Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #2021
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

Flame Socks complete!

I have finally finished my son's Flame Socks! It has taken me about 3 years from the first time I cast on socks for him before he received his first pair. After all the false starts they had to be special.

On the needles: Granny Square Socks, Flaming Anklets, April Raindrop Socks, Sidewinder socks,

Recent finished objects: Annetrelac socks, Jaywalker socks, Flaming socks, Pi Togue Hat, Noro Rainbow socks,

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #2022
Lieke
Working the Gusset

A bit late, but happy easter all!

Sue, your socks and dishcloths look great.

Dustina, what a cute pic of your kids.

TheKnitter, your socks are turning out really pretty. (and I know how soft they feel )

ahkatelier, those flamesocks are absolutely great! Do you have a pattern for them?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-24-2008), sue in canada (03-24-2008), The.Knitter (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 AM   #2023
silegose
Knitting the Flap

alles... I know what you mean about over doing it... I had my stitchs pop out on me once. Scared the pee right out of me. Just take it easy. Im sure all will work the way it is intended to be. I just dont know how you can think about baking at this time.

I really think I should go to bed since the KIDS will be up in the next 3 1/2 hrs. Yes it is pretty late here 3:40 am. started working the mock cable socks. I DID IT! I DID IT! I figured out how to do the 2 at once on the ML... Julie ... It is soooo easy. It did take me casting on twice but I got it.

AHKat.. Those are some really cool looking socks.

Lieke.. Thank you. Hope you had a nice holiday as well!

Off to la la land for me.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 03-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #2024
alleusion
Turning the Heel

Allison those socks are amazing! Definitely some special foot covers!!

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #2025
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone had a great Easter, or weekend! Love the Easter socks, Julie!
Silegose and Christine, I am not CO the lacy mock cables 'til today, as I had forgotten that I had promised DH another pair of socks and he was reluctant to give me the other ones to wash, so I cast those on first. I am actually going to try to have two projects going on at once-don't know if I can handle the stress You guys' socks look terriffic! Makes me motivated! Silegose, did you follow the tutorial here to learn the ML? Congrats on learning it successfully
Oooo, love that chocolate puppy, too. I'm going to the local drugstore today and get some 1/2 off chocolate, whohoo!
Jenny, I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow!
Sue, those socks and dishcloths are great - I love the colors of the socks, especially.
RoryG, Holy crap! Will you stop knitting so fast? You all are making me feel like a turtle- Show us some pics?
Tami, congrats on getting them done! Maybe if I stopped writing each day, I'd get more done? But then I'd miss out... Pics?
Dustina, I loved the eggs - I think I'll make some just for the two of us next year. This year, we didn't even have a dinner We both felt a little under the weather, and ended up getting some take-out, bleh. Everyone's dinners sounded so good, I could almost smell the turkey and ham (and brownies and cake, yum!)
Do you have a link for the flower socks?
Allison! Those are super Flame Socks - I'll be he loves them
Lieke, how's that pretty cardigan coming along?
Hi Jackie - that really does sound like shopping paradise!
Everyone! Have a great day knitting - hope to have something to show you by tomorrow...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to siameezerlady For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-24-2008), fibrenut (03-24-2008), sue in canada (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #2026
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Good Monday morning All

Christine: The Easter dog is cute and Lindt chocolate, yum.

Allison: Those socks are amazing.

No more advance on socks for me at the moment. I am working on my first top down baby sweater for the shower I am going to next month. My first attempt at top down, but I really like the idea of no sewing up. Hopefully it works out , time will tell.
Have a great day.
The Following User Says Thank You to sue in canada For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #2027
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Silegose~We are both from WV so all of our families are down there (but one aunt of dh's that is up here)...we usually head in on the 26th because by the time we would pack Santa's gifts and then all the grandparents gifts coming back...no room for us...Isaiah's first Christmas, JD had to make 2 trips...he took a load home and then came back for us and another...most of the great grandmothers do gift cards ...but our parents like to go grandchild crazy

Jackie~I love that you guys do something together every Sunday!!

The.Knitter~aww that dog is to cute to eat! I've never seen anything like that before

Allison~ love the socks and so does my 7yr old boy ...They look great!!

Devon~I hope you guys are feeling better ...Here is a link to the flower socks...

Sue~I can't wait to see the baby sweater

I worked on the flower socks last night and I'm to the point that I'm knitting flat for the cuff...I'm worried at the amt. of yarn I have left...I am using what the pattern called for though...I should have made the flowers first because now I'm worried about running out of yarn ...picture isn't to good but once it warms up I'll try again outside...

So today I want to work on that...and get my clothes caught back up... I had them all caught up last Tues...no dirty clothes...was so happy...and now cause of the sickness and changing of sheets and everything I'm back behind

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flower sock.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	47578  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
siameezerlady (03-24-2008), The.Knitter (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #2028
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Very pretty socks everyone!

Dustina if you want maybe I could help you to crochet those flowers? If you get stuck pm me the instructions/pattern for the flower part & I'll do my best-been crocheting for almost 20 years :D

Glad to hear everyone had a great Easter! I too want to go to Walgreens and get the 1/2 off chocolate-my fav Easter treat is the Cadberry cream eggs

Jenny let us know when you're goin in. I can't wait I love birth stories and new babies

It's 36 degrees here outside and 63 in my house-funny huh? Think I'll turn the heater on for a little while. It's been so nice outside the last 3 or 4 days that I've just turned the heater off and then in the afternoon I open the windows and air out the place.

I'm waiting for April's pattern & while waiting I'm crocheting a little 'pocket' for my drivers license, insurance cards & stuff like that to put in my purse so I don't have to carry a bulky wallet.
I'd love to carry a little cute purse, but being a Mom I feel like I have to carry a big purse with tissue and stuff in it for everyone. I have a mini medicine cabinet in my purse, chapstick, lipstick, a diaper for Caitlin (because I don't carry the diaper bag in with us, it lives in the car), lotion, dental floss etc. Dustina, Tami & other mommies, what do you do for a purse?
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #2029
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

Here's a link
Thanks for all the great compliments. I adapted the pattern at Pink Lemon Twist for 72 stitch socks. Check it out. There is a chart for the flames there.

Now I want to make a pair for myself, but something a little shorter. Oh yeah, 3 more pairs of socks to finish first.

On the needles: Granny Square Socks, Flaming Anklets, April Raindrop Socks, Sidewinder socks,

Recent finished objects: Annetrelac socks, Jaywalker socks, Flaming socks, Pi Togue Hat, Noro Rainbow socks,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ahkatelier For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-24-2008), jberry16 (03-24-2008), Karina (03-25-2008), Lieke (03-25-2008), Lisa1216 (03-24-2008), siameezerlady (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #2030
silegose
Knitting the Flap

siameez... I bought the book that is out 2 at once by Melissa morgan-oaks. I had a hard time getting it with the pictures from the net go figure.

Dustina... That sounds like my in-laws. There was one year we had to have some of the stuff shipped. So now we just make it a day trip. It is ruff that way too but we are home.

Sue... Top downs are very simple and fast. I made one for Broden when he got baptized. Dont forget to take a pic and show us.

Hello to everyone else.

happy all

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
siameezerlady (03-24-2008)
Closed Thread