Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #11991
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Christine
I can remember not long ago hearing you could not focus because of the pain meds. Lose of focus because you are coming off the meds will also pass.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (05-09-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #11992
cacunn
Instepping Out

The socks from hell are done
A year ago at my cousins wedding I told her I would knit her a pair of socks. I could not find yarn or a pattern I liked. One day when I stopped by a LYS I found Serendipitous Ewe yarns. A local dyers of yarns.

I liked the the yarn but did not find a color I liked. A few months later at the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival Serendipitous Ewe had a booth. When looking at their yarn I saw Golden Lotus a golden tonal yarn that I really liked.

I has taken me over six months to finish the socks. Other project would slip in. Finally they are finished,

For the next couple of months it is knitting only for me!

jess_hawk (05-08-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #11993
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
35" now and plodding along.
You've done 35 inches of knitting on ONE PROJECT?
I tried to make a scarf once. I got bored and stopped when it had reached minimum wrap distance... about 30 inches. If you stretched it.
So I am suitably impressed with your progress, even if you weren't having medication issues. Doubly impressed with the withdrawal.

Chris, those socks are beautiful. I love that color!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (05-08-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #11994
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Happy Mothers Day to all the mommies on here!

Katie woke at 4:30 this morning with a headache and fever...not what I was hoping would happen today. o well, part of being a mommy right.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #11995
cacunn
Instepping Out

Julie
who did she call for, but her trusted Mommy.

Happy Mothers day to all.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #11996
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Happy Mother's Day, everybody!

I called my mom to wish her happy mother's day, and she was complaining that my brother's new girlfriend is a brunette. "I want blond grandbabies. Blond babies are better than brunettes."

Gee, thanks for the self esteem boost, mom. love you too.

(the blond grandbabies thing is a long-standing joke regarding my brother's girlfriends, but still...)
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #11997
cacunn
Instepping Out

Emily
You would be great to us even if you were bald.

jess_hawk (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #11998
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
You've done 35 inches of knitting on ONE PROJECT?
I tried to make a scarf once. I got bored and stopped when it had reached minimum wrap distance... about 30 inches. If you stretched it.
So I am suitably impressed with your progress, even if you weren't having medication issues. Doubly impressed with the withdrawal.
Jess: Yes, I have knit 35" on a project which will not be finished until can knit 54". It's a LONG STORY!!! LMAO! It starts with the first cuff and you knit 4" of 1x1 ribbing for that, then you double your stitches, knit 45" of the lace pattern, then you decrease by half the stitches and knit another 4" in 1x1 ribbing and bind off. When finished you have a "shrug" or "bed jacket" or whatever you want to call it. The pattern is Circa 1936 and is called a Shoulderette! It is turning out really nicely. I am making it as a bed jacket for a friend who is having heart surgery very soon. I NEED to finish this darned project!

Thanks for the support Jess!

Chris: Those socks are gorgeous! Great job, fantastic colour!

Sorry I was out of here yesterday before 8 a.m. and not home again until past bedtime, so I did not get on here last night to wish all Mothers a Happy Mother's Day. I went to my daughter's house and spent time with them all. So I will wish all Mother's a Happy Mother's Day today instead.

This week is a kind of sad week for us, as we remember May 12th of last year, when my MIL passed away two days after Mother's Day. Wednesday we will be quiet and remember.....

Here is what we posted elsewhere and now here for her as she was a knitter in her time!

♥ If roses grow in Heaven, Lord, pick a bunch for me, Place them in my Mother's arms & tell her they're from me, Tell her that I love & miss her, & when she turns to smile, Place a kiss upon her cheek & hold her for a while... Because remembering her is easy, I do it every day, There's an ache within my heart that will never go away. Happy Mother's Day in Heaven! ♥

Tomorrow I am going back to the city my daughter lives in, to look at an apartment for us to live in once we get back home where I belong. Who knows if it's going to be good enough, we shall see!

Bye for now!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (05-10-2010), jess_hawk (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #11999
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Thanks Christine!

I'm going to have to remember that poem for next time I see some friends whose mom/wife lost her very long battle with cancer about 7 months ago. It's very beautiful.

I'm leaving Artemis with my cousins and aunt and uncle this weekend when we go on our trip. My aunt has had budgies before, and they have pretty much a whole zoo's worth of animals (llamas, ducks, chickens, cats, dogs, and sometimes they keep donkeys, mini horses, or goats for friends), and my youngest cousin loves animals, so he'll be in good hands.
But I still plan to do the obsessive pet parent thing and give explicit directions on how he should be taken care of, and his vets phone number, and whatever avian vet is in my hometown (still gotta look that up)...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #12000
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
. . .they have pretty much a whole zoo's worth of animals (llamas, ...
they have yarn on the hoof

Closed Thread