Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #2031
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Kewl ya'll way to go on the sox there Allison. I want some!!!! Gotta get the pattern there..... they would make perfect boot sox for ridin!!!!!

Dustina, so far so good on your sox. Love the pretty colors.
Also, hun, if you have ANY questions about crocheting just give me a buzz!!

Alle, hun, yer still hanging round? OMG you poor thing, have soooo been there done that, sheesh. DC #3 (the one who is mother to my lil blue eyed angel avatar) she was overdue according to MY calculations, but the docs thought she was on time (after you have as many kids as I have had, you listen to your body n kinda just nod at the doc n smile. LOL). I had been having cont.'s for almost 2 weeks before she was born. Then one day I took a shower, went back to bed n POP!! Off to the hospital 45 mins away (after dropping off the short people at a neighbors). Ummm we didn't make it out of town. Had to go to the local trauma center. She was born in the front seat of the car 20 minutes after the "POP". She weighed 10.01#'s. Looked like a 3 month old baby. She turned out OK!!

Enough bout that LOL!!! Just hope everything turns out ok and they don't HAVE to do the c-section ( I still don't understand all the rush, rush thing with that). Babies will pop out when they've baked long enough!!!!

Julie, where are they going to post the pattern for April? On the blog or the yahoo group page or in the email? I'm sort of confused about that.

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Hope the "bugs" stop "buggin" people and ya'll get better!!! It's sooo much a bummer to be sick with the promise of spring just round the corner.
I'm off to take pics of my sox after they've been blocked (they turned out to be 15's, good for my dad, who has feet probs).
laters ya'll!!!
Tami

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
ahkatelier (03-24-2008), dustinac (03-24-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #2032
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Tami I have no idea? I have yet to get the google group invite...what a chore for her-she has something like 370+ members. holy cow, huh! I'm just thinking that some of us will gt emailed & those that have the google group info will get it that way - who knows
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #2033
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Thanks guys...when I get to that part I will be a calling for you all ...Mom keeps saying crochet is simple...you taught yourself how to knit so you should be able to do the same with crochet...and I have tried...but one side always grows and grows and I don't know what I'm doing...I know it's with the edge and how I turn (from mom) but I don't know what I'm doing ya know? ...lucky for me the flowers don't need straight edges lol

Tami~I've been wondering the same thing...she might have to e-mail the pattern out in April too...

Julie~I'm just now getting to where I don't fill like I need a HUGE purse...I used to have one with diapers, small pack of wipes, sippy cups, pacis, crackers, doodle stuff...now if I can fit tissues and sanitizer in I'm good...if we are going somewhere that I know we will have to wait like dr's appts...then I pack a little child size book bag with paper, crayons, and snacks...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #2034
alleusion
Turning the Heel

fibrenut - The reason for the c-section is because I've had some bleeding issues the past week. My iron count is low enough that they're really concerned about bleeding too much with a VBAC. Yeah there'll be bleeding with a c-section, but there's the slight risk that my previous c-section scar will rupture. I'm not comfortable with the risk factor in light of the fact that we don't have all the previous surgery notes. So, we're not really in a rush to get her out, it's more of a safety factor.

Julie - I got my google invite the other day and I just signed up. Odd eh?

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

Old 03-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #2035
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Afternoon Everyone!

Gina & Dustina~The shawl is safely in my hands! I didn't take it out of the bag yet, but it looks beautful! I'll probably just read through the pattern tonight when I get home and orient myself to it, then start on it tomorrow night. We bought a new truck that we're picking up tonight, so I don't want to start knitting on it late in the evening.

Glad everyone had good Easters. Our was pretty uneventful (which is good). Went to my MIL's and then to my sister's house. I feel like I've been on the go all weekend. I'm on the toe decreases (still) of my first sockamania sock and I'm having serious SSS with this one. Maybe because it's moving so slow. The shawl will be a nice break because I think I'm "socked out".

Julie-yours look great! Glad you were able to finish them before Easter.

Sue and Allison~your socks look great too! I book marked the flame pattern.

Christine~Great start to your socks too! See, you can knit patterned socks without any problems!

Everyone have a good day and good !

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
ahkatelier (03-24-2008), jberry16 (03-24-2008), sue in canada (03-24-2008), The.Knitter (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #2036
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Alle, I totally understand hun! I've just had bad experiences with docs seeming to think that it's just super duper convenient for when they want to go on vacation n not have any loose ends, so to speak, to deal with.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Old 03-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #2037
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hey Socksters,

Jenny - How are you?

I got my Google invite too...maybe she is going backwards on the list.

Check out my Sock Yarn Crawl. It was awesome!!!

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
Old 03-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #2038
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
o what fun, the sock yarn crawl!!!

I think for those that just signed up for sockamania will get the google invite as soon as they're added...for those of us who have had emails in the past will probably get the email again-just my guess...wonder what it takes to add people to the google group?
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #2039
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
dustinac: love the blue socks

1to1 : the sock yarn crawl sounds amazing. Great buys.
The Following User Says Thank You to sue in canada For This Useful Post:
dustinac (03-24-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #2040
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
OK I have my gusset finished and I am going to start the foot tonight. I decided to knit the pattern onto the foot as well as the leg and I think it looks great. I'll post pictures later when I have finished the first sock.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Closed Thread