Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #4521
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
July: they do grow up too quickly. Bless her, it won`t be long now before she is travelling everywhere.

Gina: Beautiful yarn. It must be nice to have such talent in the family.

Dustina: welcome home. Nice socks. You are a brave woman to try those blanks.

knitgal: Boots is 9.6 lbs. and never stops moving. He is a healthy happy puppy now. As for the neighbours, I just ignore them altogether now. DH kept me out of the house most of the weekend. Friday we went to the library but it was closed. I heard music outside the library so we went to investigate. Freddy Vette and the Flames were playing 50`s and 60`s music so we stayed for the whole concert. Saturday DH worked in the afternoon and evening so I did errands outside the home. Sunday we took Boots to the local community centre. We went first to the bakery and picked up some buns, meat, cheese, cold drinks and donuts. We then went to the centre and had a picnic. Boots went in the Splash Pad with all the local children. We spent the afternoon there.

Hi to everyone else. I miss Dotty!

I did no knitting on the weekend at all. Shame on me!!! I am back at it today. I want to get this little lace dress finished and Gina`s socks so I can get on my sister`s bed jacket. I also have blankets to finish.

Have a great day everyone.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008), G J (07-09-2008), jberry16 (07-07-2008), knitgal (07-07-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #4522
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Ok I browsed through very quickly...Saw some very pretty socks, start of the Green Gable, cute kids, a cute puppy trying to swim, beautiful yarns, and Happy B-day Gina ...If I missed anything that I need to know feel me in...did dotty stop back in?

Sue~So true...back to reality we will go home again in Aug but just for a week. Usually that would be the last trip till Dec but I think we may go in for a couple of weekends due to family reunions

Julie~I can't wait to see the finished GG and for Katie bug!! I'm not sure what size those are...I grabbed mom's for the picture and didn't notice ...the yarn isn't bad at all to knit with like the feel in your hands...I do find that it's bad to stick together esp. along the edges...I didn't figure it would tangle but it still will if you don't pay attention...the backwards gusset is easy and you don't have to worry about picking up sts

Christine~Sometimes we all need to take a break and rest our hands...I'm sure you will catch up in no time ...not brave just crazy is my thinking now my mom after seeing me decided to wind hers up seprate...that was interesting but we got it done...

I also joined up for the Sockamania club where you get 3 months of yarn and the pattern...

Mom was going to show me how to spin while I was in but we never had time to drag the wheel out without the kids ...maybe next time we can...

I can also now show you all this test knit I did back in April
Pattern: Whitecap Socks
Needle: Size 1
Yarn: KP Blank dyed green and KP's palette in white
The pattern was very neat to see the mountains come to be...I want to re-knit them in a different yarn though
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	white cap socks close up.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	48993  Click image for larger version

Name:	White cap socks finished.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	48994  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-07-2008), The.Knitter (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #4523
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Those are great socks. I love the colours! Great job!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #4524
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
No, no Dotty in a while. I sent Mike a father's day card, but no word from 'em. Wonder how things are going?

I looked real close at your pic Dustina & they're a size M, did you like 'em? Are our placemats just as good or do you think those are better? Pretty test knit. I thought you were trying to use up your sock yarn stash lol, not getting more each month
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #4525
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I've been doing good...mom is the one who bought the KP blanks and then I took my dye in with me along with all the yarn she had sent money up for me to buy her (which included the blanks) we dyed the yarns together...then she also gave me some Claudia's in watermelon, so pretty...she gave me some cotton she had won for a top for Roo it's in that blue sky stuff so soft...so I haven't bought any just been gifted some new yarns ...that is why I don't really care for the test knit...I used what I had on hand and really that light green wasn't right for it...and the sockamania club was also a gift from my mom...when I asked her to go to my blog and then click on sockamania to see if I had won for June...she seen the club and the yarns and she also joined ...she is also now on Ravelry I just got some of her pictures up this morning of her projects-Lcole

I think the placemats work the same for pictures...however like the stranded socks were wet so they could be blocked and they seemed to dry faster and do better on the fiber trends

Okey dokey...I have mom's ravelry caught up...my stuff caught up...so now I need to go get my house caught up and then try to blog later on today...

hrmmm I'm going to drop dotty a note in the mail today as well...I really miss her posts and hope they are both doing well...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #4526
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Dustina, great socks! Welcome back!

Julie, I'd be pi$$ed as well if I had 4 knots in my ball of yarn, but they are allowed that much. I don't think I'd ever buy yarn with 4 knots a ball again by the way.

Well, I've got to run again. It's the end of my working day and I don't want to miss my train (half an hour of knitting)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008), jberry16 (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #4527
1to1
Turning the Heel

Morning Socksters,

OMG I get to pick out some sock yarn from Sockamania!!! Thanks Julie for letting me know. What would you select Etsy shop? This is so exciting!!! What a great way to start my week! I’m thinking this or this but what would you pick?

I have to share another time that I won knitting related stuff…it was right here at Knitting Help for their First Anniversary. I was stunned then too.

Yeah, I've noticed that Dotty hasn't been around either.

Glad to have you back Dustina.

I didn't find the 9" circs when I was on vacation but would like to try them.

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #4528
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Wow, gone a few days and I have so much to catch up on!

Bobbi, did you get the ring? Happy Birthday! The socks look great!

Ann, congrats on the new job, and I hope some of the leads on PR jobs pan out for you!

Marilynn, sounds like you're getting the hang of the socks, great job!

Julie, those fireworks pics are fabulous! Clearly I need some help- I'll post the one decent pic I got of my girls doing sparklers at the end of my post.

Lieke, great to see you back!

Gina, wow, that silk is gorgeous! Happy Birthday!

Dustina, welcome back! That test sock is beautiful!

Sue and Ann, I haven't seen the movie of "The Other Boleyn Girl" but I finished the book a couple of weeks ago, and loved it so much that I've been getting all of Philippa Gregory's other books on the time period and devouring them all. She's a wonderful writer! Did you like "The Queen's Fool"? Have you read her others? I think I've read them all (about that time period) except "The Virgin's Lover", which I'm picking up from the library this afternoon.

QOTD: I started my first sock on DPN's, got about 1/2 way through and switched to ML- and never looked back. I love ML and now I do them 2-at-a-time on ML.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-07-2008), G J (07-09-2008), jberry16 (07-07-2008), knitgal (07-07-2008), Lieke (07-08-2008)
Old 07-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #4529
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Here are a couple of pictures of the lace baby dress I am working on right now. The first picture is a close up so you can see the stitch definition. The dress itself is a coral colour although the pictures make it look pink.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pattern on lace dress small.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	48996  Click image for larger version

Name:	Lace Dress small.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	48997  

Last edited by The.Knitter : 07-07-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #4530
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Carla I'd pick the playfull one, the first one you linked too, though the second is pretty too.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-07-2008)
Closed Thread