Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #11041
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone.

Sorry I have been MIA but I just seem to be so busy these days. I was away for a couple of days last week and on Saturday I went to the Creative Show held in Toronto, The friend I went with is a scrapbooker, so we looked at that area mostly. The show was so much smaller than in previous years and I am so glad that we won the tickets and didn't have to pay the admission. Still no knitting here as I am preparing for another sale at the scrapbook store on Saturday.

Chris: Look forward to seeing the kilt.

Dustina: Glad your grandfather is doing better. I have never heard of black apples before.

Gina: Good luck with all the packing. Rather you than me.

Julie: Have fun with the new wheel.

Ann: Hope you are feeling better.

Christine: It was good to talk to you. I hope your first day alone went okay. I will visit you soon.

Hi Lisa, Carey and anyone else I have missed.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #11042
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Chris I would do that if there wasn't laundry and studying to do.

Lisa glad you had a weekend off.

Sue thanks for dropping a note.

Gina that sounds good to me. Where are y'all staying Sunday night? (I'd offer you to stay here, but I dont have any extra beds, well a twin blow up mattress & a couch is about it) I'm so excited, maybe we could meet for some coffee or something!

Wheel comes tomorrow (supposed to) & being that it's UPS it probably wont show up till I'm almost ready to leave for class. But I plan on getting the laundry done today & hopefully the mending and then studying. Did I tell y'all that I have to know all the superficial muscles (front & back) and know how to spell the darn things before lab on Thursday? I wish I had more energy lately, I went to bed & was asleep before 9 last night, I'm usually the one that's up late, like 11 or later. Dh is always in bed earlier & the kids are in bed by 8 and usually asleep before 8:30. wierd I tell ya.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-19-2009), Lisa1216 (10-19-2009)
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #11043
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
ok this might be a dumb question but the seeds you mean cut one open and send them to ya? I can do that no problem...that is the only seed I can think of.
What I would do is quarter the apples and dig the seed out of the center. Place a two or three apples worth on a paper towel to dry. After a day or two of drying put them in an envelope for mailing.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #11044
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hi everyone!

Julie, congrats on your grades! Can't wait to see your new wheel!

Dustina, our school (which is Lutheran) has a 'Trunk or Treat' celebration every halloween early in the evening where members of the church park their cars in the lot and hand out treats from their trunks (which they decorate). There is some candy, but also lots of little cross necklaces, bookmarks, and other little treats like that. There's usually a 'decorate a cookie' booth and popcorn, too. It's nice. This year we'll have one of the girls' friends spending the night with us that night since her parents will be out of town, so she'll go with us too. We'll probably trick-or-treat a few houses in the neighborhood, but that's it for the kids. We don't decorate. We do have an annual halloween horror movie party for the grown-ups, though. We have a few friends that come every year. I don't like gory movies, so we watch the ones that are scary without blood.

Gina, I'm glad the sellers are taking care of the termite issue! How nice that DD is such a good helper with the packing.

Chris, wow, great progress on the kilt! Can't wait to see it!

Lisa, a quiet weekend, how lovely!

Sue, good to hear from you! I hope the card sale goes well!

Christine, how are you doing? You are in my prayers- I hope you are healing well!

Ann, how's everything with you? I know you're busy, just wanted you to know we're thinking of you.

Well, I had a crazy weekend! Friday night the girls and I went to our friends' house for dinner, and ended up staying there till 10! My kids rarely get to stay up that late! Then Saturday morning, I got my new dryer! IT WORKS! Saturday afternoon I watched a Russian movie with the same friend (Karen) that we had dinner with (she had to watch it for a class) then we went to a russian grocery in town (I needed paprika) then they came to our house for dinner. We didn't stay up quite as late this time, but we did manage to get our hotel booked for our Houston trip in Nov. Then Sunday I made a christening gown for a baby doll! It's for the girls' Sunday School class. I still have to make the bonnet, but the dress came out really nicely, I think.

No knitting for me for a few days. I agreed to make some christmas ornaments for the school to pass out to the kids, so I need to get those done. Then I am determined to finish Abby's cardigan!

