Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #1501
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dustina: Roo is adorable. She is a snow bunny for sure. I HATE the snow, but I always envy those that don't mind winter type sports. Too cold and damp for these old bones, that's for sure!

I was very lucky this morning. The man next door was grateful for us digging him out last night so he could go to church today. He was so grateful that he helped DH this morning with the shovelling. He would not let me do anything except take pictures. I LOVE my neighbour!

We had dumped all the snow from his driveway and walkway, the man upstairs verandah and stairs and our driveway onto the man upstairs' parking spot overnight. They will be home this afternoon so the guys had to shovel it all up and over the retaining wall onto the front yard today so the people upstairs would have somewhere to park. The guys had the hardest job, but it only took them an hour. The man next door is young and very strong. He made the job look soooo easy!

As for the frog pond, I might sit on the lily pad today. My arms need a rest after all that heavy lifting. I`ll start again tomorrow.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-09-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #1502
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Sue and knitter... Thank you for sharing your pictures. I did get a great big and called the kids over and said" Now this is a snow storm " We have not had anything like this in many many years. I can remember as a kid when we had so much snow my dad jumped from the garage roof into the pile. The pile of snow was 1/2 way up the garage.

Dustina... roo is soooo cute. She looks like she was having loads of fun.

LIsa... thanks for having the same fits as me... I will try them again. Just not sure I was ready for them on socks.

Everyone else.. Hello and will chat later .. DH is wanting to run out to stores today and hes "ARE YOU READY YET" Just give me a few. So gotta run

Happy

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #1503
Indygirl

Originally Posted by fibrenut View Post
OOOO Indy, that's powder snow, greatest stuff on earth for skiing!!!
Grab them skis darlin n become an Indiana Snow Bunny!!!
Yes, I can just see me now I have never been on snow ski's. I would probably break every bone in my body I still need my arms and hands to knit

Old 03-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #1504
Indygirl

dustinac, What a beautiful little girl! Also thanks so much for the help on finding the Maizy sock's on ravelry. I keep forgetting about looking on ravelry for patterns..duh!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #1505
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

OK so I lied. I CO for the second sock, joined and knit the first round. Now I am going for a nap! Be back later....

Old 03-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #1506
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

What a cutie bug! And look at those rosy cheeks! My daughter Kristin (all grown up now at 32) still gets those cheeks and it looks so cute!
I'm determined to knit as much as I can today before I post pictures of my socks, but for now I'll say patterns that require you to drop a stitch 5 rows down are SCARY! But, thanks to having to frog so much, I'm knowing what to expect now
The Following User Says Thank You to siameezerlady For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #1507
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
louet or herschnerrs should have that info for ya

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
siameezerlady (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #1508
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

OK before my nap, I`ll show you...
... the first finished sock. There is a front view and a side view. I AM determined that the second sock is going to look as nice as the first one!

Here`s the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front view of sock - small.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	47332  Click image for larger version

Name:	Side view of sock - small.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	47333  

Old 03-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #1509
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Indygirl View Post
Just seeing how to do this with my flickr.
These are the fixation sock's I just finished.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2005/...74c7de8e03.jpg
It worked. Now I need to write that down. So I don't forget how to do that the next time
those are some tall socks! Did you have any left when you were done? How'd you know how far to go so you didn't run out of yarn for #2?

Originally Posted by siameezerlady View Post

Hi Everyone,
Julie, I wonder if you could tell me how to get to your blog? And your little ones are adorable, so's your pup!
If you click the picture of the kids in my sig it will take you to my blog. & Thanks, I think they're cute too.

Originally Posted by knittable View Post
I would LOVE to join. I could really use a couple of tips on the heel gusset. I haven't made many socks, but would most certainly LOVE to make more if i had a little more practice. There are so many lovely yarns out there. I'm excited to be a part of this... !!
welcome! What do you have questions about?

good gracious sakes y'all I had 5 pages to read to get here! wow! Well we were at 7am Mass this morning and at 8 after there was no priest! lol. They forgot to change their clocks too. Pretty funny! We all got a laugh out of it, priest included.
Ok so we had a big a$$ crate for the dog and we were gone for 2 hours yesterday & he chewed through the bottom of the crate & then this morning when we were at church (for only 1 hour) we'd put him in the crate on the tile (so he wouldn't chew through the carpet) & he pulled my BIG rug into the crate and it's destroyed, then scooted a good 10' into the kitchen and pulled the rug from the stove into his crate and it's ruined too...strong little pup. So now I went to Petsmart and got him another kennel, that he wont be able to chew up or pull things into. I'm amazed, never seen a dog do that before. Rotten dog. As far as the socks, I'm still decreasing the gusset sts. Only knit 2 rounds yesterday, big accomplishment right? lol. I hope to knit more today but I have mounds of laundry to fold and put away, almost as big as the snow mounds I saw on here earlier! Good grief that's a lot of snow! Dustina Roo is so cute! Does she look like you or JD?
Off to get the kids dressed to play outside, it's almost 50!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-09-2008), Indygirl (03-14-2008), siameezerlady (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #1510
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
The.Knitter~They look great

Devon~ can't wait to see them...you can drop the sts like a pro now!!

Thanks everyone I think she is a cutie...

Julie~ Thank you for posting your Snicker stories...about the time the kids and JD have me thinking maybe we should get a new puppy...I read something Snicker has done and like umm nope that's ok...

She looks like me... She does this thing she will put her head next to mine and go don't we look the same cause I have your eyes, your nose, you mouth, your cheeks, and JD will say you two make me sick... Isaiah favors JD but he has ice blue eyes that my grandmother, uncle, and cousins have...when we got Bella he said YAY someone in the house has blue eyes like mine ...

I don't know what to work on today...new pair of socks, baby booties, or the Hemlock

Oh I messaged the designer of the top for Roo...she said that in about 2wks she will have a translation up!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-09-2008)
Closed Thread