Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #1541
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Yes they grow sooooooooo fast, Carey. I enjoy nursing her, but sometimes wish she'd take a bottle so I could have some 'me' time. I'm jealous of Dh because he can do & go what/whereever he wants and isn't ever tied down; then again maybe he's jealous because she 'wont' take a bottle, we tried, and so I'm sure he'd like to feed her everyonece in a while. I can't believe she'll be 4 months already on Sunday, and Bailey will be 2 on Wed. time flies, Jacob will be 4 next month...sigh. OK off to feed Caitlin again-chunky monkey.
I gave her some applesauce last night (baby food) and she woke up twice in the night crying like she was in terrible pain...anyone else have their baby get gas or an owie tummy from applesauce?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #1542
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Applesauce is acidic. Perhaps try her on pears, they have less acid in them.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-10-2008)
Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #1543
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

The. Knitter.: Sorry! I'll try again. I just have to remember how I did it successfully the first time awhile back
The Following User Says Thank You to siameezerlady For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-10-2008)
Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #1544
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

Drat, can anyone refresh my memory how to import a picture from elsewhere? Thanks...

Oh, wait, I see way back where someone posted how. I'm almost done repairs, so will wait and post both together later. Sorry.....
Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #1545
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Julie... You night want to try the veggies first. or some cereal. I made a huge mistake with broden giving him fruit first. Now he wont eat food. Only if it is sweet or pbj's. I just ran out of peanut butter and I am going to try and force him to try some new food. Maybe by the end of the day he will be hungry enough to eat what I make. This kid wont even eat cheese. What little person dont eat cheese.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-10-2008)
Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #1546
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Yes they grow sooooooooo fast, Carey. I enjoy nursing her, but sometimes wish she'd take a bottle so I could have some 'me' time. I'm jealous of Dh because he can do & go what/whereever he wants and isn't ever tied down; then again maybe he's jealous because she 'wont' take a bottle, we tried, and so I'm sure he'd like to feed her everyonece in a while. I can't believe she'll be 4 months already on Sunday, and Bailey will be 2 on Wed. time flies, Jacob will be 4 next month...sigh. OK off to feed Caitlin again-chunky monkey.
I gave her some applesauce last night (baby food) and she woke up twice in the night crying like she was in terrible pain...anyone else have their baby get gas or an owie tummy from applesauce?
My girls wouldn't take bottles either, not until they were about 6 or 7 months old. My oldest wouldn't take a pacifier either, the only thing she wanted was my pinkie! Thank goodness I drove a tiny car, I'm sure I looked hilarious driving around with my arm stretched into the back seat and my pinkie in her mouth!

I started both of mine on cereal, then veggies, then fruit, and I didn't start any of that till 6 months, so I can't give you any advice on that. Christine is right, though, about apples being acidic. If I recall correctly, they're also 'binding', so they may have stopped her up a little.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-10-2008)
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #1547
alleusion
Turning the Heel

Okay I need some jaywalker help. Here's where I am right now...

Quote:
There are 19 (21) sts on needles #2 and #3, 27 (30) sts on needles #1 and #4.
Round 1: Work to 3 sts from end of needle #1, k2tog, k1. Work instep sts in established pattern (round 1 of zigzag pattern). K1, ssk at beginning of needle #4, work to end.
Round 2: Work to 1 st from end of needle #1, sl1. Work instep sts in established pattern (round 2 of zigzag pattern). Sl1 at beginning of needle #4, work to end.
I picked up the stitches along the heel flap and knit the 11 that it said to the middle of the flap. I'm doing ML, so I need to know how to arrange the needles so that it works with what they've got written out for the gusset.

I guess maybe do the heel stitches and the side of the heel flap stitches on one needle and the instep stitches on the other side? I'm not really sure.

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #1548
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Julie: I always started mine on cereal first as well. Is this her first food? I didn't realize that. You might want to try some rice pablum first, then moved to other kinds of pablum, then veggies, then fruits. Also what I did was cooked as if cooking for myself with the veggies, fruits and meats, although with little or no spicing the food. Then I ran it through the blender until it was really fine. Take a clean ice cube tray and put the food into each compartment. Free until very hard. When the food is frozen put it into ziplock bags. That way you only have to take out one or two ice cubes at a time. It saved on money and they got good food that I always trusted, because I made it myself.

Good luck!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-10-2008)
Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #1549
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Mornin ya'll,
O julie, I soooo totally feel for ya hun, I did that for like 10 years almost (no not the same kid lol) Get one on solids and the next one would be on breastfeeding. Heck I even breast fed the twins. One was more inclined than the other one so that helped a little bit but dang, yep, I understand the whole can't go anywhere, do anything, thing. Oi!

Meezers, I usually just upload the photos straight from the puter for posting here. Just click the manage attachments option and uploaded em that way.

Well dang, yep I hate gussetts, yep yep yep!!! So I just took my set of cirx in the right size n just transferred the stitches onto them (why o why didn't I start out with them in the first place anyway, sheesh) oh, well!! Takin my time on these pair cause I really didn't get enough yarn for em anyway. I did get the 100g's but it's gonna take more than that and yes I am getting gauge for em so don't know what the heck. O well. Just have to make another trip to the LYS. (they love me rotflmao)!!

I am not going to make any references to out weather here cause it'll just make everyone else all like, "Sheesh, how does SHE rate?"
Still wish ya'll would share some of your snow n all. We sure could use some!!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #1550
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Silegose, Abbily, The.Knitter & Tami,
thanks all, I've tried her on rice and oatmeal cereal. The other two ate rice, then oatmeal then applesauce, then the yellow veggies, then the green ones, then fruit with bananas being last because they're the sweetest. I started Jacob at 4 months, Bailey because she was so preemie we waited until 6 months and since Caitlin's doing so well developmentally and can eat the cereal already I figured I'd try her at 4 months too. We see the ped. tomorrow and I'm so glad because she's had excema spots all over her back, on the outside of her thighs & on her elbows for over a month, and I've changed soaps and detergent etc, not sure what else to do. & I"m still fighting that darn cradle cap!
The.Knitter, thanks for the 'real' baby food tip, think I'll have to do that...sure would save some $$$
Tami, breastfeeding twins wow! way to go girl!
as far as your socks go, I didn't realize that we needed more yarn, I only did 2 repeats on the leg & think I'm gonna be fine for yarn-good thing too b/c mine was mail order.

sockamania peeps have y'all gotten the blogger log in yet? I haven't and I'm curious to see what it looks like.

I still haven't done any today, guess I'd better get busy?!

Sorry Jenny, I've not done the jaywalkers so I'm no help to you.

weather here is nice today, mild & currently 41(F) @ 10:50am

Last edited by jberry16 : 03-10-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: sockamania ?
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-10-2008)
Closed Thread