Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #11521
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, The gall of some people. When my husband was pastoring a church, the church was broken into twice and sound equipment and stuff like that was taken.
Hope your lab goes well tomorrow!

Carla, good to hear from you. Life changes when there's a driver in the family. Show us pics of your socks when you get a chance!

CivicSista, Looking for a job? What kind? Sounds like you already have one!

Rache, hope your interview is awesome! Be sure to get enough sleep the night before! HOpe your teacher gave you a reference letter. Be sure to keep copies so you can use it in the future!

Emily, you made me laugh. First, your critters. Then the alarm clock. Sorry, but your confusion was my laugh for the day! But the bed has to be frustrating. I try really hard not to impose my taste on my kids, but I'm not always good at it. I confuse who likes what and what I like. Sorry your folks aren't doing it your way. At least you're handy and can make adjustments, but kind of a pain to even HAVE to!

Chris, I agree about futons. UGH!

Knit2B, the scarf is LOVELY! Isn't there a palindrome hat pattern, too? I was considering something along those lines for a hat for DS's GF.

Here's the progress made so far on the shower. You can see more pictures on my Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathrooom Progress Postable.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	54029  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-18-2010), jberry16 (01-18-2010), rachejm (01-18-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:07 AM   #11522
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Originally Posted by G J View Post

Knit2B, the scarf is LOVELY! Isn't there a palindrome hat pattern, too? I was considering something along those lines for a hat for DS's GF.

Here's the progress made so far on the shower. You can see more pictures on my Facebook page.
The shower looks so nice and clean! Happy happy!

There is a hat pattern, and I'm considering it. First though I have to make scarves also for the brother and sister. Brother's is done, but no picture yet, sister's is maybe two 1/2 feet long now. Want to get them done before it's too warm for them.

I had to frog a sweater I had started for the sister last year and didn't finish in time before she grew. (cry) I'm using the sweater yarn for the same child. I don't know why I slowed down on the sweater when I had body and one sleeve nearly finished!

I did at least take a photo before I frogged it! It was purple with a pink stripe, but the picture looks blue. Want to see?
Attached Images:

The Following User Says Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #11523
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Emily, you made me laugh. First, your critters. Then the alarm clock. Sorry, but your confusion was my laugh for the day! But the bed has to be frustrating. I try really hard not to impose my taste on my kids, but I'm not always good at it. I confuse who likes what and what I like. Sorry your folks aren't doing it your way. At least you're handy and can make adjustments, but kind of a pain to even HAVE to!
First, glad the shower is coming along!
Lets see if I can give you some more amusement.
I was watching a movie on my computer tonight, when suddenly it got dark. Like, really dark. And city-streetlight-through-miniblinds is not dark at all: I have excellent night vision, so when I say "really dark" I mean, it's cloudy/foggy outside, and the electricity went out for the entire area. The mice thought it was great, until they realized I hadn't fed them yet, at which point they started squabling, so I had to go find their food and serve dinner. Did I mention that my flashlight has no batteries, and I'm not sure I could find it anyway? I had the brightness on my computer screen turned down to save money, too. So there I am, trying to get rodent food into their little tiny bowl, without being able to see either, and then feed them without releasing any of them. Then, I put blankets over their cage and Kitten's cage, in case the electricity didn't come back for a while - I have a corner room with a big window, and it really doesn't take long to lose heat. Most people would be worried about keeping themselves warm if their room got down below freezing... no, I know I can keep myself nice and toasty. I was worried about my betta fish freezing.
In other news, I just ordered a German language copy of one of my favorite books, Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (best werewolf series ever written, IMHO. Can I take Sam home with me? Do you suppose my landlord would notice a 200+ lb werewolf taking up residence in my studio?). I'm so excited to get some fresh practice in on my german!
Julie - sorry to hear about your church's windows. It's just a pain, isn't it? I kind of feel sorry for the kind of person who thinks it's a good idea to throw rocks at church windows. Obviously they were never taught respect.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-18-2010), jberry16 (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #11524
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Jess

Have Sam bite the landlord - then he will be in Sam's power. Since Sam will be held in the power of a beautiful woman the landlord will also be in your power. No rent, all the heat you want and Sam.

Julie
What can be said about hate and stupidity, neither show much intelligence. I hope this act helps your church grow together and in the spirit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-18-2010), jess_hawk (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #11525
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina the bathroom looks great sofar! Love the tile.

