. Got the cuff of the next mitten knit at Sn'B last night. I'm wanting to start on the sweater, so I am slacking on the mittens. My friend Laura came over tonight and we went for a walk and got ice cream and then watched some tv and chat for a while.

Christine- I'm sorry you had to go to the hospital! Glad it wasn't anything like a heart attack. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Julie- Love the socks! Any news on Lucky yet?

Gina- I'm not sure that we'll get married before we buy a house. I know it's not traditional, but our biggest goal has been to buy our own place and it is now possible. We are going to get married, but probably not for a little while.

Dustina- Glad the washer got fixed- what a pain. Can't wait to see pics of the scarf!

Sue- Glad you got some card-making supplies. I'm sure the knitting mojo will return when it gets cool.

Hi Chris, Lisa, Lieke, Emily, Rachel, Steve, Carla, Carey

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-11-2009), The.Knitter (08-10-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #10542
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Thanks everyone for caring! I am quite relieved that this little problem is just a bleeding ulcer and not the heart attack they originally thought it was. Ulcers heal, heart damage never does! I was mighty scared but I am a lot more comfortable today with the new meds.

We are heading up to the trailer either tomorrow or Wednesday. It takes me longer right now to get ready to go. We will be home again on the 23rd. I do have internet access at the trailer but it is quirky and sometimes does not work well. I'll try to check in now and then.

P.S. The man was here the other day measuring for the new windows. They will be here in a month. I will get fresh air soon. I am pleased about that.

Also, I just found out that I won a contest today!!!! "Hooked on Needles" (a company owned by KH's own MGM) had a summer give-a-way contest. I will probably get the package when I get home. It is a crocheted mini duffel bag with chap stick, sun screen, note pads, a journal, & a photo album inside it. The bag is lined and can be used as a knitting bag or a beach bag. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see it!

Hugs to all!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 08-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #10543
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Christine how cool is that that you won that gift & you're getting new windows & going to the trailer?! Sounds like a bunch of good to brush away the icky stuff that's happened over the year.

Ann I also wanna start a sweater, I have 880 yds of cascade 220 ww yarn, but really want to knit Owls (free pattern on ravelry) however it calls for bulky weight, I wanted to get some of that but the LYS didn't have 2 skeins of cascade eco in the same dyelot much less same color. dang it.

I made a new knitting bag yesterday, just a practice one with my kitty fabric, but have really cute cherry fabric to make a couple more, and will sew those up today, they're all ready (prepped). I'm making one for myself & one for my sister. She's coming home on the 17th for a visit, we're so excited. The kids will be so surprised, wish that wasn't the week they started school, however that way we'll be able to have some 'alone' time- well Katie will be with us, but she still naps
a couple tutorials I like for the 'box bags' are, the main one & the one that makes the corners & handle very simple.

Last edited by jberry16 : 08-11-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: to add links
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knitgal (08-11-2009), The.Knitter (08-11-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #10544
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Julie:
Thanks! I am looking forward to getting my package. DH had to go to the doctor today because I noticed him limping really badly. Turns out he has gout. OK so now we need something good to offset the gout. We will go to the trailer tomorrow now. He needs a day for the meds to get into his system, poor man! I told him he was jealous because the doctors and nurses played with me and not him, so he had to get sick so they could play with him. He just laughed and said "especially the nurses!"

As for me, the heartburn is not nearly so bad now. The meds seem to be working.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 08-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #10545
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good afternoon socksters!!

Christine~Congrats on winning and I hope dh feels better soon...My grandmother struggled with gout and now my dad does...It can be so painful...hope you feel better soon

Julie~YAY for the visit with your sister is she knitting? Great sock!

Ann~That sounds like a nice evening! I'll get picture of the scarf when I get it off the needles...it's very simple he didn't go for my other ideas...so it's a boring knit

Chris~aww I hope this weekend you get in some time with the kilt but hope you two had a great time

Emily~fingers crossed for ya...hope you have a great trip!

Hi everyone hope you guys are doing good and enjoying great weather!

It's warm here today like it's suppose to be lol...the rain hit all around us yesterday...we could use some rain this way we need a day of slow rain...grass is dying again.

There was a wreck close to our house yesterday, the Amish kids drive a tractor with this thing attached for hay...and one of the girls sits on top of the fender like thing...well going out the road from my house you start down a steep hill with a blind spot...and the tractor trailers FLY out this road...one hit them yesterday afternoon and sent the girl flying...and then another truck couldn't stop and ended up in the middle of it too...last I herd they took 4 to the hospital but I'm not sure on their conditions. They were stopping traffic close to our house yesterday and sending them another way from about 3 till late when we went to bed last night they were still out there...I went out this morning took Roo to the dr and you could see where it happened...hay was everywhere too...I hope they will be ok and I hope they will do something about the speeding up here...it's the only thing I don't like about up here...the traffic and their speed...esp when you got kids (ours don't play out front) and the Amish kids on tractors and then they also have their buggys....

took Roo for her school shot, I hate when they gotta get shots...and at this age they know so they are crying before it happens. Then we went into HR Block to pick up forms and she some how got her big toe stuck under the door...it looks awful...thankfully the lady was very sweet and got me some wet cold rags and Roo some candy lol...she slept the whole way home...

Isaiah has football tonight and I'm hoping JD can meet me there close to 6 so I will have time to drive into town for knit night...I haven't been in soo long...

ok now that I've wrote ya'll a book today I hope you guys enjoy an afternoon of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-12-2009), jess_hawk (08-12-2009), knitgal (08-12-2009), The.Knitter (08-12-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #10546
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi socksters,

Sue, glad you got some shopping done in Buffalo. Sounds fun.

Dustina, I don't mind frogging if I know the FO will be something I'll wear and the project as is is something I won't. Glad you're having great weather. It's still stinking hot here. Too bad about the traffic and accident near your home.

Julie, those socks are SO pretty! Great for jeans or khakis! The Owls sweater is cute!

Jess, good luck with Illinois State!

Ann, your evening sounds perfect: Knitting, ice cream, friend...Lovely!

Christine, YAY on the new windows and WINNING!!! Hope your DH is okay.

Jackie, did you ever get your yarn?

Steve, how are the cockatiels getting along?

Chris, hope the chores go quickly so you can start sewing! I used to love sewing, but it's too hard on my neck now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-12-2009), jess_hawk (08-12-2009), knitgal (08-12-2009), The.Knitter (08-12-2009)
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #10547
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Well I got a new kitten yesterday! He's SO CUTE! Brian rightfully named him Rascal. I'll post pics as soon as I can get him to sit still for a minute. Actually I might have to just video him and post it to the blog or youtube. I'll let you know.

Gina my sis will be here the 17th and yes she does knit, I made her a little knitting bag. I'll post pics of that later too.

All of this later talk is because I still have to sweep/mop and clean the kitchen up before my cousin & her 2 kids come up again for 1 last visit. They'll be here in about 2.5 hours. I still have to shower and to the rest of my daily morning chores too.
This afternoon from 3-4 is Jacob's sneak peak at his school so we can see his classroom and meet his teacher...I'll be sleepy later today.
Missed knit night last night because of the 'reunion' with an old youth group, lots of fun though & well worth it.

Dustina sorry to hear about that accident, how scary.
Talk to y'all later, hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #10548
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Wow, I don't know how y'all do it. I've been reading posts since last time I posted and I'm amazed that y'all can then reply to everyone's post so succinctly. Maybe it just takes practice?

Well, I finished my socks. Actually, I finished them awhile ago. I didn't post them because I'm not happy with them. The socks fit in the foot but the leg is slouchy. So, I'm started another pair using Comfort Sox and I casted on 56 sts instead of 64.

And now that summer is almost over, my tank is FINALLY done except for the i-cord straps. I started the thing in late May. It's a good thing that I live in Texas. I'll be able to wear it into October.

I think that I'll cast on for the FLS next.

Hope y'all have a great day!

Courtney
Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #10549
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by cdjack View Post
I'm amazed that y'all can then reply to everyone's post so succinctly.

Cheat - have a piece of paper to take notes.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #10550
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Cheat - have a piece of paper to take notes.
Now why didn't I think of that?

Closed Thread