Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #541
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Mornin'!

Jackie: You're welcome-glad she decided to order too, I was wondering when I hadnt heard from you. You do realize that the yarn is wool? The granny square is to be used as a trivit, to put hot dishes on your table when you sit down to eat so you dont ruin the finish on your table. I used cotton so it would withstand heat and your humidity. As for the simply love socks I knit 2.5 repeats on the foot and then did a short row heel and then knit 1.5 repeats for the leg so I only have 1 full leg repeat b/c I don't like tall socks, & wanted to do at least 1.5" of ribbing, & I only did a k2p2 for that.

Silegose: I would like to know how to pronounce your name since I too thought it was clever spelling for silly goose-sorry.

Gina: I hadn't commented on your brace, I think it looks like jewlery & wouldn't be surprised if the 'kids' these days didn't wear something similar soon. How's it work when you knit? ok? Sorry I wasn't on when you had your heel question~Dh tends to camp out on the computer when he's home unless he's in the garage. What'd you end up doing? I can't wait to see pics.

Steve, the socks look great! Not very often we see handknit socks on a man's leg-pretty cool.

Lieke & The.Knitter: glad y'all are able to trade-gotta love KH members.

Tami: glad the donut fiasco is over, wondered where you'd been but glad to see you've kept busy knitting. Love the slippers. I need to make my FT felted clogs-my store bought slippers are about ready to fall apart, and Walmart has gotten rid of their slippers for this season-darn guess I have to break down and make some.

Jenny: I'm guessing ms. Emily is still tucked away nice and cozy like? How are you feeling? Have you knit anymore baby items?

Lisa did y'all watch the race yesterday? I needed some 'me' time and went shopping while it was on, ok just the last 1/2 of it I missed. But I got some stemless wineglasses at cost plus and some new clogs-my old ones I bought in Jan of 2000 and they're all used up. Whatcha knitting on?

Dustina: Do you have a link to the cw shawl? I cannot remember what it looks like or what yarn you're using and needle size. You're almost 1/2 way done, that's got to be a good feeling. I want to do some lacework too-Mom's got her eye on another vest-sigh. I still wanna make my afghan and a sweater for me too-but really enjoy doing socks. woo hoo for couches! I don't like futons either, that's what my brother has as his bed-not very comfy if you ask me. I was thinking about getting a papasan chair when I don't need my rocker anymore...anyone have any $.02 worth about that? I'm curious if they're as comfy as they look. The last time I sat in one I was about 10, so I don't remember.

Dotty: so glad you didn't have any leaks with your roof-that's always a concern and rain's the best test for it-well maybe snow/ice. Did you have pancakes this am? I was thinking maybe for Mike's therapy you could have him read to you, or does he already? Just a thought that would excercise his brain and help his language skills. Now what socks are you gonna start on?

Carla: you there? I have another qotd: do you have sock blockers for your socks, if so what kids, or did you make some yourself? Do you mind?
I don't have any sock blockers, but want some, I may try my hand at making my own out of those flexible cutting boards; well see.
I'm part of the Borders members book store and they emailed me a 40% off cupon to use today and tomorrow as long as the book is $20 or more, if any one wants the email forwarded to them just pm me your email addy. It's free to be a member. I think I'm gonna get the new pathways for sock knitters by cat bordi. I have the cuff & leg done on dh's sock, I think the leg is done, maybe a few more rounds-I'll have to count #1 b/c I lost my notes (dreaded thought isn't it?).
wow, that's a long post.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (02-18-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #542
1to1
Turning the Heel

Morning Socksters,

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't have any socks on the needles right now. I'm kinda waiting to see if I'm going to like the SPK2008 pattern.

I'm half way finished with the bind off on the Hemlock and can't wait to block it. I bought yarn for the Carie Lynn Bag.

QOTD: I dont have any purchased sock blockers but did make the ones out of the hangers. That is on my list of things to buy from The Loopy Ewe...I live less than 2 hours away and keep holding off on placing an order thinking that we will be going to St. Louis...we used to go every month.

What size sock blockers do any of you have?

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #543
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Knitgal~I can't wait to see the picts

Julie~Here is the CW shawl... I'm using size 5s on mine and KP's Shadow in Vine yard Heather... I would love to finish the Faboulous Insert Cardgain I started a year and couple months ago...but I got side tracked with Christmas gifts and never made it back to it ...I would also love to make my dad a Fisherman sweater but the cost of wool ...I'm not sure how the Wool of the Andes would hold up....I don't do very good with long term projects...socks are much better for me

Carla~I can't wait to see it!! I keep telling myself I can't start it till the CW is done

QOTD: I don't have any but I keep thinking I will make these...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 02-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #544
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Whew! I just got through reading everyone's posts from the weekend! (I'm never going to get any work done today) Hello to everyone and for the finished socks.

jberry~Love your heart socks too. I can't wait for the March sockamania pattern so I can join in with everyone. I did watch the race yesterday. I woke up with a migraine and didn't feel like doing much all day, so I watched the race with DH. I did get about 6 inches done on the "never ending baby afghan". The next time I knit for someone who's pregnant, it will be socks and a hat!

Lieke~The pic you posted way back is beautiful. Reminds me that my trying to learn continental and fair isle is going to be worth all the fustration.

I have some sock yarn "On Your Toes" in a dark blue/tweed color that I need to cast on. I like to knit in the car while DH drives us to work.(about 25 min) The afghan is now at a length that is just hard to knit on in the car.

Hope you all have a good day.

Knit on...........

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Lieke (02-19-2008)
Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #545
silegose
Knitting the Flap

jberry... it is pronounced sillygoose. but the spelling that way was taken way back when so I have kept this spelling less to remember.

1to1.... I have no sock blockers but too would love to have some. Our LYS from what I can tell dont sell them.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #546
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Dustina~that shawl is beautiful !!! and thanks for the sock blockers link. I don't own any....

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #547
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Dustina... That is sooooo pretty. OMGSH... I am no where near tha type of knitting. I have just learned fair isle. I dont know how to do cables yet either. Also, what part of IN does she travel to? I am in NW indiana.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #548
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Steve, those socks look great!

Dustina, WOW, I can't wait to see your finished shawl!

Look, I finished my first ever pair of socks! I'm wearing them at work today (sorry for the gross looking floor, I took the pic here at work) and I just want to walk around bare-footed all day so everyone can see my socks!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 02-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #549
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
QOTD: I don't have any but I keep thinking I will make these...
I just made those & wow how easy!!! So glad I saved some $ by making my own. Just take a pair of your socks that you knit & that fit well, flatten them out & trace around them...cut outside the line incase you have to trim smaller & then tape the first one to the rest of the board and cut it out too-same size...viola! Didn't take more than 10 min.

I'll check in tonight prolly b/c we're gonna go spend the day with my Grandma-kids great-Grandma! have fun knitting!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #550
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
That's your first pair Abbily? Marvelous job you did, they are beautiful. I can see why you pulled off your shoes. Did anyone notice at work?

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-18-2008)
Closed Thread