Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #4011
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Christine and Chris

We had some bad wind/storms last night and lost a walnut tree...JD and Mr.Gehrke will clear it this afternoon prolly still raining...

I finished my first rain forest sock...now to start the second...I also tried cleaning the contacts in the camera and it didn't work...I did save the pictures on the little computer...I forgot it had an SD card reader...I browsed dell last night as they are having a camera sale...not sure what to do...buy now and have for the 2 week vacation...or just stick with what I have for the trip (19 photos)...I dug out my ol' Kodak that we got after Isaiah was born and I couldn't get it to charge...It's going on 8yrs and hasn't been used in 2yrs, I guess...oh well at least my new dryer is hooked up and do you remeber how I told you guys it took me 2 sometimes 3 hours to dry a load in the old one? Well I don't know what to do with myself that it now drys in 1 hour ...I'm washing sheets now and after that there will not be any dirty clothes in this house...finally!!

I hope you all have a great day of knitting...don't forget it's WKIP so if you can go to the park or somewhere and knit for a spell...there is a thing going in Columbus but to far for me to attend so if it stops raining we will take the kids to the park and I'll knit...annnd if you get a picture you can tag it on flickr and share it on KH...here are the details

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #4012
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Chris??? Was I supposed to turn that laptop off before cleaning the contacts? Don't answer too loud now, it's THE DAY AFTER.......... LOL!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 06-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #4013
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Chris??? Was I supposed to turn that laptop off before cleaning the contacts? Don't answer too loud now, it's THE DAY AFTER.......... LOL!!!

I'm sorry I'm typing as quietly as possible. I should have said something about that, but, I had to retest the procedure before posting. I retested for about two hours to make sure I did it right.

Did you realize that there are no contacts on the dog and the long thing in back that wags is not a contact indicator?

Working on sewing a couple of sun dresses for DW. Joann fabric's material with the elastic top so it is one seam and straps.

Then we have a graduation picnic this afternoo, will have to take my knitting so I can KIP.

My DW and I spent about an hour and a half at Verizon last night trying to get phone problems worked out. Verizon people were great, it was our doing that made it so long. However, as I was standing there I took out my knitting and was knitting away, when a thought hit me. If someone asked what/why a guy was knitting, I could say that "the VA taught me to knit for theropy, they just need me to remember that the needle should not be used to stab people with the needles" and to say this with a sly smile on my face.

Yes I am sick, but a mind is a terrible thing to waste even if it is demented.

Happy knitting in public.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #4014
msmelody
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to msmelody
It is a good thing that demented minds are needed, too. Otherwise, mine would never get used. Time to go unlock the kid's doors from quiet time.

I am msmelody on Ravelry.

Water4gas is my new pursuit.
The Following User Says Thank You to msmelody For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-14-2008)
Old 06-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #4015
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
We are NOT demented. Our reality is just different from the rest of yours!

And YES I knew that waggly thing at the back of the dog was not a contact, but he sure acted funny after I gave him a shot or two of contact cleaner, he thought his tail was a contact and kept chasing it in circles to see if it was clean enough. Silly dog!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 06-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #4016
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Guess what I did yesterday? I knit my detinator sock, just 1, but I knit the gusset decreases yesterday and finished the toe last night. word of wisdom...dont knit after 1 (yes just 1) beer...It slowed me waaaaaay down! & I was just doing the toe decreases then too...btw I didnt even finish the darn beer! So I plan to start #2 today, I'd really like to get the leg done today & finish 'em up & kill before next Saturday...
I'll post pics later...fyi I think it was way too many sts to co, dont you Dustina?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #4017
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Julie~It was way to many to CO...My socks are really big esp in the heel...I don't think she made gauge either but being her 2nd pair of socks and that she finished...I didn't worry about it...I like the colorway though so figure I'll frog them and knit another pair out of them

YAY the sun is starting to come out!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 06-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #4018
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Y'all are cracking me up!

No contact cleaning here! Just workin outside, watering the yard, etc. It's been SO DRY here....humid, but no rain. My FIL called earlier in the week and said they had 7" of rain and part of the basement flooded. Wish we could spread rain out, don't you?

DH has decided to wait to do the heel of the first sock and get the foot of the second sock knit first. I think he's scared of the heel.

I've got sleeve 2 of his Andoa sweater nearly half done.

Happy knitting!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #4019
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina I'll probably frog the ones I get and reknit some socks, that's what I told Brian last night, unless they're guy colors, then he gets a pair of socks.

Gina, glad you're knitting again! & tell your Dh that heels are not as scary as they seem
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
G J (06-14-2008)
Old 06-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #4020
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone.

Just a quick look in as I am not feeling good today. No, I didn't get sick from cleaning cameras, laptops etc with alcohol yesterday!!!

I did get a sock finished last night, now I have 2 odd socks waiting for partners. I sorted some of my stash and I have yarn for 10 more pairs of socks and I am still looking at more. I will take pics tomorrow.

Did you all knit in public today? I didn't leave the house so I didn't make it. One of my local lys was having something going on outside today.

Will try to catch up again tomorrow.