Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #11611
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Gina, cut yourself some slack there, will you? You know that the chemical stuff in our brains can really play havoc with us at times. Maybe you should let your doctor know that the new stuff is not doing it for you?

(((**HUGS**)))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-31-2010), G J (02-01-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #11612
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Gina: Sometimes it is very hard to see the sunshine through the rain, but you have to keep trying. I understand how hard it is, but you have to try to stay positive. Chemical imbalance in the system is very hard on a person. Blame it all on the meds, I do and it works wonderfully! Keep smiling, because it makes everyone wonder what you are up to (or it just makes them think you are crazy, but either way you get the last laugh).

The house will be finished soon and things will look brighter once everything is organized. That is what the problem is, you are not in control right now and it is setting you up for upset. Instead of being upset, think "in a few weeks this will all be over and the nightmare will be behind me!!"

Hugs Hon,
Christine

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Julie, you're so on top of it to get started on the Easter dresses in January! Way to go!

Rache, Good program! The world needs more good teachers!

I've been really discouraged lately. I think it's because I can't get my regular thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) and had to go on synthetic thyroid and I'm all teary and sad. I went to a women's retreat at church this weekend, helped lead the music and it went really well, but I just feel like such a failure. My business sucks, my house STILL isn't finished, our new neighborhood is not friendly at all, my daughter won't talk to me about her fiance or her plans, I've agreed to do a job I will be underpaid for and I will have to do much more work than I expected. I'm having a hard time seeing the good side of life. Sorry for being Debbie Downer. I KNOW in my head I have a lot to be thankful for, but I'm just not feeling it.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-31-2010), G J (02-01-2010), knit2btied (01-31-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #11613
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina Ditto to the 2 posts above, but besides that...go
Emelynn will come around, can you call any of her close girlfriends to see what's going on? Surely they'd let you know what's going on. What's that saying, the chickens always come home to roost with the hens or something like that. If you want me to talk to her I will, just pm me or txt me her # I'm not sure what I'd say but I've been in her shoes to an extent & might be able to relate with/to her.
As for your bathroom, think like Scarlet O'Hare in Gone with the Wind. Remember that part in the movie when all hell breaks loose and she says, "I couldn't possibly deal with that today, tomorrow is another day." or something like that. Take that attitude, it will releave some stress. I'm the type of person that when I want something done I'll go as far as to do it myself (even if I dont have a clue as to how to do it) rather than wait for someone else to do it or help me.

Please call your doc in the morning and tell them the 'side effects' your having with these new meds, that's something they NEED TO KNOW. promise! I'm here if you wanna chat, just call me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-31-2010), G J (02-01-2010), knit2btied (01-31-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #11614
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Seconding (and thirding) everything above, Gina, and ! In particular, I like this advice:
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
[...]think like Scarlet O'Hare in Gone with the Wind. Remember that part in the movie when all hell breaks loose and she says, "I couldn't possibly deal with that today, tomorrow is another day." or something like that. Take that attitude, it will releave some stress.
Do only as much as you can handle each day, and when you get overwhelmed and discouraged... this is HUGE... STOP! Take a break, and do whatever you have to to recharge yourself. If that means knitting, or taking a walk, or reading a book, do it, and while you are doing it, don't worry about anything. Things have this funny way of working themselves out, or not, whether we are worried about them or not... so take the time to not worry.
And remember we're all here for you when you need it. You're here for us, too!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-31-2010), G J (02-01-2010), jberry16 (01-31-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #11615
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi

thanks dustina - after a long away from here, the nice feeling come back again

so, how is everyone

me ? as usual - nothing much

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-01-2010), G J (02-01-2010), jberry16 (02-01-2010), jess_hawk (02-01-2010), knit2btied (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #11616
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Who is this mystery guest Jackie Lim that is signing in? Welcome back how are you doing?

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #11617
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Knit2B, Christine, Julie, Emily, Jackie, THANK YOU!
You're right, Knit2B, I do need to cut myself some slack. I'm SO hard on myself! I think I see these ideals of what people are like and I'm SO not there or even close.

Christine, I do need to keep holding onto that. It WILL be over soon. (But my mind says, "and then you'll be working that JOB!" UGH!) I'll try to keep smiling. (Thinking of the episode of "Big Bang Theory" when Sheldon forced a smile.) (Bares Teeth)

Julie, I think DD would feel like I'm trying to gang up on her if I call her friends. It's tempting, though. I'll think about it. I don't know many of her friends well and I think they'd tell her I talked to them. SO tempting, though. I asked her last night if she considered us close and she said yes. Then why doesn't she TALK to me? (Probably b/c she knows I'm not happy with her relationship.)

