Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
I just thought of another reason why we sometimes prefer dpn's over cirx.
I know it's gonna sound kinda creepy but heck it makes total sense....
You know how we hold the needles in our hands when we are working it? Well I was thinking, it sorta feels like it's "alive" or something, you know, you can feel it moving with each stitch in the palm of your hand. Almost like you were creating a new life, kinda sorta thing...thing...!
Hmmmmmm....perhaps something to ponder huh?

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Part of Sockamania!
You may just be right, Tami...never thought of it that way.

This may sound wierd, but I know lots of you are cat lovers & I want a kitty (not a kitten) but I dont want to get one until maybe Christmas time, that way Caitlin is not so dependent on me. What do you all think? What's the best age (for kids) to get a cat? What age cat should I get? I wanna adopt one, that's been fixed and declawed and that's good with little kids. Anything else I should think of?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #23
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I finished mom's socks!! I'll get picts in a bit...

Julie~ yes, I cried I don't know how many times during that movie last night!! Prayers for Jacob and your family!! I'd be annoyed to...that's crazy...we are suppose to get a Walgreens in May...I'm excited cause I've never been inside of one ...ohh I think a cat would be great...you can often adopt kittens that are 6mos and have been fixed (in OH they fix them at 5mos)...I have adopted grown cats before that were still considered young and if they hadn't been around kids or anything then it didn't work as well...the younger the cat is the better it will adopt to the kids and the noises...we now have Gideon and Bella who we had from kitten age and they just follow the kids around...Isaiah is their favorite cause he does something to their ears that just puts them right off to sleep lol... for Sockamania!!

JamOKnit~ Can't wait to see photos

Carla~I'm hoping to the yarn for the hemlock this weekend at the yarn shop... yay for 50% off...I'm finishing up the left bird in hand that I never did do ...

Alex~Those are cute!! I love the color

Tami~ I think your right

okey dokey, I'm waiting for dh to get back from his run...he just walked back out the door...then I'll start some dinner when he gets back

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
rorygilmore (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hi again,

Julie, its funny to see some of the same socks being submitted for your KAL and my SAM5. I guess if there are prizes people will enter.

You know, we go to ShopKo and I don't care when your prescription is ordered you are going to wait 1/2 hr. When you're sick or you have little ones sick you don't want to have to WAIT. Our Medical Group used to have a pharmacy in the clinic and it was so convenient...but they closed.

Dustina, YAY for going to get the Hemlock yarn and another YAY for 50% off!

Alex, that is the same yarn I'm using for my POMs. I love the crocheted blanket in the background. Did you make it?

I have our knit together at the library tonight. Hope to get a couple rounds done on my Hemlock.

Have a relaxing night!
Carla

1to1
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
rorygilmore (01-29-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #25
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
O Carla I envy you, getting a knit night-I will plan on that, maybe later this summer when Caitlin's not so dependent on me.

Thanks Dustina for the kitty advice. I just have to get Dh to agree to one...that should be fun. Of course I could always tell him we 'found' a cat when we were out and I couldn't just leave it on the road. not sure if he'd buy that story? Kinda like the George Strait song, ocean front property (in Arizona). lol ok we'll I'll keep thinking about it. Not gonna do anything soon though, really want Bailey more potty trained than she is, it's hard enough running her to the potty while nursing Caitlin. O the fun we SAHMs have.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #26
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
Sounds like a bunch of you have yucky stuff. Hope y'all (and your younguns) are feeling better soon! I also hate Walgreens and CVS! They take FOREVER!!!! I usually try to call my refills in at least 2 days in advance, and they STILL don't have them ready. I don't go there unless they have a coupon for $30 gift card if you transfer a prescription. I much prefer Target, Sam's club, HEB or Kroger.

So did y'all know you could use the end of a paint brush or a coffee stirrer for a cable needle? I was up to the cables on my socks today and had no needle. For the first round, I was at a student's house and spied a paintbrush on the counter. Worked fine. Then I was at the Chiropractor and had no needle but was ready for the second round of twists. Spied the coffee stirrer and tried it. A little floppy, but it worked!

DH is out of town with the digital camera, so I can't show pics. Enough knitting today anyway. Gotta take care of the hands!

Sock on!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #27
rorygilmore
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to rorygilmore
Originally Posted by 1to1 View Post
Alex, that is the same yarn I'm using for my POMs. I love the crocheted blanket in the background. Did you make it?
Nope, I didn't. My Grandmother did, a long time ago. I can't crochet to save my life.
My Etsy(free shipping for KnittingHelp members, just put knittinghelp in the note to the seller!): http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5027635

Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #28
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
GIRLS!!! and dude...
I think I may have found our elusive elastic castoff for toe up sox. Uh huh yep yep yep!!! It's called Russian Bind Off (or Icelandic, same concept actually).

It entails that you k the first st, place it back on the needle and k or p the next st through the first st, slip those off the left needle, place the loop back on the left needle and repeat across, either purling or knitting the next stitch as it presents itself.

This makes a very nice stretchy bind off. Something us toe uppers have been looking for!!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
dustinac (01-29-2008), G J (01-28-2008), jberry16 (01-29-2008), The.Knitter (01-29-2008)
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #29
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Hi Socksters,

I have request to join in the Sockamania. Hope to be able to complete a pair of sock per month. I ave not venture out of the dpns sock knit and cuff-down, maybe (jus maybe) hope to try other method.

Carla - Pancakes are very easy to make, i m using the Muffin Mix available in most of the major Supermarket here. They are simply yummy.

Julie - Hope Jacob is feeling better now.

Alex - Nice socks.

Dustina - As usual, busy with the CNY preparations, baking cookies, and baking too.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-29-2008), rorygilmore (01-29-2008)
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #30
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Rorygilmore, I love your socks.

As for my tangled yarn, it's flotte socke baumwolle, which is 75 % cotton and 25 % polyamid. I didn't have time to untangle yesterday, and I won't have time the next couple of days, but if I finish my moms socks, I can start on this yarn, because it's 2 50 gram balls and I've already got 1 untangled.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
rorygilmore (01-29-2008)
Closed Thread