Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #5031
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
& this is just too cute not to post, taken a couple days ago. That's her 'toy basket' she's pulling up on to get her toys out.
She is cute and I hope she shares better than some around here, Gina I want my toys back.

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Thanks Chris, what's the part that she's spinning with her foot?
The technical term for that is - One honking big piece of wood.

I'd look at Lowes/Home Depot for a round wooden fence post and cut off a six inch section. The weight helps keep it going. On the other hand if I were putting one together and going for go rather than show I look for a six to eight inch diameter wheel. I'd look for a wheel like those on older lawn mowers, metal hub and a hard rubber wheel. This should give the weight to keep the spindle going.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-24-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #5032
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by BobbiKnits View Post
I'm from the midwest, but nowhere near Texas (assuming you meant Austin by Aus). We've had some pretty nasty storms up here this summer, but not too bad lately. At least not compared to a month ago, when half of Iowa was under water!
lol yeah as mentioned, Aus is short for Australia. I'm actually from Iowa... the half that was underwater except that I live on top of a bluff so my home has never been bothered by floodwater. The QC down to Burlington got splattered Monday morning.
I still haven't gotten my sock yarn yet. :(. Maybe tomorrow...
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #5033
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Hi
Morning,

U guys are lucky to have the coupons dingy... it saves $$

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #5034
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

Julie- I like the way you think. They did say we get a bit of a break from the kids during nap time, so I'm sure I could sneak in a little knitting. I also get two more breaks during the day, where I can do anything I want as long as I stay on the premesis so I'm sure I could do some knitting then, too.

jess_hawk- I really should stop assuming things...Where do you live in Iowa, if you don't mind me asking. My boyfriend lives in Clarinda and the drive from here to there, which would normally be about an hour and a half was AWFUL the last time I tried to make it, there were so many roads underwater. I've never seen anything like it before. It also seemed really weird how it was like as soon as you cross the border into Nebraska, everything looked normal. But I guess weather doesn't really have to make sense, does it.

According to KP, I can expect my order on the 26th. I am really not very good at this patience thing...

OTN: Bold & Bulky mini cardigan, rectangle tunic

My Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbiKnits For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (07-24-2008)
Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #5035
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya bobbi,
I was just thinkin that maybe the shipment got delayed because of the flooding thing. I know that it stopped it bout a month ago when major hiways were flooded n nothing got past the Missouri River for bout 3 days.
Just a thought.. LOL!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 AM   #5036
Karina
Working the Gusset

Julie I am here DH have been home for a couple of days and we have been so busy. We bought a 16foot above ground pool for the kids so have been busy clearing the garden to make room for it. and setting it up. just about ready now took about 30+ hours too fill up.

Your CPH looks great, can't wait to see it finished. are you doing buttons or zipper.

Love "your" spindle, very pretty. Great idea about the foot spindle. is it a normal spindle that is put on a stand?

Bobbie well done for getting the job

Gina can't wait to see how your t-shirt are going to look with your substituted stitch.

Have been trying to work on my CPH for a few minutes here and there but shores keep getting in the way and am about 4 rows away from completing the ribbing on the fronts. Yesterday was the last day of school and we had to go to Kamilia's school to see her get an award in English for work she has done during the year. And See her choir perform one of the songs that they did for the competition. "Something inside so strong", brought tears to my eyes. Weren't allowed to take photos inside the school for legal reasons which is a shame, but I understand their reasoning.

it is 7.47 am and only Kameron is up so will do a few rows on my CPH, while it is still quiet.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #5037
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
good morning Karina.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #5038
Karina
Working the Gusset

Morning Jackie. or is it evening where you are?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:14 AM   #5039
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Hi all,

Just a quick hi, because I'm packing. Tomorrow I'll leave for holiday. I'll be back at 08/05.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #5040
Karina
Working the Gusset

Leike hope you have a great holiday. where are you going? have you packed your knitting