Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #11891
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Jess: Thanks for the chuckle. I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you! My butt has ummmmm shall we call it expanded since I was stuck in a mostly vegatative state for several months. If it went into my mouth it stuck onto my butt or thighs. I have never been overweight before so this is new for me. I am glad the nice weather is here and I am going to start walking to see if I can shed some of these butt pounds.

The gusset on sock #2 is finished and I am on to the foot part of the sock. I have nine repeats of the 5 row pattern. It should not take long. Then I have the toes, which never take a long time to do and I can get this WIP turned into an FO, mailed away and I can start on the 1936 pattern I found which is very similar to today's shrug. I have a girlfriend who is not well, so I thought this thing would be the perfect bed jacket, if I can manage it. I'll never know if I can do it unless I try!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-26-2010), jess_hawk (03-26-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #11892
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I got my shelves for my bed! I'm putting them up tonight. One step closer to being finished (I'm still slowly working on painting. Stenciling is a much slower process than I thought.)

I'm not a fan of the drive home and back, but this weekend the boss begged; next weekend is Easter; a couple weekends after that is my cousin's wedding shower. I need to start looking into books on tape again... or maybe a learn-in-the-car foreign language.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-28-2010)
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #11893
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Jess do you do books on tape or cd?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #11894
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

lol, I mean audiobooks... actually for my iPod. I'm 23 and I'm already old, sigh.

and I believe I've mentioned before that I can't stand listening to most of them. The voice-acting is often overdone, almost patronizing, and irritates the heck out of me. But I've been listening to samples of some travel anecdotes. The ones that are written more as journals and are read like a person telling a story (or better yet, there are a select few that are written by Travel Channel people, and narrated by the author; Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods has one like that), and I find them easier to listen to.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #11895
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
I've missed some of you! Where have you been?

We've been working on the yard. I'm totally exhausted! I went to knit night Thursday, but mostly taught others to knit. I haven't knit in awhile!

Christine, I don't feel like I'm post-op any more. My neck and shoulders give me trouble and so does the rest of my body if I'm not careful. If only I was more careful! If only I had more stamina and strength! I'm so glad you're doing better! Have a good trip!

Emily, You're one busy person! Can't wait to see pics of your bed.
I LOVE audio books in the car. I'm listening to a Dean Koontz novel right now. Kind of creepy, but very well done.

Time for bed. I have a busy week ahead.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-29-2010)
Old 03-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #11896
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hey all,

Sorry I've been AWOL! I have been reading, just not posting.

Hope you are all well.

I've been busy with work, the hours shot up once business picked up since we lost a few staff over the quiet period and are short staffed until the boss hires someone new. There are more staff planning to leave over the next couple of months too so things could get fun (its bad enough now!).

Still doing college and my volunteering at school too so its all keeping me busy. Tomorrow is my last night at college before the Easter break and since I do Fridays at school and this Friday is Good Friday I will get three weeks off school. I have to work Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday but after that it looks like work might be going quiet for the Easter break too so I might get time to knit soon!

I'm not happy about working Easter Sunday! My Mom bought me an Easter Egg to make me feel better. She's working on the principle that chocolate will cheer me up when I get home from an awful day (the hotel is FULL!) and they've all had a lovely day going out for lunch and visiting family.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, at least I have some work, even if its not the days I wanted.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-29-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #11897
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

It's been a really strange, wild couple of weeks mentally/emotionally. The big things:
I've been on two dates with a guy I just met. I like having a boyfriend, and all that goes along with it (I have strictly enforced boundaries, though)... but I thought I was over the petrified-in-terror-at-being-within-reach thing. Nope. I don't know what to do about this. My ex had the advantages of infinite patience and being someone I already knew and trusted, and this guy lacks both.
I found out this weekend that my dad's dad was divorced. I've spent my entire life under the impression that his first wife died - he raised their two children, my dad's half-siblings. Grandpa died when I was in first grade. It doesn't change who he was, but it frustrates me when seventeen years after he died, I learn something like that, because it makes me feel like I didn't know him at all, but he's been a huge influence in my life. For one thing, he's the one who taught me to love birds.
And just now, I got a notification that because I have not yet registered for GEO 305, they have given the spot that was being held for me to another student.
I'm furious. The reason I haven't registered for it? I needed an override and never received notification that it had been granted so that I COULD register. In fact, on Friday I went in to the department office to ask about it, where they were less than helpful. In fact, they kind of stared at me like I had three heads.
I sent the professor a polite email apologizing and explaining that I had no idea I could register for this course, that I do still need to take it if possible this semester; What I really wanted to send was a heartfelt, "WTF!? Way to tell me I had a spot BEFORE you took it away from me." But I didn't.

Sorry for the downer/rant, I'm just really frustrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #11898
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
warning, rant ahead.
sorry I've been gone too. Just too busy working my butt off studying & not getting the grades I think I deserve. On my lecture mid-term I got a 66% so that now puts me at a 76% for the class, I'm not sure what my midterm lab grade is yet because i just took it Sat. and wont know till this comming Sat what I got. Also we just started the urinary system and holy crap! is that full of 100% new words, things, etc and I'm so confused. After 30 min of lecture I was ready for a nap, too much information all at once and no time to digest it. I also have a terrible headache because of the hight of the ponytail I put in my hair this morning, it's now in a french braid. I'm super stressed and could just cry. (Can PMS start 2 weeks before 'due date' I'm thinking it's part of my problem if it's possible.) Also I have a quiz on Sat about the urinary system and my last 'true' day to study with kids at school is today and I'm so burned out right now I can't even think about it. Tomorrow Bailey's off because it's Wed. and Jacob's only going 1/2 day & then Thurs, Fri & Mon (I think Mon.) I'll have all 3 at home so I can forget studying then too. And I will have a quiz on the urinary system in lecture next Tues. Can you say flunk? I'm so mad.
Also FIL is taking the race car that Brian made his brother the driver of last summer to the track on Sat from 10-4 and so I could study then, but then can I really trust them to deal with the race car and watch 3 kids at a race track? Not really - so I'm dealing with that issue too and am actually kinda pissed that I'm supposed to deal with the kids, house and my own school while Dh is just working 5 days a week and expects to be able to 'relax' and do nothing on Sat & Sun while I continue to do my daily $hit. Not only that but I get Jacob to do his math and writing homework on a daily basis but we NEVER read at night because I'm too tired and dont have the mind energy to 'deal' with him learning to read; I'm so stressed I dont know what to do. Mom said make Brian read with him when he gets home at night, which is at the earliest 6:45 and then we eat, say prayers, bath and go to bed so there's really no 'down' time to read with him and that makes me mad too.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed someone to 'talk to' and you guys were picked. THanks for listening.

O and Jess I haven't done anything with the test socks, I feel like a failure but I dont think I can do them anytime soon. My earliest timeframe would mabe be this summer. I'm sorry. I told you I'd do it and I just cant. (I honestly dont know where my printed pattern is anyway)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-30-2010), jess_hawk (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #11899
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
I sent the professor a polite email apologizing and explaining that I had no idea I could register for this course, that I do still need to take it if possible this semester;
Jess_hawk can you talk to the prof. face to face, I find it hard to believe that there isn't room for one more.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #11900
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
so I'm dealing with that issue too and am actually kinda pissed that I'm supposed to deal with the kids, house and my own school while Dh is just working 5 days a week and expects to be able to 'relax' and do nothing on Sat & Sun while I continue to do my daily $hit.
I wish I knew when this concept developed? Yes I sort of know but that doesn't make it right. With three kids, no matter how darling the little brats are, it is still hard work all day long. Depending on what the man does he may come home brain dead, but the DW is physically exhausted. The load should be shared, it will never be equal but it should be shared.

Hold it I'm being told by the Men's Union shop Steward that my membership is being reviewed.

Closed Thread