Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #5041
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Mornin, I'm up earlier than needed so I can get my AnySock fix before I leave

Karina, that's a big pool! 30 + hours to fill, that'd take all the water out of our state! jk.
I think it's basically a spindle held in by a barring & then spun by your foot instead of the usual drop spindle that's spun either by rolling it off your thigh or using your fingers to give it a twirl. I'm leaning towards buttons for my CPH because I don't like how zippers 'buckle' when you sit down, they always do funny 'roller coaster' looking things.

Jackie, yes we're very lucky to have cupons, I think we forget that. What are you doing & how's Jayne, all better?

I think I may have to make a pit stop at the LYS today and look at their roving & spindles/accessories before I buy 'the' spindle I want (or one very similar) I know I'll buy that brand, everyone that spins seems to think those are the cat's meow.

Lieke have a great trip!

Bobbi there will be days you wish you had to bring you back to your senses! (I promise) What age did you say you were teaching?

Gina we can't wait to see the socks your Dh is making & your new shirt that you're making that cable pattern is gonna be so pretty! I have that book too!

Dustina Did you finish Isaiah's socks yet? What colors are they? What colors are his friends gonna be? Are you going to wait for Christmas to give them to him, or let them be a back to school thing or just a 'now' gift?

Chris you're to much, I'll ask at lowes if they have a "honkin big piece of wood" Wonder if they just bought a post for a bed/gate or something and then cut it down to get the pieces they needed & a dowel & drawer pull & a ball baring?
btw, Caitlin doesn't share very well, she can hold her own.

OK well gonna get ready for the day & of course pack some knitting! I started one baby booty last night so I'll probably take that (on 4 dpn, for scaryness of others) to the doc's office.

Happy

Carey, Carla, Steve, Jess & everyone else - it's Thursday!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-24-2008), Karina (07-24-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #5042
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Julie, that is one gorgeous baby!

Bobbie, CONGRATULATIONS! I wish I had been knitting when I was working in daycare... I always had a hard time staying awake at naptime!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Yay, Thursday! I took my oddball care shawl to the bar last night and got a bunch of it done while I chatted with my friend Robert. This afternoon Emily has gymnastics, so I should be able to finish up this shawl and start on the other one while she's doing her thing. Of course I have to keep Abby out of trouble at the same time!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #5043
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Carey~I think it would be neat to play the handbells...hope you guys had a good time

Christine~that's neat that they each get a week and the memories will last them forever

Bobbi~ Congrats!!

Gina~ dh batteries ...can't wait to see the sweater and we looked into a Monessori for Roo...I'm keeping her home next year and will just work with her like I did Isaiah

Chris~

Julie~The sleeves look great...I have a blocker like that but not sure where I got it...She is a cutie!!

Karina~ohh the pool sounds like fun...Congrats on her awardsy! I hope you can find time for the CPH

Lieke~Have a great time

Jackie~ How is the bag coming along?

Hi everyone!!

Nothing much happening here today but getting the grass cut. I did finish Isaiah's socks yesterday (picts later) and I worked more on the S.O.S socks.

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

ETA: Julie, Isaiah's are a green and a reddish orange color (he picked them out ) and his friend's socks will be blue and a tan color...I'll just give them to him once I get them done...Roo is wanting me to start her mittens instead of his socks...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-24-2008), Karina (07-24-2008), The.Knitter (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #5044
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
ETA: Julie, Isaiah's are a green and a reddish orange color (he picked them out ) and his friend's socks will be blue and a tan color...I'll just give them to him once I get them done...Roo is wanting me to start her mittens instead of his socks...
Those sound like colors Jacob would pick out! & speaking of mittens, Jacob wants me to finish spinning this roving into yarn so he can have mittens I don't blame Roo, she doesn't want to share her Mommy's knitting. Reminds me of when people open up Christmas gifts, Bailey thinks everything I make is 'mine' & so when, for instance, I gave Grandma socks, Bailey said, "hey those are Mommy's!"
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #5045
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Karina, the pool sounds fun! And congrats on the award! I'm looking forward to starting my CPH when I finish at least one of the sweaters I already have OTN. I WOULD LOVE the "Viking" instructions you talked about--the cabling on the ribbing. Did you get them on Ravelry?