Emily, your advice to take time NOT to worry is good. hard to follow, but good. I have a hard time stopping my mind.

WARNING MEN, THIS WILL BE TMI FOR YOU!
My cycle is TOTALLY off. I only have about two weeks before my period starts again, which means I have only ONE WEEK that I'm not an emotional WRECK! I have bad PMS--especially the mood part, so I don't know whether to blame my emotional state on that or the thyroid meds. I think the cycle is off b/c DD moved home and I'm syncing up to her. (Thank, sweetie!) UGH! My doctor is recommending that I have thermal ablation Have any of you had the ablation done?

Jackie, good to hear from you! Your life has to have more than "not much" in it! Is it cold by you or still hot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-01-2010), knit2btied (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #11618
jberry16
Instepping Out

WARNING MEN, THIS WILL BE TMI FOR YOU!
My cycle is TOTALLY off. I only have about two weeks before my period starts again, which means I have only ONE WEEK that I'm not an emotional WRECK! I have bad PMS--especially the mood part, so I don't know whether to blame my emotional state on that or the thyroid meds. I think the cycle is off b/c DD moved home and I'm syncing up to her. (Thank, sweetie!) UGH! My doctor is recommending that I have thermal ablation Have any of you had the ablation done?
Why is your doc recommending you have a thermal ablation? Sounds to me like a procedure that would help with endometriosis? I know that you can sync your cycles with your DD & PMS does aweful things to us, but I still think that you need to talk to your doc. esp. if you think you're "moody" more than when you're just PMSing.

As for your DD thinking you're close to eachother but her not talking to you, I think that's just her trying to assert (sp?) herself and be a 'woman' who's engaged. Do you think they've moved further into the relationship, as in marital acts? If so she may be more apt to stick close to him and distance herself from you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #11619
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, I have endometriosis. I had laparoscopy for it about 20 years ago and they said it was bad then. It wasn't cured by that, just cleaned out, so they're assuming it's bad again b/c of my symptoms. I have really bad periods and now they're more frequent as well. UGH! It's hard to tell if I'm moody just when PMSing b/c I feel like I'm ALWAYS PMSing. I'll call my doc about the thyroid thing, b/c yes, I am way too emotional lately.
As for DD, she is waiting until marriage for sex and has assured me of this and continues to do so. He doesn't go to church anymore unless she drags him. They're just SO NOT EQUAL in what they value! As you know, that's just a tiny bit of my concern.....

They didn't show AGAIN today to finish the bathroom, despite three calls to the supervisor. GRRRRRRRRRR! Now I have to go to the dentist so it won't happen at all today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #11620
jberry16
Instepping Out

Julie, I have endometriosis. I had laparoscopy for it about 20 years ago and they said it was bad then. It wasn't cured by that, just cleaned out, so they're assuming it's bad again b/c of my symptoms. I have really bad periods and now they're more frequent as well. UGH! It's hard to tell if I'm moody just when PMSing b/c I feel like I'm ALWAYS PMSing. I'll call my doc about the thyroid thing, b/c yes, I am way too emotional lately.
As for DD, she is waiting until marriage for sex and has assured me of this and continues to do so. He doesn't go to church anymore unless she drags him. They're just SO NOT EQUAL in what they value! As you know, that's just a tiny bit of my concern.....

They didn't show AGAIN today to finish the bathroom, despite three calls to the supervisor. GRRRRRRRRRR! Now I have to go to the dentist so it won't happen at all today.
Didn't know you had endo. I'd see if there's a forum out there somewhere where they discuss med. proceedures like that to see if you could talk to others who have it done. I dont know anything about it personally, I've thought that I may have a bit of endo. myself but things have been better after having the kids. well till the last couple months, big time cramps and heavy bleeding & I don't feel labor pains till I'm 10cm and pushing so I have a high tolerance.
As for DD I'm glad to hear that she's waiting! That's awesome, so many dont do that anymore but it sure makes the wedding night something special. I'd mention to her that you noticed that he's not joining her at Church and see how she'd feel if his family pushed their beliefs on her babies, and how about if she had to take her babies to Church by herself? Maybe have her daddy talk to her?
Sorry they didn't show again, butt heads, tomorrow is another day. Hope things go well at the dentist.
we're here for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread