Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #4921
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Chris~ no lamb chops, wanna keep the sheep for wool!!
Get one ram he will keep you in wool and lamb chops (just don't let Shari Lewis find out) Lets see how many of the young kids on this thread understand that referrence.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #4922
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Carla, Great choice on the buttons and yarn for the baby surprise! SO cute!

I ran errands with DD this morning and have tutoring this afternoon. I"m still not sure what to do with my Eden Madil bamboo yarn. It's very soft and very drapy (Is that a word?) but is also VERY splitty! I'm not sure it will work for Mr. Greenjeans, although I LOVE the pattern. The yarn fabric looks loose when I get even close to gauge. I'm not convinced this is a Worsted weight yarn. I'm looking at other options, too (thanks, Julie!), but am still waffling. I'm really tired of stockinette stitch from Green Gables, but I have a feeling that's what this yarn needs. Maybe I'll wait until I'm done with GG and need another mindless project.....
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #4923
Karina
Working the Gusset

The cabling is in the ribbing on the Viking version, but not in the original. I'm afraid Lisa Kay is the clever one to have come up with this.

Never have been one for doing patterns again. once done that would be the last time I would look at it. but this one I will definitely do at least one more time. you can find what ever cable you like and do you own thing. Never would have thought of doing it myself until I saw this.

I have 20 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran set aside for my next one already.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #4924
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
I live is the State of Confusion is that anywhere near the Land of Delusions?
ah, the State of Confusion. I run a taxi service to and from there. Its a fun place. I also sometimes make stops at the State of Denial... perhaps I can pick up some extra business at the land of Delusions?
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Get one ram he will keep you in wool and lamb chops (just don't let Shari Lewis find out) Lets see how many of the young kids on this thread understand that referrence.
OMG I haven't heard about Lamb Chop in FOREVER (Thank GOD). My brother was a little obsessed. I gave him a stuffed lamb (not a la the character, just a generic lamb) when I was about 4 and he was about 2, and he was pretty much glued to it for the next 13 years (at which point it got a little too close to disintigrating). If looks could kill, though, don't ever start singing the Song that Never Ends around me!
As a second note - I don't mind eating things that are already dead when I meet them, but I'd never be able to eat an animal that I met when it was alive. I can't even eat choose-your-own lobster. The only creatures that I can kill without feeling remorse are the kinds of ants that bite and mosquitoes, gnats, no-see-ums, etc. IF they are bothering me at the time.
Forgot to mention - my sweater got second. The first place sweater was better (sometimes with photography I feel like they are biased towards close-ups and mine is a better photo, just not as close to the subject). I got 3 firsts and a third in photography. I need to remember to put birds in the animal sections, I put in my dingo but she just looks like a dog so I didn't win anything with her. My lorikeet, one hibiscus, and my big knitting photo (one from my sock story/final project) all got firsts, and the cassowary got third.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #4925
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Jess congratulations on all the prizes.

We know who was really first in all categories ,you were just nice and didn't want the others to feel bad and wouldn't accept the blue ribbons.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (07-19-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #4926
Karina
Working the Gusset

Well done Emily, bet you feel really pleased with your effort. did you take any photo's at the fair. would love to see what sort of things are at an event like that. Not to sure if there is anything like that in this country.

Chris I had to look up the Sheep womans name, Have never heard of her, I grew up in Denmark. DH used to watch her on telly as a child here in the UK
Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #4927
Karina
Working the Gusset

I forgot about the State of Denial, Amazing how well traveled I turned out to be
Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #4928
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Hey, there, good friends and knitters !
Anyone still remember me?
I miss the heck out of you guys. Mike was APPROVED for Social Security disability payments, so things have eased up on us, but we're still getting caught up, so, NO INTERNET YET !

I finished my Hederas and my Socks of Kindness, and started a pair of Express Lanes, but they didn't look good in the multicolor Trekking that I'm using. So, now I'm trying the same yarn with the Kaibashira socks, and they don't look too hot either. It maybe time for me to switch yarns ! But I'm still loving the sock knitting !
I need to go and check the Sockamania stuff. .............I haven't looked at it since June !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-18-2008), cacunn (07-18-2008), jberry16 (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #4929
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Carla, you WON yarn on Sockamania ! ? ! ? !
How cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #4930
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I know what my sweater is gonna be ...I remebered that I had bought a Leisure Arts book when I first started knitting...'cause I wanted to get myself up to be able to knit this sweater...and well here we are and I'm just now thinking about it...It's the last picture #6 the sporty hood...only thing is it uses a bulky/chunky weight yarn ...so I dug out my first sweater I started and I only have 13 skeins of that which would put me 170 yards short of what I need...so I messaged a gal on ravelry to see if she had any extra yarn when she had finished the sweater...if not I'll have to wait awhile and order the yarn for it..

jess_hawk that's awesome

Gina~Maybe a bigger needle for a shawl would work better with lace? I'm sure the right pattern will come along for it

Carla~The sweater is sooo cute! I use to read all the time too...knitting is easier to do with the kids though

Chris~I remeber lamb chop...that was a good show

Julie~ohhh alpacas would be the way to go...I've been wondering about their new sock yarn...if the elastic would be annoying like it was in KP's dancing yarn...

Dotty, it's so good to see ya posting...we miss you so much here...I hope you guys can get the internet back soon but we understand...I miss seeing your projects...I'm glad you two are doing good...

Ok I'm off to clean a bit...it's soooo hot here today for us...this is when you need central air

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

Last edited by dustinac : 07-18-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: words : )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
1to1 (07-18-2008), G J (07-18-2008), jess_hawk (07-19-2008)
Closed Thread