Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #1141
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Jenny~I can't wait to see the socks...Hugs to you and Emily!! Have you let your dh know that he needs to come to the Any sock thread and let us know any updates

dotty~ohhh sooo pretty!! I love that color of yarn...Mike and you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. You have made me more thankful for the blessings in my life. JD is my best friend and I can't imagine not being able to communicate to him...He works long hours but calls me through out the day...and the weekends is just family time

The.Knitter~That's great that your dh wants more knit socks, I can't wait to see them...I hope you feel better soon

Gina~Your in my thoughts and prayers!! I hope you can get in soon

Carla~I'm finishing up the 5th repeat on the first one ... YAY for joining sockamania!!

Silegose~ "Mom can you" is used very often here

Lieke~YAY! for knitting!! I can't wait to see it

tangle~I hope you guys had a good trip...when you knit 2 at once could you put the extra on scrap yarn and just frog the one that is messed up? Then when you get the frogged sock back to where you left off with the 2nd just pick the 2nd sock up too ...I hope I get the Sockmania sock today

Julie Oh my stars...ya know that sounds like something I would try

Jackie~Hopefully you will hear back from the soon... I was outside yesterday and doing some spring cleaning

Knitgal~I'm so glad you had a good weekend and what a cute cat!! Can't wait to see the socks for your dbf's mom...

Tami~ Wax on...wax off... lol... If you don't get the pattern then I would e-mail them...

Lisa and Carey~ Good Morning!! (I always think of the song in Singing in the rain with Good Mornin' , Good Mornin'... )

My couch will be here tomorrow!! I can't wait...yesterday was so nice except for the wind...it was horrbile...but we still stayed outside for the biggest part of the afternoon and by the evening it had slowed down some...so I could knit without it tryin to blow everything away....I started some spring cleaning yesterday...solmething about nice sunny weather makes me have more energy and a need to get more stuff accomplished I love it!! Of course today it's raining and will turn back to snow tonight ....I guess it's better for March to come in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb...

Still waiting on the Sockmania sock...and SKP is on the 5th repeat...you only have to do 5 repeats so I should be able to finish the first today

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
knitgal (03-04-2008), Lieke (03-05-2008), The.Knitter (03-04-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #1142
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Still no sockamania pattern.........thank you for waiting, Julie!

Feel better The.Knitter.........sounds like you have just the right medicine,.......a sock you're enjoying ! Usually those mens socks are black or grey and BORING !

Dustina, I'm so glad you had a sunshine bursty energy day.......those are the best......mine was Saturday. Gets you through a lot of cloudy ones. Today is sunny but there's a smattering of snow on the ground, and it looks like it may have frozen my 7 Daffodil buds .

Loved the kitty picture........she looks like my Mimi ! Mimi loves me best right after a shower..........she zigzags between my legs and gives me little love bites on the calf,...........then she lies at my feet to be blow-dried while I dry my hair upside down. My dryer was dying and spitting fire, and I was trying to eek it through one last dry before I could get to the store to replace it, and she still had to be sure she got her 'drying' too !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
knitgal (03-04-2008), The.Knitter (03-04-2008)
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #1143
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Hey, it looks like she posted a picture of the March sock on the Sockamania page....I can't see the cables !........but still no winner of the yarn. Good luck girls !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #1144
1to1
Turning the Heel

Julie, You HAVE to put WARNINGS on things like that...like coffee may explode from your nose!!

I'm at work and had to stop reading this several times just so I wouldn't hurt myself from trying not to laugh out loud....and I've even read this before.

Thanks for the almost good laugh.
Carla

1to1
Old 03-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #1145
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by ...dotty... View Post
Hey, it looks like she posted a picture of the March sock on the Sockamania page....I can't see the cables !........but still no winner of the yarn. Good luck girls !
Man I wish we could make the pic bigger and see the cables! I want my pattern now!!! (ok now I sound like a spoiled brat in a candy/toy store). But I still want it. It's 4:30 pm there, where's our pattern?
Silegose what time did you get your pattern yesterday? Maybe she has to wait 24 hours
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #1146
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Here's a picture of DH's next sock. It's kind of dark, but you get the idea.... it's sitting on top of my file cabinet (which of course is RED) and sitting beside it is my new tape measure (again RED) that is designed to look like a lady bug! The tape comes out it's tail end and there is a button on it's tummy to make the tape retract. I think it's pretty cool, and it matches my "Merry" bag from Silver.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Puppy's 2nd socks 2 small.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	47216  

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #1147
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Got my 20 skeins of sock yarn today!!! It's sooo purty! And soft and everything! Now I wish I had my March pattern.
I'm really wanting to make a shawl too, like Cara did her woodland shawl-she's inspired me...& I have to have something to keep me busy while I wait for each months sock pattern right? Like I told dh, something to keep me from folding laundry and doing dishes.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #1148
silegose
Knitting the Flap

JB... I received it at 3:36 am is when it came to my inbox. I am on central time zone. I hope that helps.

I really don't understand why you all haven't recieved your patterns. I wish I could send them to you without punishment. Maybe that is a thought to help Anni out. Almost like a car pool...

Well I have been doing some swatches for the socks but havent found the yarn that I like. I am getting gauge so that is a good thing.

When doing a pattern such as cables what kind of yarn do you want to use. example solid, varigated, stripes etc....

1to1... I was laughing so hard Dh kept asking what is so funny. Finally he put his wii controler down just to see. He read it and was Even funnier is that HE truelly can not relate to what a waxing really feels like. I think I might offer to show him how a was job feels (like his leg)...

Has anyone else received sockamania pattern yet? hmmmm

happy all

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #1149
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya Dustina,
Mornin ya'll,
I haven't even gotten the invite to join yet. Nothin in my spam folder either. Wonder what is goin on? Kinda gettin discouraged just a we bit. O well.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #1150
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

I like more solid colors for cables because they tend to get lost with varigated yarns.
No Pattern yet here....I was really looking forward to getting it today. Tomorrow I have to get some more of the varicose/spider veins on my legs treated and I will sitting around all afternoon with my legs up. I could get a lot of knitting time in on it.

The knitter~I can't see the sock too well on my computer...I'll have to wait to get home to use DH's laptop. My monitor never shows the pics well.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-04-2008)
Closed Thread