Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #4911
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Karina, every time I see your CPH I love it. It's just so pretty!

As for the cable: I finished my first celtic cable heel sock. I decided to alter the pattern a bit, so it'd be a sneekersock in stead of a short sock. I started the ribbing right when I went back to working in the round and since I'm using cascade fixations, I only did 2 rounds of ribbing. I've got some pictures as well:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-18-2008), Karina (07-18-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #4912
Karina
Working the Gusset

I love your sock. I was thinking to do the sock low like yours, but was wondering if the cable feels comfortable in a shoe? I think I will try and order some fixation next time I place and order with Webbs.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #4913
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
I love your sock. I was thinking to do the sock low like yours, but was wondering if the cable feels comfortable in a shoe? I think I will try and order some fixation next time I place and order with Webbs.
I'm not sure it it'd be comfortable in a shoe, but I've knitted more socks with cables on the heel (breeze from knitty) and I don't feel those cables. I'll tell you as soon as I've got the pair finished and I've worn them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-18-2008), Karina (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #4914
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Should you find one please don't tell me as I like to live in my land of delusions

I just love how this has turned out and am so glad that I ripped out my mistakes.
I live is the State of Confusion is that anywhere near the Land of Delusions?

The sweater looks great. Now for those of us that are knitting challenged are the dark threads running through the sweater lifelines or markers for aligning when you sew the sweater together, or both?

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Karina (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #4915
Karina
Working the Gusset

Have been to the State of Confusion a few times and they are quite close, not too far to travel.

The grey threads are my lifeline, I was wondering if I could leave them in and do the same for the fronts and use them as alignments marker for when I have to seam it. any advise on that would be welcomed.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #4916
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Bobbie~Any kind of colorwork on a sock is a lot of fun...I use both hands carry one color in my left and one in my right...the tension seems to be better this way...and I catch/weave my yarn on the 3rd st of the same color...no matter what

Chris~ no lamb chops, wanna keep the sheep for wool!!

Maryilynn~I hope you had a great time at Knit night

Julie~I think socks for all would be fine...you could make them a bit bigger if you would like...won't be long and the July baby would need them...maybe at night before the day

Gina~Yep the pigs are on the cuff, top of foot, and bottom of foot ...I'm sorry that yarn is giving you such a fit...I have never worked with a bamboo yarn like that so I'm not sure...what about a wrap? Like Cozy from knitty ...I know thats a different direction but I made one out of the worsted Cotton fleece for a friend and it turned out really nice

jess_hawk~no yoga here...I used to do Pilates but don't have time for that

Jackie~I hope she feels better soon and her head stops itching ...JD always gets after me for cutting the grass...I just hate for himt to have to do it after a long drive to work...then work all day...then drive back home...so I beat him to it

Karina~ very pretty!! I think that would work...great idea

Lieke~They look great

Nothing much planned here today...it's already muggy/stuffy/icky...we have to run out for our 2wk shopping trip...you wouldn't think adding another child would make a difference but it does ...Yesterday we were outside under the trees...the kids were in their pool...and I started and finished a sock for Roo out of a worsted yarn the LYS wanted me to give a go...now gotta do the match

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
G J (07-18-2008), jess_hawk (07-18-2008), Karina (07-18-2008), Lieke (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #4917
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina you could always get alpacas, think of the lovely wool you'd have then

Jackie, how's Jayne today? Do you have any calimine lotion?

Karina If you left your lifelines in it would work for alignment when you sew it up, don't see why not. & it looks FABULOUS! I don't see any mistakes, & I looked

I've never done fair-isle or colorwork stuff so I have no idea.

Ok after CPH is done I'll knit some baby socks, I have had to hide all my sock supplies since I so badly want to knit them now but if I stray from CPH I might not finish it. And then I get this e-mail this morning from Patons showing their new sock yarn...Buy Patons® Stretch Socks & I'm like great, thanks alot Patons...after Kaite's 9:30 weigh in I might just have to check Michaels...baby socks, right?! O & the other thing I wanted to say is I measured Caitlin's foot & it's just over 4" & it's 5" around soooooooo the baby socks from New Pathways for Sock Knitters (the practice socks in the book) will fit her if I get gauge in a ww yarn, go figure...I really need to finish CPH & get onto socks! The sock fever has hit again...and I still don't have a pair done for SAM6, & there's only 13 days left in the month. I'd better get busy!!! o as for progress on the CPH, I only have 9 rows left on sleeve #1 Then I'll do sleeve #2 & then start sewing the fronts to the back shoulders and then decide do I want a hood or a collar & get that done & blocked & then knit the button band on and knit some socks! Can you tell I don't have any interruptions yet this morning, I'm awefully talkative. Katie's awake, but the other 2 are sleeping!!! Ok gotta get ready for the day, I'll check in later.

What do y'all think hood or collar? & if I do a hood, should I carry the cable up the hood? if I do the collar, should I knit the cable on the 'underside' of the collar so that it would show when it's turned like a collar?

Carla, Carey, Steeve, Tami, (Dotty?), Christine hope your having fun, Chris, Lieke, Jenny & everyone else!!!
Happy TGIF!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (07-21-2008), Karina (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #4918
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Bobbi, we alway put nail polish on chigger bites. They go away faster that way.

Karina, I LOVE your CPH! So pretty! Does the pattern have the cable go into the ribbing, or is that something you came up with? I usually line up the lifelines front and back. It DOES help with row counts and lining up for finishing.

Lieke, LOVELY socks! Great colors!

Dustina, that's a lovely wrap, but I can't seem to do lace with this yarn!

Julie, I'm partial to hoods and I think running the cable over it is nice. I don't know if I'd try to run the cable UP the back, but around the front. Hmmm. I don't know if you'll know what I mean! You need to do what YOU like, anyway!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
BobbiKnits (07-18-2008), jberry16 (07-18-2008), Karina (07-18-2008), Lieke (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #4919
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
the basic cable will run up around the front edge of the hood, the celtic cable I'd run up the back of the head.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #4920
1to1
Turning the Heel

TGIF Socksters,

Glad to see everyone staying so busy. I don't buy that people don't knit during the summer. When its too hot to go outside I stay in and knit.

I've completed the Baby Surprise Jacket and a little hat but I'm afraid the hat is too small. I'm going to make some little socks and then maybe reknit the hat...it was so much fun to knit and won't take any time to redo.

My knitting group is crocheting squares for the Cedar Rapid, IA flood victims and some for tornado victims but I can't remember from where. DD13 even went and crocheted some squares yesterday. She is still working on her socks but reading is more important to her now. She has her book friends and they share books but she still buys (I mean I buy) loads of books. Thankfully they go to the library too.

I used to read ALL the time but knitting has taken over my life. I knit and listen to podcasts and occasionally a book. I have so many books to read and need to get a few read.

Oh, on Monday I ordered a set of KnitPick DPNs, books, shawls and socks patterns, stitch markers, and BSJ dvd. Of course, not everything was in so I had to place another order for more things to get that free shipping both times.

Summer is going by way too fast.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
Closed Thread