Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #441
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Silegose~Those are so pretty!! If you are interested in the Simply Love sock pattern you can buy it here on March 1rst......

Julie~ for more sock yarn for your birthday!! Of course you have to inspect it and make sure everything is perfect ...

Lisa~ You need a break from the afghan... time to try out the sock yarn that is calling

Tangle~ YaY!! Can't wait to see the 2nd sock...

April Babies~ My b-day is the 12th too

I've had one of those days where you feel like you haven't stopped at all...and your mind is all mush...a party with 23 1rst graders and mostly all boys will do that to you...but it was a lot fun...and I got my shopping done for the next 2wks that is a long process cause I hit all these stores for the best deals ...except I need more sugar I forgot that for Jd's tea ...

I finished the Hedgehogs...they are on my blog just click the go mountaineer thing in my sig... I might post clearer photos once my mind is working again...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #442
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Well I hope I will be able to get back here tonight. My computer at home is down. Using dear mom and dads.

jberry...I had done a guage swatch with the first pair and had 8 stitches to the the inch...
so with this one I casted on 48 st. I am now working the heel and have 24 st for the heel. I measure the littlemans foot were the heel is and from what I can tell maybe about 1 1/2 for the flap. then i need to worry about the turn. I really do appreciate your help with this. This will be the first time trying this on my own with no pattern to follow. Plus I have only been knitting for 2 years now. with a break in between these two years.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #443
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Also, the DS that is soon to be 3. His birthday is April 15th... Yes, I know.. what a day to have a baby.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #444
alleusion
Turning the Heel

Haven't felt much like posting today, was all I could do to even read forums. Exaustion has hit...guess it's the home stretch now.

April babies....technically, this baby is due in April. I've been given 2 due dates. March 30th and April 6th. I really wanted April 6th...to me, the date 04-06-08 just sounded cool. However, I think Ms. Emily has plans of her own and will be here sometime in March. Watch, she proves me wrong now.

I finished the baby socks in the DK weight yarn. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow probably. Too tired right now. I also finished my portion of one of the Oddball baby blankets....it feels good to have finished that.

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #445
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Morning,

Opal is a nice sock yarn too. Yeah, i agree - 040608 is cool, wat a good way to remember.
Started with Simply Love's foot where the first heart is. Knitted/frooged that first 4 rows twice.
U see, i started on st # 16 on the first row with the k2tog, yarn over, ssk (which is missing on the chart) which means i should have another 14sts on the left, but only knitted 13sts.

What did i knit wrong ? any advice, thanks.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 02-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #446
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jackie, I wouldn't worry about it. Either knit into the front and back of a stitch to get an extra, or do an SSK where it won't show to reduce by one.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #447
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Dear Gina - really, it that simply !! I knitted and frogged 2X (u know how troublesome is to frogged the 2 socks on a cir ndl)..How silly of me!! Tks. Hugs.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #448
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
No problem, Jackie! I make lots of mistakes, so I try to figure good ways to fix them. I figure they're on the bottom of your feet, so no one will see and you'll have the right # of stitches!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #449
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackie Lim View Post
Morning,

Opal is a nice sock yarn too. Yeah, i agree - 040608 is cool, wat a good way to remember.
Started with Simply Love's foot where the first heart is. Knitted/frooged that first 4 rows twice.
U see, i started on st # 16 on the first row with the k2tog, yarn over, ssk (which is missing on the chart) which means i should have another 14sts on the left, but only knitted 13sts.

What did i knit wrong ? any advice, thanks.
WAIT< STOP<

OK on the first rnd the ssk isn't missing...you don't need it...not till Rnd 3 do you start doing them on both sides...if you start on Rnd 1 doing both that will throw your whole sock count off...You are just doing the tip of the heart on Rnd 1...so it's right just a K2tog and YO

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #450
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by silegose View Post
jberry...I had done a guage swatch with the first pair and had 8 stitches to the the inch...
so with this one I casted on 48 st. I am now working the heel and have 24 st for the heel. I measure the littlemans foot were the heel is and from what I can tell maybe about 1 1/2 for the flap. then i need to worry about the turn. I really do appreciate your help with this. This will be the first time trying this on my own with no pattern to follow. Plus I have only been knitting for 2 years now. with a break in between these two years.
ok for 48 sts...here's what the book says...
turn heel:
row 1~ knit across 14 sts, ssk, k1, turn work
row2~ sl 1 pwise, p5, p2tog, p1, turn
row 3~ sl 1 pwise, knit to 1 st before gab ssk (1st from each side of gap), k1, turn
row 4~ sl 1 pwise, purl to 1st before gap, p2tog (1st from each side of gap), p1, turn
rep rows 3 & 4 until all heel sts have been worked, ending with a ws row and ending p2tog if there are not enough sts to end p2tog, p1. there will remain 14sts.
for the gusset they say to knit across all heel sts & with same dpn (needle 2) work across held instep sts; with another dpn (needle 3) pick up and knit 12sts along other side of heel, and knit across half of heel sts 62 sts total.
round now begins at center back heel
rnd 1 knit to last 3 sts on needle 1, k2tog, k1; knit across all instep sts on needle 2; at beg of needle 3 k1, ssk, k to end--2 gusset sts decreased
rnd 2 knit
repeat rounds 1 & 2 until there are 48 total sts.

for the toe you'll do
rnd 1 : needle 1 knit to last 3, k2tog, k1; on needle 2, k1 ssk, work to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1; on needle 3, k1 ssk, k to end--4 sts decreased.
rnd 2 knit
repeat rounds 1 & 2 until 24 sts remain then repeat rnd 1 only until 8 sts (total) remain...kitchener st remaining 8 sts.
hope that helps, if you need anything else let me know. I included the toe because I can never remember how many it needs to be decreased to before you can start the decreasing every round. O I cannot wait to see his cute little socks! My ds will be 4 in April and I really need to make him a pair too, he keeps asking. oooooo maybe I'll make him a pair for his bday?
ok I'm starting to ramble, need to get to bed.
night night socksters!
Closed Thread