Lieke, Have fun on holiday! Where are you going?

Carey, are you getting any rain from the hurricane? We've gotten 1 1/2 inches so far. We need it, so I'm not complaining--just thankful I don't have to drive into Houston, since the freeway going into Houston from Sugar Land is flooded.

I hope to knit another couple of inches on my bamboo top. I'm completely changing the stitch patterns. Hope it works, but I swatched it and LOVE what I have planned. I also hope to take some pictures today, now that DH's batteries are charged.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Karina (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #5046
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello everyone!
I got back yesterday afternoon, but I was too tired to post.

Bobbi- Congrats on the job! Doesn't it feel great to finally get one after trying for weeks?

Julie- Great picture of Caitlin- she looks so cute! Hope the doctor appt. goes well.

Dustina- Can't wait to see the socks- you are the greatest mom for knitting socks for his friends!

Carey- Have fun knitting and watching gymnastics.

Gina- Hope the rain doesn't get too bad. I have seen a lot of it on tv and it looks awful. Stay in and knit!

Lieke- Have a great time on your trip- can't wait to see pics!

Karina- Sounds like the kids are doing well. Can't wait to see your finished CPH.

Christine- Sounds like you and DGS had a great time.

We had a great time at the cottage and I'm leaving for Hunt Camp Friday night after work, about 10. Hopefully I have time to get everything ready before we go!
I finished my first Hedera when we were there and I am on my second. Here's several pics on the finished product as well as the beautiful scenery.
We also dyed yarn with Kool-Aid! I'd never done it before and it was a lot of fun. We used Briggs and Little in Regal, which is worsted weight. I think I am going to use mine for the Kitty Pi which I am planning.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hedera2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	49271  Click image for larger version

Name:	Hedera4.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	49272  Click image for larger version

Name:	Hedera5.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	49273  Click image for larger version

Name:	Kool_aid.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	49274  Click image for larger version

Name:	Kool_aid2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	49275  

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (07-25-2008), jberry16 (07-24-2008), Karina (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #5047
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
knitgal: Your sock turned out really well. Beautiful job!!! The dyed yarn looks fabulous. The scenery is wonderful. I bet you were upset to have to leave such a pretty place.

What is Hunt Camp? Do you actually go hunting?

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
knitgal (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #5048
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hunt Camp is...a hunt camp! The DBF's dad and uncle are members and his grandpa was a member. It's a huge property just North of Huntsville, of thousands of acres and 4 private lakes. It has a huge house on it with room for over 75 people to stay. There are many events over the course of the year, like Father-Daughter weekend, Father-Son weekend and also real hunting events, like Deer Hunt, and Fish Weekend.
The DBF loves hunting and fishing so it's great to have access to this place.
In the summer, when there's no hunting, the members rent out the place for a week or so. We go ATV riding, fishing, hiking etc. It's absolutely incredible and one of my favourite places ever. I will take pictures up there and dazzle everyone with the beauty of Northern Ontario.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #5049
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, we've only gotten a few scattered sprinkles so far, no real rain from Dolly. I'm hoping for some today, though. My friend in Corpus is practically drowning in it, of course. Yesterday she said she watched out her window for a few minutes and saw two trashcans blow by...

Ann, your sock is beautiful, and the yarn looks great!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
knitgal (07-24-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #5050
Karina
Working the Gusset

Gina - here is the link to Lisa Kay's blog which has the instructions for the Viking Version CPH
http://lisakayknits.blogspot.com/200...tructions.html

Look forward to seeing your modified top.

Julie - sorry forgot to mention how cute Caitlin is in the photo. bet she gets into all sort of trouble now. good luck at the doctors.

Ann your sock looks great and what an amazing view you had at the cottage. I want to make the kitty Pi x 4 one for each of my cats. Waiting to see what yarn I have left over after a couple of projects are completed so will probably not be until next year.

Have finished the ribbing on my fronts but had to take one of my dog to the vet. She had a grass seed stuck in her foot. They had to operate to get it out. Poor thing is limping, will have to take her back on monday for a check-up. cost me 120.00 to have her seen to. the same thing happend last year. So am thinking I will make her a pair of booties well four booties actually. Anybody know of any patterns for doggie booties? She is a king Charles Cavalier so they don't need to be big.
Closed Thread