Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #11501
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
YAY! The end of the cord is definitely bad. It's possible something inside is a little wonky, too, but replacing the end of the cord should help infinitely.
Rachejm - Good luck on your interview!!!!

Jess check eBay you may be able to buy a replacement power supply for less than the hassle of replacing the end.

I'm thinking of getting a second power supply to leave in my computer bag. Need to go some where just unplug and go, don't worry about power supply.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-13-2010), jess_hawk (01-12-2010), knit2btied (01-12-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #11502
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks for the help Chris, I'm still not 100% sure what I'll buy.

I had my first class yesterday it was great, did I tell y'all that? I dont remember who I told and where I typed it. Anyway not much going on here we're almost to freezing and it's going to be a pretty day, tomorrow we're expected to get rain/snow.

talk to you all later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-13-2010), knit2btied (01-13-2010)
Old 01-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #11503
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Hi everyone! I have fallen behind again. It has been crazy here that school is back full swing...the kids were in a bus accident on Monday (no one was hurt but it was very scary) soo that has took up a lot of my attention along with pto meetings, valentine meetings, dance, tutoring, and well I just haven't been home much since Monday. Tomorrow I'll be back at the school and then Friday for popcorn day. I would really really like to go to knit night tomorrow haven't been since June, but I don't know if that will happen. I knitted Roo a hat over the weekend and started her some mittens but haven't been able to touch my knitting since Sunday...

I hope you guys are all doing good and hope I can catch up soon!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-14-2010), jess_hawk (01-14-2010), knit2btied (01-14-2010)
Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #11504
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
I Subbed today so i was gone most of the day. I got Nick's hat about 3/4 done, but now my hands hurt. They did some work on the bathroom, but messed up the insulation (left in some moldy stuff) so they have to come back tomorrow and the tile guys couldn't do their work until the insulation is done. We should see some real progress tomorrow.

Jess, Glad your classes got rolling well! Be careful buying a power supply that's not from your computer's maker. DH bought a off-brand one and it fried his computer.

Rache, keep us posted! Practice interviewing! You'll do great!

Chris, we like you, too! You're part of this KAL (OUR meaning!)

Julie, YAY that your class looks good! I have a Dell. Sorry. It hasn't given me any problems, though and DH has the same one. Chris gave you good input. Don't buy too small memory/processor-wise! You'll only be frustrated! And since you're into photography, be sure you get enough memory!

CivicSista, thanks for sharing about yourself. Sorry to hear about your job. What a bummer, esp. after moving for it. There are some other racers on this KAL on occasion. I don't know much about the sport, so I'm not sure if it's the same as what you do.

Dustina, you sound SO BUSY! Be sure to take time to breathe! I'm so glad the kids are okay. It's scary when stuff happens like that. When DS was in middle school, his campus was hit by a tornado. VERY scary!

Still no change/word from Emmelyn. She's going to Dallas this weekend to see Amit. Keep her in your prayers. She's staying with an old room mate. Maybe they'll be able to talk and her eyes will be opened.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-14-2010), jberry16 (01-14-2010), jess_hawk (01-14-2010), knit2btied (01-14-2010), rachejm (01-14-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 AM   #11505
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
What is the matter - we went a whole day with out any posts

I can see me not posting I don't have an much of a life, get up go to work, work, drive back to work, eat, go to sleep. I hope everyone was so busy knitting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-15-2010), knit2btied (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #11506
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
No kidding, Chris! Where is everyone? I got on last night thinking the email notification wasn't working. Nope. My post from the previous day was the last one!

Hope y'all are doing well!

Christine, how's therapy going? I flared up my neck/arm knitting to much while subbing the other day and I thought of you.

Carey, is work a bit more secure now or is it still iffy?

Julie, did you have your 2nd class yet? How was it?

Emily, how are the critters?

Rache, when is the interview?

Ann, what kind of house are you looking for? Finding a first house is so exciting, but it can be frustrating finding something that fits the budget and provides what you need and want!

CivicSista, how's the sock coming along? Any issues you need help with?

Dustina, Did you get more snow? We're supposed to have a very wet weekend, but nothing white!

Jackie, how's Singapore these days? What's your weather like this time of year? Any knitting going on?

Knit2B, how's life treating you? Any "plain vanilla" socks to show us?

Sue, anything new going on in your life? How are your cards coming along?

Carla, if you're not knitting socks, what are you doing? Knitting other stuff? Or not?

Lieke, how's the job? Are you still enjoying it?

Courtney, what's keeping you busy now that the yarn shop is closed?

Mary, how's life treating you?

Dotty, I check your blog every once in awhile. Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! How have you been?

We had our knitting group at church last night. We had nine people, including one guy. I ended up teaching/helping instead of knitting, but I enjoy that, so it's all good. So far we've made 15 prayer shawls and 24 washcloths. We donated the washcloths to a Ronald MacDonald House in New York that has been a huge blessing to one of our church families whose kids have had to go there for major surgeries.

Today, they come to tile! I hope it looks good and holds water!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-15-2010), jberry16 (01-15-2010), knit2btied (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #11507
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
hi guys, yesterday was a BUSY day.
went to my second class and then went to eat lunch with my Mom and then to clean my Grandma's house and then to run a couple errands and got home just about 5:30, left at 8:30 and we ate dinner and then I was so tired we just played online for a minute and went to bed. Today is laundry and getting ready for tomorrows first lab class, and other stuff too...

Hope everyone is well, talk toyou later
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-15-2010), knit2btied (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #11508
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hey Sockster,

I'm working on a pair of socks....well actually two pairs. I'm doing the Basic Sock with gusset from Wendy Johnson and the Window Pane socks. I started on the Window Panes back in 09/08. It has so many cables going this way and that way so it is hard to work on without sitting in my recliner with my ott light. On the basic sock I am doing them two at a time toe-up will probably just K2P2 rib it so hopefully mindless knitting. I'm using the Magic Stripes-Denim Stripes that Dotty told us about being on sale for $1.50 way back when.

On other news, everything is going great. DD14 is still dating her first boyfriend... 8 mos already. DS16 is taking behind the wheel (our schools are behind on getting the kids their license by their 16th birthday). He is a very good driver and I don't worry about him. DH just finished his Masters and he is always looking for something to do. I told him I'd show him how to knit but he hasn't taken me up on it yet.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

1to1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-15-2010), jberry16 (01-15-2010), knit2btied (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #11509
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by G J View Post

CivicSista, how's the sock coming along? Any issues you need help with?
I haven't had much time to work on it, so busy. Just started classes, looking for a job, and working almost 35 hours a week. I also need to finish knitting a blanket for my mom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CivicSista For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #11510
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by G J View Post

Rache, when is the interview?
Interview is on Tuesday! Scary!

I haven't been doing a whole lot lately. I spent most of yesterday waiting for my parcel to come...and it arrived at 2pm. I bought a Nintendo Wii. Then I played bowling, a lot.

Today was school, I spent the whole day there instead of just staying for the morning. The class teacher has alternate Friday mornings for planning time and I needed to speak to her. As today was her morning off I decided to stick around for the afternoon to discuss writing me a reference for my interview (which I will probs have to post to them afterwards but they can't seriously expect me to be able to get a reference letter at such short notice, particularly as I'm there as a volunteer/work placement student). We also discussed the observation that I have to do for my course. I need to book it soon but can't yet because I want to do some kind of science experiment and that will require planning which means getting hold of the science planning for the term. Anyway, I'm exhausted.

Hope everything is ok for everyone!

xxx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread