Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #111
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I have 1/2" left on the foot of the first sock and then the toe decreases and the grafting. Then it will be done. I was aiming for finishing it today, but my guilt trips over laundry and cleaning and dishes got to me, so I did that first. Now that I am finished, I am going back to my beloved's sock and hope that no one disturbs me until it is finished!!! I think he is really going to like these socks (I hope). They will keep his feet lovely and warm.

OMG I am sooooooo addicted to this new adventure! I wonder if I need knitting intervention? The neighbour upstairs was just telling me there is a person who lives one street over that knits all the time. I told the neighbour to tell this woman to come over and bring her knitting. I would love to have someone to knit with. I sit here day after day all alone, knitting. I've tried to find knitting groups, but they are all pretty far away. I hope this woman shows up. It would be really nice for me, and for her as well I hope!

Abbily: I hope your ML experiment goes well for you.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #112
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Can I join? I saw the KAL from before, but I didn't want to join partway in. I'm on my second pair of socks and I think I'm addicted too. They're just so satisfying.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #113
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

C'mon in, everyone is welcome! Bring your knitting bag, your dpn's, your sock yarn, your nice warm drink and have a seat. Remember to check your chair before you sit down in case there is a sock on it, or worse yet, a dpn. Now THAT would hurt!

What are you working on Ann? I'm doing Silver's Sock Tutorial.....

Old 02-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #114
knitgal
Working the Gusset

I'm using "Just yer basic sock pattern" that I found on Ravelry. So far so good. I'm right at the toe decreases and it's a little different than my last pair. My last pair said to end with 7 stitches on each needle and so 14 on the two for the grafting. This one says 4- so it's a little more pointy.
I'm using Austermann Step- it has jojoba oil and aloe in it- the DBF is spoiled!

FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #115
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Ahhh so you are doing the same thing as me? I am making my first ever pair of sox for my DH for Valentine's Day. What better way to show him I love him than to spend a week on one sock, and a week on another? At least he knows where I am when I am knitting him sox, and that means I am not at the LYS spending his money (YET) LOL!

Yours sound nice. Is that a free pattern? Do you have a link for it? Would you consider sharing that link if you do have one?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #116
knitgal
Working the Gusset

It's free- just look on my Ravelry and you'll see the pattern.
What sock yarn are you using since you're allergic to wool? The DBF's sister is allergic to wool too and eventually I want to make her a pair.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #117
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

For this pair I am using Bernat Satin Sport in a colourway called Seashore, but for the next pair (which are to be for me I am told) I am going to buy some Cascade Fixation if I can find a nice red colourway. I am using US #3 dpn's. They are about the thickness of a sport sock, if you understand what I mean.

The Cascade Fixation has a bit of elastic in it, so it will keep the socks up where you put them once you have them on. I was told it was machine washable, but then someone in here told me it was not, and then someone else told me it was again. I am hoping it is washable, even if I have to lay flat to dry.

Good luck finding something she will like. Try Mary Maxim, they have a ton of sock yarns and are bound to have something hypoallergenic (I hope, because that is where I shall end up too).

Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #118
knitgal
Working the Gusset

I heard good things about Cascade Fixation too- apparently it's one of Ann Budd's favourite sock yarns and you know I like anyone with the name Ann!
I read about one called "On your toes Bamboo". I've also heard about Panda Cotton, but I'm not sure how well that one wears.
I checked their website and it says that their yarn is available at Len's Mill Store here in Brantford, so I'll check next time I go.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #119
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Hmmm a bamboo sock yarn! That sounds interesting. I didn't know you had a Len's Mill in Brantford. I thought there was only one in Cambridge (Hespeler). I am on the hunt now to see if I can find the Cascade Fixation anywhere near here. Good luck with your hunt too!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #120
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Evening Socksters!!

tangle~You will get more used to them as you go and your tension will even out

Jodi~I hope you get to knit this weekend...I'm hoping I can too

Carla~ A sockathon sounds like fun ...

Abbily~You shouldn't have any problem at all

The.Knitter~ I hope she stops by...that would be neat

Knitgal~ Welcome to the KAL!!

I've used Panada's cotton before and it's sooo soft to knit with... I gave them away though so I'm not sure how it wears... I have more to make me a pair...and then mom just bought 1 skein so she gave it to me when she realized she needed 2...I'm going to try and get Roo a pair out of it...

Julie~ Did you get your pattern today? I read where she sent the first half out...I should get mine tomorrow...someone has posted a preview of the Feb sock on Socakamania and it's cute...perfect for Feb...

No knitting for me today...hopefully tomorrow I can...I was hoping to have the mittens done to wear to the sale on Sunday...not gonna happen now

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jodstr2 (02-02-2008), knitgal (02-01-2008), tangle2007 (02-01-2008)
Closed Thread