Lab is on Saturday and went well, we got to play with 'fake blood' and determine what the different 'people's' blood type was and their Rh factor, pretty interesting. I like learning about blood. Did you know your waste is that color because of the dead blood cells that are broken down? Interesting huh? ok so maybe its gross too but I dont think so.

The Church window thing was wierd for me, I'd never had to experience someone vandelizing our Church. Granted this is a mission Church out in the middle of almost nowhere. I was in shock. But apparently it wasn't the first time and the church has an alarm, but who's going to hear it out there? At any rate what they did was wrong and having to explain the incident to the kids was wierd. Jacob was pretty upset about it, called the vandals nuckle heads. lol.

Ok well enough of that, in other news I am asking for some prayers for my 80 year old spry Grandmother who had a colonoscopy in Dec and has had problems since then. She said she feels like she's having labor pains when she sits, stands or walks so hopefully we can get her in for an ultrasound to see if we can see why. She's super healthy and so I'll keep you updated. But she's spent most of the last couple days in bed and she never rests during the day, not even a nap or anything. She's always on the go. Mom's going to take her if she can get a morning appointment if not we'll be taking her.
If we dont take her to the doc. then we'll go to the zoo this morning. This week dh is off from Wed on so that'd be fun to go with him later BUT we're going to have rain forcasted from tomorrow thru Saturday.

OK well I guess I'll talk to y'all later and keep you updated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-18-2010), knit2btied (01-19-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #11526
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

CivicSista, Looking for a job? What kind? Sounds like you already have one!
The restaurant I work (maggiano's) for is closing on the 25th. It hit the news stations last week monday, and we have been so crazy since then! I guess it is good, but I am exhausted.

I have an interview at 3 today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CivicSista For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #11527
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

ohhh forgot to put in here last night I waiting on a family of 4, and the mom was knitting a sock, while waiting for the food to arrive. I told her I just started my first sock. are you here, i think it was Mandy.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CivicSista For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #11528
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone.

I haven't totally forgotten you all. Just keeping myself busy and keeping off message boards.

Hope everyone is well, I quickly scanned the posts.

Gina: Glad the bathroom is finally getting fixed. Looks great in the picture. I am sure you will feel so mach better about the house when the work is finished.

Julie: How horrible for your church, but like you said compared to Haiti, that is such a minor thing.

Christine: Hope things are progressing well for you.

Dustina: You must be keeping busy. Do the buggies still go past your house in the bad weather?

I have been asked to make some knitting cards for lys, so I guess I will get the needles out again.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #11529
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Knit2B, so sad to have to frog a sweater! Did you already do it? Otherwise, could you just add gussets and some length to make it bigger or is it knit in one piece?

Emily, your critters certainly keep you (and me!) entertained! Did you get your power back on?

Julie, I find that stuff interesting, too. Glad you enjoyed the lab! Hope your grandma is okay. I'll say prayers for her!

CivicSista, how did the interview go? What kind of job?

Sue, I hope you're right that I'll start liking this house better. I'm still not fond of it.

They finished the tile on the shower today and they measured for the glass/door. There's still drywall work to be finished and I don't know when that will be done. DS took the jet things off the tub this weekend. FILTHY! I soaked, scrubbed and then put them through the dishwasher today and got them much cleaner. The tub itself will need a major scrubbing, too. I'm not going to do that until the work in the bathroom is finished, though. Maybe by Friday?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Tile Postable.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	54042  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-19-2010), jberry16 (01-19-2010), knit2btied (01-19-2010)
Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #11530
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Rejoining a provisional cast on
I don't know if that title is correct but I need help.

I just finished a beret for a cousin, hopefully she will not notice the unintended design feature. I need to finish off the second sock for her sister, and then work on finishing DSWMBO shawl. So I am starting to plan my next effort. I am going to do something for me, a pair of basic kilt hose or possibly and adaptation of the Midsummer night's dream to kilt hose.

However, instead of the standard kilt hose fold over I want to do a Hose collar. This is a separate item that fits at the top of the hose to cover the top ribbing. Because it is separate you can use the base hose for different occasions, a fancy collar for a fancy occasion and a "plain" collar for general wear.

Now to the question. Many of the patterns I like would be easier to knit flat and joined into the collar. I understand the provisional cast-on but I am not sure how you would join the two ends so the join would not show. Would Kirchner Stitch, three needle bind off work? What is the best join in your opinion.

Thanks to all!

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (01-19-2010)
Closed Thread