Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #11021
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Christine, it's great to see you! I'm glad to hear that things are going well at home. Best of luck on your trip and your knitting!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #11022
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning socksters

Christine~I'm so glad things are going good for ya, your in my prayers! Thank you the hospital is keeping him for a few more days...so glad you are trying knitting!

rachejm~it looks good, can't wait to see it with buttons on it. I want that game to play on Isaiah's ds it looks fun

Carey~did you get to work on her sweater? so not fair that your cold front brings in 70s while our cold front is bring in snow flurries!

Julie~thought about ya yesterday how did it go?

Gina~yeah that would help a week later...maybe they are excited to see the new place and know it will be crazy but just wanna join in ...thanks he is feeling better I know it was FB practice on Tuesday that messed him up...so we skipped last night

Yesterday I finished up some stuff on my to do list...wouldn't let myself turn on the computer except for fast checks here and there. I enjoyed Leave her to Heaven and the classic Titanic while I worked I need to do the same for today...

Gideon was also under the weather yesterday and so I was with him a lot his eye was swollen up and was watery...he just didn't feel good. So I got some Benadryl down him (moms suggestion) and since it was clear coming from his eye I knew it prolly wasn't an infection so I put damp tea bags on his eye (vets suggestion) and then I made a warm solution of salt and warm water and squeezed over his eye (internet suggestion since I didn't see how a tea bag would work but I did do it)...and today he is back to seeing clearly and bumping heads with me...and talking to make up for the lack of it yesterday. I have no idea what suggestion above worked but thankfully they did (I was not his favorite person yesterday he started to hide from me)

Papa is doing good or that is what they are saying...the hospital is still keeping him for a few more days though...I worry about him having this at his age (89)...

Okey dokey gotta go brush Roo's hair and get them moving...hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-16-2009), rachejm (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #11023
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, you sound like you're in a good mood. Hope it lasted through your quiz! Believe it or not, even though we're moving two weeks later, DH and I are going to a conference near Albuquerque in November 9-11. (We wouldn't go, but it's all-expenses paid--and not paid by us!) We may have a little time the morning of the 9th if you want to get together for a short while. I'd love to meet you!

Jackie, how are your new Knit Picks? Did you get them yet?

Carey, Did you get lots done on the sweater? It's nice and cool here this morning!

Rache, I'd like that bag, too. Or SOMETHING nice. I just use a tote bag. So nice that you finished your sweater. It's such a popular pattern!

Christine, I'm SO glad you're getting settled and have such a supportive husband. Heal well, my friend! Have a great day out, even if it is to the doctor!

Dustina, I'm glad your grandpa is doing better. Hope you get lots done today. I hope I do too!

Yesterday I cleaned out two more huge file drawers and recycled two more big bins of paper. DD is going to help me finish what I can do of my office for now (I still have tutoring students) and the game room. Then (hopefully) we'll start on some closets. The inspections came back with more stuff than we figured on, including termites. We're going to insist that they treat for termites or the deal is off. They can't sell with termites, so I don't think they'll argue. I'm still not sleeping long enough. I woke at three this morning again and this time with a headache. At least the weather is supposed to be nice today, so we can open the windows (it's been too humid and hot) and enjoy fall!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009), jberry16 (10-16-2009), rachejm (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #11024
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina that'd be so neat to meet you! Where is your conference? you said near Albuquerque, I'm near Abq.
O and the mood lasted through the quiz on till lecture but then I was so tired I could have fallen asleep about 8pm, lecture goes till 8:45.

Dusitna glad your kitty is doing better & friends with you again.

Christine so glad to hear that things are looking up & you're sounding much more like yourself. Maybe knit something super simple, no patterns? You can do it, we're here pulling for you!

Thank you all for the prayers, they worked! Yesterday's quiz was on joints (not the smoking type-as my teacher wrote) and I got an 80%!!! I only missed 2 questions, one I wasn't sure of & the other I just was a ding bat and missread it.
As for last weeks exam, we got the results yesterday, and I passed just barely, I got a 70%, but with the curve I gota 74%. 70's passing and that's all I need, of course I'm not really happy with a C because I'm usually high B's and A's but I'll take it.
No knitting news, but my wheel shipped yesterday!!!
scheduled to arrive here on 10-20!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-16-2009), dustinac (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #11025
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Gina~that would be a deal breaker for me too...was there any damage by the termites? They need to pay for that and I don't think they will sell it if they don't...maybe someone would want to pay more but I wouldn't

Julie~on the grades and wheel...I drug mine out yesterday but that is as far as I got with it

Julie and Jackie~what all are you adding to your pkg for the mini sock swap? I got to knit another since Roo took mine...

