Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #1511
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Those are lovely knitter.

K, I have a GRIPE here......... ARRRGHGGHGHGHGHHHH!!!!!
I HATE GUSSETS!!!!!!!!!!!!
K, whew, that feels better!!
I have another question for all ya'll
that are knitting the sockamania sox. Did ya'll find that it's gonna take "3" balls or 150g's to make these darn things?
I've completed the 4 repeats on the first sock and turned the heel and started the gussett (I really hate gussets, did I say that already? O well) and my 50g ball is down to the knitty gritty. Dang that means I'll hafta run back to the LYS sometime next week for the extra ball. Dangnabit!!! I did buy two 50g balls thinkin that would be enough cause the pattern did only call for 100g's.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-09-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #1512
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Thanks for all the research, Tami, but since the Magic Stripes have been discontinued (I think !) my only hope is getting someone to let go of it from their stash !

I cannot look at that snow ! Oh, man, I don't know how you people make it ! I'm not made for that !

I plan on spending alot of time in my sunny backyard today, (it's already above 60 degrees), and I wish you could all come over and we'd knit in the sunshine !

If I'm not back on here today, don't worry....be happy ! You won't have so much to catch up on !

Devon, I need pictures of what you're talking about.......dropping a stitch 5 rows down........are you knitting the Kaylees? I'll check this later this evening or tomorrow.

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1513
silegose
Knitting the Flap

dotty... I ran out to joanns.. thought they may have some. No luck. But now that I read you post I did not know the discontinued this item. I will still look out here maybe one of the stores might have some left over. I did buy more yarn from joanns though. I am going to try more cables but this time in a afghan. I hope it works better.

julie... we had a puppy just like that. we got her from the humane society. The dog wound up to be very large. She did run away and I could not find her but she would hop the 6' fence all the time mind you she was only 6 -7 months old. We started to chain her up in the back yard and she broke 3 chains, chewed through the last one when she ran away. She even chewed the bottom of the crate like yours. Then she started on the wood floor. I had never seen a dog like that before. She had suprises for us everyday. She was a good dog though besides all the other stuff. She was GREAT with kids.

TK. The socks look great.

oh ya... I bought another book yesterday... I had DS hide it in my book stash so DH didnt see it. knitting 2-at-a-time by melisa morgan. I havent had a chance to look at it yet. I might bring it out later when I am knitting and DH will think I have had it for awhile...

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #1514
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,

Okay, so I'm a true enabler!

For those of you who want to increase your stash, I found this sale on sock yarn. Free shipping, too, but the sale ends at midnight.

You're welcome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
sue in canada (03-09-2008), The.Knitter (03-09-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #1515
Indygirl

silegose,
oh ya... I bought another book yesterday... I had DS hide it in my book stash so DH didnt see it. knitting 2-at-a-time by melisa morgan. I havent had a chance to look at it yet. I might bring it out later when I am knitting and DH will think I have had it for awhile...
Boy, do I remember those days. I feel for you. I used to put my bags in the trunk until the next day. I'm sure your not alone

Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #1516
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
I feel so blessed! Last time I bought yarn, DH said, "Have I ever given you a hard time about buying yarn or books? I trust you!"

Of course, he knits, too, so that may have something to do with it!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #1517
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
My DH told me today he's working all the overtime so I can buy knitting supplies. So I asked him if when the next cheque comes in I can go buy yarn, and he said YES!! I am blessed as well G J.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 03-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #1518
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Dustinac Your daughter is very cute.

The.Knitter Your sock looks great.

GJ I couldn't resist a bargain. More sock yarn on the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to sue in canada For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-10-2008)
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #1519
Indygirl

Just to show off some more I'm posting pic's of the fixation sock's on the person I knit them for. My daughter loves them.

Last edited by Indygirl : 03-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #1520
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello all!

The DBF got back from ice fishing- luckily he didn't drop my camera into the hole, but he also didn't catch anything! Also, the heater in the cabin broke last night and it was -30 out. The DBF is a very outdoorsy person and reads all sorts of outdoor books. Plus he had his hunting gear, so he was warm enough.
I also RE-started the Monkeys on size 0 needles. They're looking a lot better, but I can't believe how thin Tofutsies is!
I also swatched for my first sweater- 3 times. I must be a loose knitter because the pattern calls for a size 5 and even on a 4 there were too many stitches per inch, so I'll have to go buy a 3 and try again.

The Knitter and Sue- Why did you post those???? I just had to look out my window and see that, but I didn't need to be reminded on here too! Haha, at least everyone gets to see our Winter Winderland! Oh and Christine- the DH is adorable.

GJ- Your DH is a knitter??? Where did you find this gem?

Silegoose- First of all I have to say your name cracks me up because I call my cat "Goose". Second, don't hide your book, make the DH some socks and he can't complain- that's my strategy.

Fibrenut- Don't quit on those gussets- you can do it girl!

Dustina- Roo is ADORABLE!

Jberry- I loved your church story!

Indygirl- The socks look great!
Everyone- Hope you're doing well and keep on knitting those socks!

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-10-2008), fibrenut (03-09-2008), Indygirl (03-10-2008)
Closed Thread