Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #4511
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Hahahaha.....Marilynn, that's what i told Jayne too about the Lizzard thingy, but yours r the beautiful lizzard we ever see...hehehe

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #4512
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi to everyone.

Lieke: Glad to from you again. Hope the move went smoothly and that you are enjoying your new home.

Juie: You are getting on well with your sweater. Too bad about all the knots, that is annoying. Your recipe sounds good.

Knitgal: Glad you are enjoying “The Other Bolelyn Girl. So much more to it than the movie. I am reading The Queens Fool at the moment. Glad Ashley liked her socks. What a great gift for Josh's stepdad.

QOTD I have only made socks with dpns. I guess I have been lucky and have not experienced the ladders. I have the 2 Socks at a Time book but haven’t tried it yet.

I have been working on the charity blankets the past few days and not picked up any of my other knitting.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #4513
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Lieke, it's so good to hear from you again!

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but I wanted to show y'all my silk handspun. My sister spun it from raw silk, I think. It's a lovely gray color.

I'll be out of pocket for a couple of days while we head to Mt. Rainier. Happy knitting!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SilkYarn.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	48987  
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Lieke (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 02:48 AM   #4514
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Jberry, about the knots in the yarn: the yarncompany is allowed to put 4!!! knot in a ball of yarn, so there's nothing your LYS can do about it.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #4515
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
Jberry, about the knots in the yarn: the yarncompany is allowed to put 4!!! knot in a ball of yarn, so there's nothing your LYS can do about it.

And we are "allowed to" not buy yarn that has knots or may have up to 4 knots in a ball of yarn.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #4516
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Quote:
And we are "allowed to" not buy yarn that has knots or may have up to 4 knots in a ball of yarn.
Very good Chris. I seem to find more knots in more expensive yarns than in the cheaper stuff.

Gina: That silk is beautiful.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #4517
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I'm home and missed you guys bunches!

I haven't caught up on the thread yet (anyone have cheat notes?)

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and 2wks I was gone ...we had a blast in WV...it's so pretty there and the kids just really love it. They went fishing and swam in the pool...they helped my dad with his garden...I got a great start on school shopping for Isaiah...we visited Linda and got some knitting in...I started mom on her socks and swirl shawl...the visit went by soo fast!!

Carla~ I do know that you won the Sockamania 'cause I had mom check when she was at work...congrats

If we have newcomers welcome to the KAL!!

Here are some socks I'm working on

Finished the Silly Socks
Pattern: Silly Socks
Yarn: Encore DK
Needle: 5 ML

Working on
Pattern: Summer of Socks
Needle 0 2 circs and 2 at a time
Yarn: KP's flat blank that I dyed
I'm not liking 2 socks at one time at all...maybe by the end of the sock I will? I think it takes to much time to stop and untangle the yarn and this KP yarn sticks together on the ends

Pattern: Sydney
Needle: 0 ML
Yarn: Tofutsies
The revisied copy is out now and I re-started this one...I really like the pattern and I worked the heel like you're suppose to (last time I tried short row and it didn't work out to well) this is the first time I've created a gusset and heel turn from the toe up

I have soooo many pictures from the trip that I Have to go through them and see what I have. Keep an eye out on my blog today (if I have time) We made it home yesterday afternoon and I had to clean this house...no one in it for several days (after JD joined us) it was icky...today is unpacking and doing laundry...and fitting grocery shopping in...

I hope you all have a great day of knitting
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	silly party socks.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	48990  Click image for larger version

Name:	sydney.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	48991  Click image for larger version

Name:	summer socks.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	48992  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #4518
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Have fun Gina! Your Sister is a very tallented woman, hand spun silk-boy now we really have to find something spectacular for you to knit

Lieke: 4 knots!!!!!!!! I'd be pi$$ed

Chris, exactly...I'll be sure to tell everyone on Ravelry about my 'review' of the yarn. damn knots

Jackie is your new avatar your new socks??

I finished Green Gables last night at 10:45, just need to weave in all the ends today!!! Yes I'll post pictures later, suppose you wanna see how it fits. The only change I'd make nextime is to BO LOOSLY, I did my normal BO and it doesn't stretch much, should have thought about that sine I've made toe up socks. O well.
Now what will I knit today? Thinkin I need to make a pair of socks, maybe a 'class' sock out of Cat Bordhi's book
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
G J (07-09-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #4519
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Welcome back Dustina. Missed you early morning posts. Glad to had a good vacation, now back to reality. The socks all look great.

Julie, looking forward to seeing Green Gables. You certainly knit that up quickly.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #4520
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina glad youre back, missed your posts. I agree about the tangleing on the 2 socks yarns-kinda annoying to me. Love the socks! What do you think of the blanks? Do I seen Fiber Trends blockers? what size did you get. I think the sockamania socks for this month are toe up with a heelflap, may need to try those-I'm scared. Ok the kids wanna watch Scooby Doo on the computer (I downloaded a couple episodes to Itunes).

I totally forgot to tell y'all the KALs baby, Caitlin, is crawling now, as of yesterday! This morning I found her awake in her crib sitting up - can you believe it not quite 8 months yet and crawling or scooting & sittin up on her own! Time goes by so quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008)
Closed Thread