Here's the afore promised pic.
Of course, now that it's looking so good and anyone in the know can tell what it's becoming, I've somehow managed another snafoo and have to figure out how to fix it. I can't even desribe what it looks like I may
have done. This
will be included the next time I order from TLE.
And I really, really, really need to order this
so I can have more than one sock going at a time. Every time something like this happens, I feel stuck until I can fix it without sweaty palms at the thought of having to completely frog. It would be nice to have something else I can work on for a bit to keep my confidence going steady.
, it is
pretty amazing how I'm getting it. The other few times I've started trying my hand at socks, I was just following the pattern. I was basically nothing more than a complete novice. This time around, however, I'm seeing how the pattern works
. One round of stitches followed by a different round of stitches will produce a certain effect. I'm remembering what comes next. It makes sense to me that (with this certain pattern) a k2tog at the beginning "equals" the ssk at the end. And of course you have to have the yo2 in the middle to keep the same number of sts and produce that element of the pattern. And when I fixed that dropped st last night, the diagrams in the book made complete sense. I got
it. It was clear (as opposed to "I'm seeing it, and I'm reading what to do, but huh
I feel like the TARDIS has gotten into my head and I am finally speaking sock!