Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,955 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Welcome, The.Knitter! Glad to have you here! What method for circular knitting are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (01-29-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #12
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Thanks all for your nice comments on my socks in chapter one. Also noted in chapter one: my dyeing adventure. Well, I've been untangling for 2 days now (total of 6 hours I guess) and I've got about 60 gram done, so only 40 to go. The other 2 skeins are almost dry and look really how I wanted them. I can't wait to knit with one of them, but I think the tangled yarn will be first. After so much work, I'm really comitted to it.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

The.Knitter~That's great!! I can't wait to see your tube socks...before you know it you will be addicted to socks just like the rest of us

Tami~Chapter 2

Julie~ pound of dirt ...I'm hoping the smaller size will fit me better of her patterns...I usually CO around 56 sts...

Gina~Thanks I'll have to give them a listen

Carla~how is all your kal knitting doing

Jackie~ How are you guys doing?

Lieke~ no way could I do that...I can't wait to see what you make from it!!

QOTD: MY favorite sock method is...prolly still dpns and cuff down...I do like a short row heel...and I do enjoy magic loop as well but there is still a strange hold my dpns have over me

Well I worked on my mom's socks last night while enjoying a Hallmark movie and I'm to the toe ...I can mark them off my to finish list hopefully this afternoon...then I can start a mitten or a glove...I need to CO for a Cookie sock so I can get on in another KAL drawing ...might do twinkle toes in a heavy weight...

I gotta do my usually Monday cleaning before I can but I hope you all have a good day of sock knitting!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lieke (01-29-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #14
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Lieke: You sure do have a mess to untangle-good luck. What kind of yarn was that that you're dying? It's pretty. I'm really curious to see how it knits up into socks, as I'm sure you are too.

Dustina: I watched the Hallmark movie too-what a tear jerker?!

Jacob is still not getting better, his cough is wet now-not a dry croupy cough & every afternoon for the last 8 days he has had a fever, not to mention reg cold symptoms. So as soon as it's 8am I'm calling the dr. office to get him a same day appt today. sigh. Probably wont get much knitting done today-o well.
happy knitting all!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Lieke (01-29-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #15
JamOKnit
Knitting the Flap

Phew! Made it to the new thread!
I have only done one sock at a time so far on DPNs although I would LOVE to learn 2 socks at once since I am an instant gratification kind of girl.

I finished sock 1 in the KP Felici Hummingbird last night and hope to CO for the second one tonight. Will try to get a pic up also.

I'm JamOKnit on Ravelry.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
1to1
Turning the Heel

Morning Socksters,

Birdwomn, There really isn’t much difference between using 2 – 24” circs versus doing Magic Loop on a 40” circ. With the 2 – 24” you have more needles hanging around and you have the costs of buying 2 pairs, the ML you’re just pulling the needles more.

The.Knitter, how’s the sox coming along?

Julie, I really like your new do. You are such a cutie!!! Hope the docs can help little Jacob. I just picked up a scratchy throat and cough…I hardly ever get sick. I think its this crazy weather. Today it is suppose to be 60’s last week it was teens.

Gina, there is a brand new podcast called “Knit Together”. They are two Christian women from Springfield, Missouri. I really enjoyed their first three episodes. I downloaded a bunch of podcasts this weekend and will go through and weed out the ones I don’t like. Yup, there are several…either the sound is bad, boring, or not enough knitting/crocheting info. There are plenty to listen to without having to listen to those.

Jackie, I have to quit going to your blog…I always seem to crave pannycakes.

Lieke, you are much more patient than me…but the colors are fun.

Dustina, the Hemlock Ring is coming along nicely. I didn’t get to knit much this weekend…none on my poms. What mitten pattern are you going to use?

JamOknit, can’t wait to see pics.

Hoping to work on my hemlock this afternoon. Now that I got my name and blog changed. I finally just put a link from the old blog to my new one temporarily. I’ve joined some KAL with the old link. I tried to notify everyone that I could think of…not that there is actually anyone that has bookmarked my blog. What a pain!

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
G J (01-28-2008), Lieke (01-29-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
rorygilmore
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to rorygilmore
Here they are! The first pair I've finished since Oct! The pattern is from Favorite Socks, Its the Retro Rib pattern. The yarn is Tofustsies, I don't know which colorway it is.

My Etsy(free shipping for KnittingHelp members, just put knittinghelp in the note to the seller!): http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5027635

Old 01-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Dustina,
I know exactly what the deal-io is with them dpn's. It's that seductive clickety-snick, going round n round dizzily, until we are totally mesmerized!!!
LOL!!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #19
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanks Carla! Hope you get better soon.

Alex, nice socks!

Well we just got back from the doc. and she doesn't know what's going on with him. She said it's not an infection she can see, like ear or sinus or strep so she ordered amoxicillian and we'll try that. She said that if he gets the fever again today and tomorrow afternoon for me to call her back, she'll be in tomorrow afternoon and then she's gonna order blood work &/or x-rays. sigh. I'm praying that it's fixed with the antibiotics. He hasn't been on any in so long that I couldn't remember the last time he was on any, or Bailey for that matter. I do have to rant about Walgreens though...grrrrrrrrrrrrr. The doc faxed the perscription over, then we left and got gas-30-40 min later we got to Walgreens and they still hadn't pulled it off the fax machine and there wasn't anyone in line inside, a few at the drive up but hello?! Anyway she put me as a waiter and said it'd be 30 minutes to fill it-I"m not dragging 3 kids inside and didn't want to have to come home and unbundle them and then bundle them all back up again-I'm a little annoyed. Anyway it's been 35 min now so I'm gonna bundle everyone back up and get everyone buckled up again and venture out into the terribley windy day. 35-45mph gusting to 50-yuck!
rorygilmore (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #20
jberry16
Instepping Out

I think so fibrenut! about the dpn, I agree they're seductive.
fibrenut (01-28-2008)
Closed Thread