Hope you are all having a lovely Monday!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-21-2009)
Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #11045
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

Gina - yes, they are here, started to use the 4" dpns to knit the mini sock swap, very comfortable with the shorties.
thank you very much.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #11046
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Good morning, socksters!
Lisa, Good luck finding boots. I got lucky a couple of years ago and found Uggs for DS for $10 at Marshalls. He loves them, but doesn't need them very often. You have no idea how much work it is to pack a whole house. Plus a HUGE garage. It's so true that if you have storage space, you fill it. UGH. We have SO much stuff. We already have half a garage stall with stuff to donate. I'm trying to go through some of DH's files while he is gone. He still has notes from high school classes that he hasn't looked at in decades. If I ask him, he'll say keep it, so I'm not asking!

Sue, your days sound full, but enjoyable. How nice!

Julie, I'm not sure where we're staying Sunday night. I'll let you know when I find out. It would be fun to meet for coffee or something. Have fun with your wheel. Hope it comes early in the day! That tired, huh? Perhaps might you be pregnant?

Carey, YAY on the new dryer. We need to find a fridge and dishwasher as the house does not have working models. Anyone have recommendations? We need a side-by-side fridge that's not too deep. Preferably less than 30". They're hard to find!

Jackie, glad you're enjoying the needles. They're SO tiny!

Has anyone heard from Jess (Emily)?

Christine, I hope you're still reading our posts here. We miss you, but understand. You're still in my prayers! On bad days, wrap yourself in your Texas hugs and know we're thinking about you.

The guy who is laying our flooring is meeting with me at a floor place. He can get better prices (he says) than what I've found, so I have more decisions to make today.

I wish I had time to knit. My FLS is on hold, but I need to get going on the Christmas knitting.

HAH! I just got a call asking me to do a long-term sub position teaching speech. That's my degree area, but not now, thank you very much! I'm just a little busy.

Have a good day, y'all! If you haven't posted in awhile, drop us a line and let us know how you're doing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-20-2009), Lisa1216 (10-20-2009)
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #11047
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Julie, I'm not sure where we're staying Sunday night. I'll let you know when I find out. It would be fun to meet for coffee or something. Have fun with your wheel. Hope it comes early in the day! That tired, huh? Perhaps might you be pregnant?
O I hope so! Wont know till you're here though, so we'll just have to wait and see. (I hate the waiting part)

BIG news! Katie woke up dry this morning so I 'made' her sit on the potty & she peed!!!! We made a HUGE deal out of it & even called my Grandma on the phone & she said becuase she was a big girl and peed on the potty that she had a surprise for her. Katie's so happy.

Gonna leave a note for the UPS man today, just incase I'm not here I'll have him leave it at the neighbors house & let them sign for it. He usually shows up between 4 & 7.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #11048
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Swinging in real fast to say hello...JD is home today...I've been busy but don't have a lot to show for it ...We have biddy practice tonight...Saturday is the last game ...today was also picture day at the school...didn't get any of the pictures though whoa on their prices...can get a better deal somewhere else and have them both in the shot

Okey dokey off to finish organizing Roo's room...family is coming up this week to see the final game...hoping my grandmother will make the trip up with my mom...

My grandfather is out of the hospital and was moved back to the nursing home...they are not sure when they will get him back in the assisted living housing.

I liked reading about ya'lls Halloween traditions...Carey there is a place up here that does that so we are going to do that on Halloween I think...although the kids are wanting to go back to town and trick or treat in their old stopping ground...not sure if I'll do that or not...

Gina~continued prayers

Carey~on the dryer!!

Julie~Did you get your wheel, do ya like it

Lisa~those boots are big here too...Roo wants a pair

Sue~Hope you have a good day of sales...your cards are so pretty!!

Chris~can't wait to see the kilt pictures

Jackie~I like the shorter needles too

Today it is warmer YAY...so gonna start taking down some stuff...I kept leaving out the patio stuff thinking it would warm up for days still to enjoy them...but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen...gotta go get more grain for the cows too...

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #11049
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
I don't know which is worst frogging knitting or frogging sewing. But then I have pulled out at least one pleat in every kilt I've made.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #11050
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
I don't know which is worst frogging knitting or frogging sewing. But then I have pulled out at least one pleat in every kilt I've made.
frogged sewing is a pain in the butt! but frogged knitting takes longer to get back to where you were. they're both a pain.

Dustina, no wheel yet, anytime between 4 & 7 tonight I look for it. I have a note on my door for him to deliver it accross the street if the van's no in the driveway.
Closed Thread