QOTD: Since its getting close to Halloween do you and your family celebrate/traditions? whats your favorite candy to find in the trick or treat bags? does your country have Halloween or something similar to it? Do you have a favorite fall snack you like to make this time of year?

We do trick or treat night but that is about as far as I go with it. I decorate for fall but no ghosts or witches...I would be happy if we could get out of dressing up but the kids think its fun and they get candy. I am a big chicken...I can't watch the movies so most of the time this month I'm flipping with my eyes closed. I like reese's of course now they are pumpkin shape YUM! My favorite fall snack is anything pumpkin...pie, cookies, bars etc (I've only made a pie though)...

The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #11026
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Julie~on the grades and wheel...I drug mine out yesterday but that is as far as I got with it

Julie and Jackie~what all are you adding to your pkg for the mini sock swap? I got to knit another since Roo took mine...

QOTD: Since its getting close to Halloween do you and your family celebrate/traditions? whats your favorite candy to find in the trick or treat bags? does your country have Halloween or something similar to it? Do you have a favorite fall snack you like to make this time of year?
Dustina I personally dont like halloween, or I should say the idea of it. I dont like scary movies or ghosts, gobblins, witches, devils etc. My girls are dressing up as Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, Jacob will either be Captain America or Batman. Brian loves it & enjoys the 'family tradition' (his dad started) by dressing up as the grim reaper and standing still in the driveway till kids come up and then he walks towards them and scares teh living daylights out of them. I think it's mean-funny if they're teens but he wont do it to the little kids. We'll carve our fare share of pumpkins & let them 'trick or treat' a few houses. Most people dont have candy on our block though so we usually go to either my Grandma's neighborhood (few people there now a days too) or to my FIL's neighborhood. Though they just had a swat standoff this morning 4 houses down from his, not sure we'll do that this year either. Today/tonight's the schools carnivals. Bailey's today and Jacob's tonight.
my favorite treats are usually snickers, almond joys, or hershey's kisses. I really dont like when people give out apples, it's to easy to poison those so we toss them out asap.

As for the swap, I have to knit another sock too, because the pink one I've given to a classmate and the orange/brown one I had knit for my partner wont work because she doesn't like orange, the only color she doesn't like. o well, not like they take much time. I'll probably add a chap stick in and maybe a candy or something. cheap & lightweight is what I'm going for. $'s tight right now so it's gotta be.

Dustina you really need to get your wheel set up and play with it, say 10 minutes a day & you'll love it before you know it. What kind is it? I forgot.

Gina, Termites!!! I'd have a fit! I'd walk away from that one, just because those scare me. But if it can be treated & then you keep up with the treatment as needed it will probably be ok. Time to call Orkin to have them look at it, or Terminex. Those are the 2 companies here in NM that handle them. They like sandy soil. Our house was treated for them back in the late 70s or early 80s & no sign since. We purchased it in '05
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #11027
jberry16
Instepping Out

Dustina what are you including? Where does your person live? Mine is in Washington.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #11028
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

I forgot about carving a pumpkin we will do that next weekend...mom will be here too

Julie~I'm not sure I was kinda getting ideas from ya'll seeing what I should include...money is tight here too just found out today what the price of the propane is for our heat...we needed to buy a house why???

I was thinking the same thing though mini sock...chap stick maybe some candy...maybe a votive? but then you gotta figure out there scents and colors and I'm trying to be very secretive...

An amish man stopped by a little while ago and wanted to know if our black apples were ready...hrmm what apples? He told me they are very rare and do good in storage and was hoping he could have some of ours, they like to make pies and cider from them. I told him go ahead he seemed shocked that I didn't want to save the rare apples...I wondered why they were so gross in August they were still greenish red lol...

The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #11029
jberry16
Instepping Out

Dustina propane isn't cheap, I remember Mom calling around each fall to get the best price on propane. Not cheap.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #11030
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
An amish man stopped by a little while ago and wanted to know if our black apples were ready...hrmm what apples? He told me they are very rare and do good in storage and was hoping he could have some of ours, they like to make pies and cider from them. I told him go ahead he seemed shocked that I didn't want to save the rare apples...I wondered why they were so gross in August they were still greenish red lol...

Black Apples? I've never heard of them. I searched and found info. they sound interesting, if you have any seed I'll trade something for them. I need to replace a crab apple tree that was killed by frost this spring.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009)
Closed Thread