Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #1111
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Oh, yeah. I've called twice a week for the past two weeks! I'm at the top of the cancellation list and the office manager said she'd talk to her about trying to fit me in, since the hand therapist is VERY concerned and wants me in ASAP.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #1112
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Oh, yeah. I've called twice a week for the past two weeks! I'm at the top of the cancellation list and the office manager said she'd talk to her about trying to fit me in, since the hand therapist is VERY concerned and wants me in ASAP.
I was going to suggest calling every few days, but I guess you've got that covered. Keep at them. She must be good to have a long wait for appointments. Hang in there.....

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
G J (03-03-2008)
Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #1113
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Carla/1 to 1, you might as well join Sockamania ! You know we're all going to be discussing the pattern. Of course, at this point, you won't be getting the March pattern, I don't guess, but April's bound to be a nice Springy sock .... in more ways than 1......to......1 .

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
Old 03-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #1114
silegose
Knitting the Flap

jberry.... I am saved on one part. They are not toe up. It is a CO 66 (72) the cable starts right away. I dont know what kind it is though. I guess if I knew more about cables I would be able to tell you that but I dont.. Depending on the color you chose for the sock they can be for either or.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-03-2008)
Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #1115
Lieke
Working the Gusset

abbily, that sweater looks really great!

Fibernut, that really stinks. Hopefully you'll have better luck on the next SKP.

Dotty, your sock looks really great. I love its new colors.

TheKnitter, I really like the yarn you've sent. I mailed the yarn about 1 1/2 week ago and it would take 2-3 weeks to get to you, so you'll have to be a bit more patient. I hope it'll arrive really soon, so I can see what you make from the yarn. I've used the sachenmayr Bravo for DBF's vest and it's not bad for a acrylic yarn. I prefer cotton, but in winter, acrylic is a lot warmer. Personally, I don't like to much acrylic in my socks, because the acrylic makes my feet smell. I hope you'll like the cotton sock yarn as much as I do.

GJ, you're in my prayers. I now know how much it sucks not being able to knit, so I hope you'll get your appointment soon

I'm already on the heelturn of my sock, it's a real quick knit. I'm only knitting on the train yet, I can just manage the hour a day. I really need the relaxation in the train after a working day. It's to dark now to make pics from my sock in progress, but it's turning out really nice. I've been really lucky with the yarn and pattern combination, they are working perfect together (you'll understand what I'm babbling about when you see the pics)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
Abbily (03-03-2008), fibrenut (03-03-2008), G J (03-03-2008), The.Knitter (03-03-2008)
Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #1116
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
TheKnitter, I really like the yarn you've sent. I mailed the yarn about 1 1/2 week ago and it would take 2-3 weeks to get to you, so you'll have to be a bit more patient. I hope it'll arrive really soon, so I can see what you make from the yarn. I've used the sachenmayr Bravo for DBF's vest and it's not bad for a acrylic yarn. I prefer cotton, but in winter, acrylic is a lot warmer. Personally, I don't like to much acrylic in my socks, because the acrylic makes my feet smell. I hope you'll like the cotton sock yarn as much as I do.
I'm sure I'm going to love the cotton yarn. I know that I prefer cotton socks but had not been able to find any yarn that I liked. I love the picture I saw on the website. The colour is fabulous. I am trying hard to be patient.

I'm so glad you are able to knit again. That's great news. Don't push too hard though. You don't want permanent damage.

Happy Knitting my friend!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #1117
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Thank you, Miss Lieke ! Yes, take care of those knitting hands !

Miss Jules, thanks for asking......I'm keeping busy, which translates to staying happy. Mike doing well.......he can't tell any improvement, but I see more of the old Mike every now and then. He's able to talk to me a little more coherently, which helps with the loneliness........you just can't imagine how big a part of your day your usual interchange with your hubby is, until it's gone. You may not discuss world-changing topics, but it's important, just the same.
And I still have internet access, bringing all of my knitting friends into my craft room everyday.......THAT'S A HUGE HELP ! I love youse guys !

Hey, silegose, I was so excited to see that you added a link to your blog in your signature ! And then I went and visited and found a link to MY blog ! Yay.......I'm so tickled ! And you've got to know I love all the color............I LOVE COLOR!

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
Lieke (03-04-2008)
Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #1118
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Oh, Dotty, I'm so glad you are so open with us bout what's going on. We sure love you and your DH!

I can't imagine not talking to my DH. We talk about SO MUCH! You make me thankful! We'll keep you both in our prayers, too! I love the pics you have of Mike's hands working on the spoons on your blog. Lovely.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (03-03-2008)
Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #1119
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Dot... it took a few trys but I did get it

I was able to work a little on the puter when broden went down for a nap. He fell asleep on his own which is a good thing.

I was also working on the monkey heel grrr. then I messed up so I had to frog back. Now I am back to where I need to turn. I will work on that once I have the kids in bed this way I can think..

I too love color. I know once I really get the hang of dyeing yarn I will be in a lot of TROUBLE....

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #1120
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dotty: I am so glad that Mike is getting back to his normal self, even if it is slowly, at least there is progress! My DH has to do a lot of overtime right now, because we are paying off debts incurred when he was married to his first wife, before he can retire. I understand loneliness! There are days when I only see DH for an hour at night and most of that is spent with him sleeping on the couch in front of the TV, poor tired man! I am so glad you got to keep your internet. I know what a lifesaver it has been for me, so I can imagine what it's been for you!

Big hug my friend. Life is slowly improving for you!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (03-03-2008)
Closed Thread